Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jontymate

Thread: Bum Gun

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

Bum Gun

One Aussies thoughts on the bum gun. What are yours?

The Bum Gun | Family life in rural Thailand & Australia
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Well written article and makes a lot of sense.....Still have not installed..WE use a lot of wet toilet paper in our house.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I have to agree that the hygienic and environmental qualities of the 'Bum Gun' far out weigh that of the old 'Poo Tickets', and to be honest it is a preference for me...
    BUT.... Kids, laminated flooring and bum guns don't mix!.... sorry Thip

We have only in the ensuite. (It has a floor waste). Yes PBB my kids have used it as a weapon. Usually at me. Dao follows the dog and gives him squirt or he is not clean.
    Minder and PatongBeachBoy like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Poor dog.... probably constipated half the time as he would be sh!t scared of the gun 555
    Last edited by PatongBeachBoy; 15th November 2011 at 17:16. Reason: more appropriate word

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Poor dog.... probably constipated half the time as he would too scared of the gun 555
    The dog and I have a top secret agreement. I take him for a walk early in the morning. I tell a little lie that he has not gone. This way he saves face...... I am mean saves his arse.

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    I bought a bum gun at Tesco in CM, brought it back to Aus and fitted it in my dunny.

Used it about twice. The water was too fcukn cold.

I now have one like this - Electronic bidet. Bought it in Japan and brought it home in my luggage.

Luverly warm water. Adjustable water pressure and temperature. Warm seat.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Love those japanese dunnies, they really are much more ass friendly...555
    Still, have to make do with the standard issue bum gun for now.

And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I have to confess....
    I have no fk idea how or what to do with a BGun, or for that matter a bucket of water and a drop hole.

I nearly went into renal failure, trying to hold it in when I went on the visa run, and again when on last trip went up the mountain.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    I think it was Weary Dunlop - the WWII Australian Medical Officer of Thai-Burma Railway fame - who described the Asian toilet outcome as "ar$e full of water, boots full of sh:t"

Tiles on the floors and mostly warm weather here makes there use possible here year round - in winter using one in Melbourne or Hobart would be like using the sharp end of an icicle....

I have guns in both the ensuite and the main facilty - no issue with trigger happy kids so far.

Enjoy.
    Life is the unexpected ...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    ^Beware being squirted by strange wabbit hiding in toilet.5555
    Looked at how you had set it up on the weekend might sort one out For Mrs W i am sure she will be happy and our large consumption of paper would most likely go down.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I was too scared to use the Bum gun the first few times in LOS. I was then suffering from a bad case of Ring Sting so decisied to give it a shot 555. From then on I will only use the Bum Gun when in LOS, the biggest issue i had was to trip dry or to dab dry 5555. The next trip when Noy came home with me I brought one from a Big C so that I could instill it at home. Have not had an issue other then the cold mornings during winter, spraying freezing cold water up the clacker. But you put up with it for a cleaner outcome

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Have not had an issue other then the cold mornings during winter, spraying freezing cold water up the clacker. But you put up with it for a cleaner outcome
    Nah! Not if you're a wuss like me you don't. The water in freezing in Adelaide too. Bugger that for a joke. I don't want to be woken up like that in the morning

If/when Noy moves to Aus permanently, show her how much you love her and get a seat like mine (;-)

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    Nah! Not if you're a wuss like me you don't. The water in freezing in Adelaide too. Bugger that for a joke. I don't want to be woken up like that in the morning

If/when Noy moves to Aus permanently, show her how much you love her and get a seat like mine (;-)
    She has not complained about how cold the water is once, and she was here for one of Melbournes coldest Winters. But I do like the seat you have and can see myself buying something like that when i own my own house. It is similar to what they had at KL airport. I wanted to try it but did not need to go at the time :P

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    A big issue with Bum Guns in Oz is the water pressure being a lot higher.
    If you connect one without a regulator you could get a lot more than you bargained for...

Attachment 1367
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    My origional reaction wasn't far from that5555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    i have installed one in the ensuite and it gets used all the time .... i love it !!! Not to mention how much the Thai GF loved me for putting it in !!!!! Thanks Minder !!!!