Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Living The Simple Life In Thailand

Living The Simple Life In Thailand

The North - East of Thailand is so often ignored on the tourist track, but to those who want to dig deeper and discover a deeper sense of the culture and know a bit more about Thailand in general, we caught up with Khun Keown who gives us a brief insight in to North - Eastern life (Isaan) and living the simple life.

Living The Simple Life In Thailand engagingthailandtips Blog

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I was able to keep up with Khun Keowns recent trip via FB... we were in LOS at the same time. It was nice to come home and see her daily input of life in Isaan, it made the transition of life back in the west so much more bearable... Another great read and insight on life in Isaan.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    One thing about Oz is i think very good in most major locations as far as getting The taste of Thai.
    In other words find the ingredients you need to make proper Thai food.
    I am not sure how my Joy would go if she could not when craving make herself Som tum or a good Pad ka pow.

Yeah PBB, Keown is a real character and certainly adds zest to everything. It is nice to get different perspectives on the various regions. I hope to bring more from others soon, but Keown is always so happy to enlighten us.

I should imagine that Oz is a dream for Thai ingredients Wabbits. The UK,is far better now as we have been running a Thai catering business for about 10 years and I remember how hard it was to get the proper ingredients in the beginning for sure. Things have improved a lot, but not up to Oz standard I don't expect, however if you want Polish ingredients then there is a deli on every corner.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giggsy View Post
    I should imagine that Oz is a dream for Thai ingredients Wabbits. The UK,is far better now as we have been running a Thai catering business for about 10 years and I remember how hard it was to get the proper ingredients in the beginning for sure. Things have improved a lot, but not up to Oz standard I don't expect, however if you want Polish ingredients then there is a deli on every corner.
    I think it is the number of Thai's along with other Asians being mostly Chinese that make it so...Simple supply because there is a demand.
    Polish sausage might be about the only thing you would get here, though the variety of food from different countries is enormous here.

Ahh those old days of wandering down to Joe the Greek blokes cafe in Earlwood, Sydney as he sliced off a kebab for us... good old Joe. Even back then Oz was stacked out with everything, but there was only one place to go after Joe had dried me out with one of his kebabs and fine Greek chit - chat and that was down the pub for a few schooners. Happy days in Oz, the memories come flooding back.