Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spot

Thread: Purchasing Motor Vehicles in LOS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

Purchasing Motor Vehicles in LOS

Somewhere down the track I can see the need to do this, and have read the following article Thailand - Buying or Selling a Car | ExpatFocus.com .

It would seem for a Motor Bike a a Tourist Visa is adequate, but for a Car you require a valid passport, a non-immigrant visa and a work permit or letter of residence which has been issued by the Immigration Department or Embassy

As down the track, someone could be in LOS upto 6 months on TV's, is there any options to get around these requirements, or a way to get them.

Be also good to hear from anyone who has gone down this path with a purchase of a vehicle in LOS, though not sure many here would have as most of us are newbies as such.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Somewhere down the track I can see the need to do this, and have read the following article Thailand - Buying or Selling a Car | ExpatFocus.com .

It would seem for a Motor Bike a a Tourist Visa is adequate, but for a Car you require a valid passport, a non-immigrant visa and a work permit or letter of residence which has been issued by the Immigration Department or Embassy

As down the track, someone could be in LOS upto 6 months on TV's, is there any options to get around these requirements, or a way to get them.

Be also good to hear from anyone who has gone down this path with a purchase of a vehicle in LOS, though not sure many here would have as most of us are newbies as such.
    Get the missus's grandma to buy it for you? the thing i would be looking to get is the Royal Pass thingo on the window. Save you heaps in Baht paying Police Bonuses everywhere you went, I got a bit tired of this last trip.....
    wabbits likes this.
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I know KR has brought a car in LOS not too long ago and from memory he went through what was required to buy it in his Kamala Kapers Thread. Why wouldn't you (or whoever was going to buy a car) just get your TG to buy it for you are not worry about the hassel?