Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Bag Searches at Phuket Airport

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Bag Searches at Phuket Airport

Flew home from Phuket on Friday and before you check in your bags at the Thai Airways Check In they were doing bag searches, not just carry on but both bags, had to unlock the suitcase and they want to have a look through, this was everyone not just random.

First time I have seen this, has anyone else had this before ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Standard procedure when i've departed in the last two years :-/

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Flew home from Phuket on Friday and before you check in your bags at the Thai Airways Check In they were doing bag searches, not just carry on but both bags, had to unlock the suitcase and they want to have a look through, this was everyone not just random.

First time I have seen this, has anyone else had this before ?
    I have had this every time at Swampy.... last time a guy in front of me had his bottle of contact solution confiscated and started to complain, he was told that it was an initiative of the Australian Government and any complaints should be taken up with them.... And just to rub salt into his wounds he was then bailed up for a thorough Passport check where a Aussie Federal police officer had a magnify glass out checking every detail!... he was far from happy!!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have seen that every time I have left Phuket on an international flight. I personally am not a fan of leave Phuket on an international flight, they are busier (less people then BKK but smaller area) and seem a lot more strict. I normally plan my trip to end in BKK. Also have to say all the issues I have heard of visa troubles, like having a return flight booked have come from Phukey Airport. Never had that issue at Swampy personally

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I have only ever departed from BKK, and had had no problem except for the last trip. Went thru the usual checks, but then before being allowed into the waiting area for our gate, everyone was thoroughly checked. Hand luggage, pockets, purses etc.

The plane was 1hr late arriving from Dubai and we finally left Bkk 2 hrs late. There were some very pssed off passinger's who had to make conecting flights, including me.

It turns out someone in Dubai checked in luggage and went thru customs but didn't get on the plane, they searched for him everywhere and eventually took everyone off the plane, and did full searches of them and their hand luggage, while his bags were off loaded from the hold. Obviously there was some concern of a bomb or something like it. I was told that by the head steward how was sitting opposit me on take off.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Standard procedure when i've departed in the last two years :-/
    Must be just Phuket then, most of my trips I end up departing from CM or Bangkok and have never had this happen.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Last few years always on hand luggage but never the stowed. Me always out of BKK and mostly on Thai though.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    We got the full bag search at Phuket airport two weeks back, but couldn't help thinking it was the going through the motions thing. Took everyone's water and cool drinks in the terminal before boarding the plane. (Someone needs to tell them that everyone else in the world does that at the immigration bag Xray station. The stuff you buy IN the departure lounge is supposed to be OK...???) We bought ours at the "Katoeys R Us" food station near gate 9. Amazing Thailand. Straight through at the Perth end.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    i have my bags searchedeverytime for the last 4 trips !!! And hate it when they take your water and if your a smoker they also take your lighter !!!! lol

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^^^ It must be those shifty looking eye's of yours Gaz ...555555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    If i am getting my bags searched i hope it is by a nice young girl with warm hands....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    If i am getting my bags searched i hope it is by a nice young girl with warm hands....
    Here's what really happens........5555

And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Here's what really happens........5555

Could be worse i hear in India they use 2 fingers......