• 3 Post By singhma
  • 1 Post By singhma
  • 1 Post By wabbits
  • 1 Post By singhma

Thread: Life in a Village..

singhma

Life in a Village..

Hello to everyone..
    This is about my adaptation to life in a Village..
    I bang my head a lot on all sorts of things in a village..to tall.just as well have thick skull..
    When I first went to village used to say hello all the time everyday until Mrs S said that Thai's say hello once..say if people come from somewhere else ..make a big fuss the never say hello again..said it once so why say again..
    I always am respectful towards all cultures and people and help with my time to fix anything..or to give a lift to hospital at 2 in the morning..same as I would for western culture..always eat what is offered to me ..not Rat though ..
    When we need extra workers use the village people only..sit with the people to chat..
    Amuse the kids..
    Most of all I am very comfortable around Thai people..and all Asian people..
    I understand why the daughters have to go to the City to work and some have to do many things to support the family..its basically who can earn the most money..for the family..
    Thai people are very family orientated..they come first..
    Some western people never trust their partner and think bar girls are very bad..they are just people trying to survive..as best as they can..
    If the situation was reversed and we had to do this would we ,to help our family?
    I enjoy everyday in the Village and have fun as much as possible..
    For the language barrier at first many years ago ..Mrs S said just use your hands..to communicate..that worked until I learnt a lot more Thai..

Have a great day to all

Singhma

singhma
    Hello to all..
    More to the above post..
    For me..being isolated in the Village is peaceful...
    In Aussie I have to worry about the telephones the news all the trappings..constant attention required..high cost of living..work..no time for my own thoughts..
    Being in a Village ..I have so much peace..not much at all to worry about..even the bulge at the back of some mens shirts..( usually a weapon)
    I can have to time to think and plan without much interuption.except when my name is called then have to listen...

Have a great day

Singhma

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Great insights, an instant calm comes over me so can relate to how you are living.
    love pottering about Mrs W mums place doing odd jobs.
    Look forward to more of the above.

singhma
    Hello Wabbits,
    Its good fun ..I remember hunting for a square mouthed shovel..why do you want that my husband..oh its good for digging..ha..All the men looked at it and laughed..
    A day later everybody was using it..also string line..I always go to Bunnings and buy a dozen rolls and carpenters pencils the thick ones..the men love them..good presents..stuff we take for granted..also a good wood saw ..not the bushmans one they use..or what we call a bushmans saw..
    Also a Cement mixer..trying to find one when first in Thailand..anyway it gets used all the time now by people..

Its not easy being married to any woman sometimes ..western or Thai's..
    We have to try to understand things we know nothing about and wonder what we have done wrong..
    Mrs S and self have had lots of issues to deal with..she was very insecure for a longtime..partly because of a lost childhood and losing father very young..also having to work at 10 years old..fulltime..
    I am very patient and understanding..I just try to be calm and talk it out..
    Mrs S used to think in Aussie we have many ladies who want to get married to us and have girls on every corner..
    After a few years when the trust was built up for her..she realised what I had said all along..In Australia no woman wants us..well "Naa Yon" me..dog face..
    I said to Mrs S when we met ..our life what we did before is our own business..what is important now is what we have together and do from this point..
    HAd to accept someone always wanting to do things for me..that was hard at first..now its just the way she is..
    Build a bridge and get over it I said to self..

have a good day

Singhma
    wabbits likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Very good start. Thanks for sharing with us. I too like the life in the village but soon become restless. Usually because I am thinking to much about things that tie me here namely Children. The other thing I guess to be honest is what has been shoved down my throat for decades of what "retirement" should be and the dollars you will need.
    Apart from meeting your wife what was the thing that changed that would not see you come back. The straw so to speak. The thing that just made you let go, to be able to freely mould yourself to your surroundings.

Share as little or as much as you want. Just find it very interesting
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Once you have your 30 post count up i think you will enjoy some of the relationship stories.
    Sounds like you were not as stupid as me...Nearly blew my future happiness many times.
    Mrs W descibes me as a second hand car...One that requires some work.55555
    Thinkshe is right!
    Quarky likes this.

singhma
    Hello Jontymate,
    At first I used to get very restless..until I went to the Village.
    Well after a bit somebody needed a hand to fix something mechanical..fortunately for me I was there..At that point I felt useful and had I then figured out I would no longer be restless..I love to work and do stuff..for me its therapy..working with the hands..We are all different..we have to find a way to fit in..

I had to go back to Aussie for work ..then it made me realise how much anger, aggression ,violence, roadrage ,all the stuff we have here..high living costs entraptments..cars ..morgage..
    I said to myself I do not need any of this..I like the calm, peace, family life.caring for others that Thai people have..could this work for me..and my wife..
    It does..I can accept this lifestyle and embrace it..
    I wear size 15 shoes so that is very hard..I just buy lots when here..so that solves that major issue..

Have a good day to all

Singhma

singhma
    Hello Wabbits,
    Sometimes I wish I was a car..then it would be easy to fix..
    Have made many silly mistakes..some by just not communicating..thinking I can fix everything..also nearly blowing our happiness up..
    I had to promise Mrs S that I would always tell her everything that could affect us..since then it has been easier..
    Its was hard for Mrs S to go for a holiday out of the country..she did not see the point..used to think I would abandon her in another country..
    So I solved that by both of us sleeping in a single bed..I am glad it only took 3 trips to do..

Anyway its worth it.

Have a good day

Singhma
    wabbits likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    There is a joke in there somewhere with a dogs face but size 15 shoes but alas I will not go there. 55555 It is a great feeling coming up with a different method of doing something and having it appreciated. I learnt much more than I imparted with not just tangible skills.

I knocked up an auxiliary tank for my families kubota. Yep so the Farang can weld, but why does he want to cover his whole head up. What is still talked about though, I calculated within 100 ml what the tank would hold.

I just love the way a story is told. The sheet of paper I used the journey going to the fuel station to fill up and the amazement when it came to 94.7 litres the pauses and the ooooeeewww then the laughter.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I love reading all of these story's it makes me feel like eventually I might get there.
    Thanks for all your posts.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"