Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Thai Scams

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Thai Scams

Have you been scammed in Thailand?
    Tell us, even if embarrassing may help others.

One that cost me a 1300 bt was one night in Pattaya going for a quick ride on motor bike. Mrs W did not have a helmet on.
    Got pulled up by police who then blah blah blah in Thai and hands a ticket over 1000bt
    Mrs W thinks this is a lot, but Police guy just grabs my keys and rides off........
    Been in Pattaya a very short time at this point so did not think scam at all, fiiiiirk what now.

Friendly motorbike taxi guy who HAPPENED to just be sitting right where i was pulled up. He says give me 1300bt and says i will go pay your fine and bring back your keys.
    What to do? So we do 15 mins he is back with keys and we are sweet if minus 1300bt.

At this point still not sure if i am scammed or not and had no choice just had to pay.

Well done they got me......

Actually it is preferable to being put through the real process as that happened to me also, for no licence.
    They take your Bike and keys give you a ticket and off you go on Motorbike taxi who are just waiting for you and you head off to Patts police station in central Patts 15 mins away.
    Take a number and wait....wait.....wait......and wait 2 hours 40 mins with 200 Farangs and Thais to pay a 200bt fine.
    Then back on a motorbike taxi to go collect bike.
    Xmas Eve for me in Patts 55555

ub2me
    I start to think about it, but I really can't come up with anything serious worth mentioning.
    So many years in and out of Thailand, but no real Scam story to tell, mhhh ... I gotta try harder ;-)

I have heard much worse so i dont feel to bad and was a learning more than a burning experience.
    Now 20000bt a month to a cashier might be considered a scam.....

I got scammed once in a massage parlour. She started the oil massage... and after 20 mins she whispered "Special massage?" I just said "yes please".... and she gave me a BJ to completion... and then carried on the massage as if nothing had happened... then just before the hour was up... she gave me another BJ without asking... I was scammed! 2 BJs for the price of one!!! I was a newbie then...

ub2me
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I got scammed once in a massage parlour. She started the oil massage... and after 20 mins she whispered "Special massage?" I just said "yes please".... and she gave me a BJ to completion... and then carried on the massage as if nothing had happened... then just before the hour was up... she gave me another BJ without asking... I was scammed! 2 BJs for the price of one!!! I was a newbie then...
    Now of cause, knowing better today, you would return the BJ.

Fair is fair ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ub2me View Post
    Now of cause, knowing better today, you would return the BJ.

Fair is fair ;-)
    Nah.... I'd ask for a 3rd... 555

So... regarding your name... where before it was Up to you... now you are saying it's up to me? 555

ub2me
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Nah.... I'd ask for a 3rd... 555

So... regarding your name... where before it was Up to you... now you are saying it's up to me? 555
    As you can read in Justcrzn's jokes section... UP's have many different meanings and directions ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ub2me View Post
    As you can read in Justcrzn's jokes section... UP's have many different meanings and directions ;-)
    You're avatar pic is also a cracker.... I presume you put the camera on the timer when you took that... 555