Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Thai SIM cards

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Thai SIM cards

Who do you use and how have you found them?

I have used DTAC and 12Call and not sure i like either.
    DTAC for maybe better.
    12Call seems to send me loads of SMS.

TrueMove excellent. Pick up a FREE sim at airport. Cheap calls to AU/NZ using 00600 prefix: 1.5bt per minute to landlines and ~6bt to AU mobiles (10bt to NZ)
    Call quality excellent.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    TrueMove excellent. Pick up a FREE sim at airport. Cheap calls to AU/NZ using 00600 prefix: 1.5bt per minute to landlines and ~6bt to AU mobiles (10bt to NZ)
    Call quality excellent.
    Will get Mrs W to get one of these she is 12 call and its 10bt per min.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Will get Mrs W to get one of these she is 12 call and its 10bt per min.
    Cheers
    Make sure to pre-program the 00600 PREFIX for cheap calls!

Make sure to pre-program the 00600 PREFIX for cheap calls!
    Just told her she said she will go get.
    She said she can get in Kap Chiong.
    thanks for dat

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Yeah same as KR, True move, got it at Airport for free and have not had an issue with it in my travels. I am told I may run into a problem in Issan but has not missed a beat yet

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Call quality excellent.
    Used DTAC for the last few years - no issues with call quality but the ever vigilant Mrs M has found a better deal for us....so
    We have moved to True in the last week or so.
    Mrs M was put onto their deals by BKK friends.
    She got the Sim cards at 7/11 stores for 40 baht each - that gave us connection and 5 bahts credit.
    There is a variety of plans you can be on - things like free calls to other True mobiles between certain times if you make more than 5 bahts worth of calls in that day etc.
    We just selected the one that gave us the cheap calls back to Aus (now 1 baht a minute to land lines in Oz) via the 00600.
    Mrs M is happy with it - and her value for money seal of approval is not granted easily!
    Enjoy

1 baht per minute... getting cheaper all the time! Unused credit is valid for about 90 days (from memory), so I was able to retain the same number from Oct and continue using it last month. I always make a point of grabbing a few new FREE sims at HKT to give to friends heading over.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    1 baht per minute... getting cheaper all the time! Unused credit is valid for about 90 days (from memory), so I was able to retain the same number from Oct and continue using it last month. I always make a point of grabbing a few new FREE sims at HKT to give to friends heading over.
    Certainly seems to be getting cheaper there.

According to Mrs M there is a price war going on between the local carriers - DTAC, TRUE etc.

Forgot to mention that under their promotion at the moment we got a 365 day validity once we recharged the new True sims with only a 20 baht recharge.

Enjoy

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I have used the True cards a few time myself and have always proved to be reliable and cheap !