Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Thai Bank Draft

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Thai Bank Draft

Does anyone know how to get a Bank Draft written up in LOS? I thought this would be the easiest part of the visa. It was so hard to explain to Noy what was required but she did get the idea eventually. She then went to the bank and they had no idea what she was talking about.

I then got Noy to call the Visa Courier centre who told her what to do. She went back to the bank and still have no idea what she wants. I have also talked to an English speaking person at the bank and they had no idea what a Bank Draft/ Bank Cheque/Money order was....

I would have thought that in Phuket that this would be something that happens often for Visa applications or for the Expats in Phuket. This is really doing my head in and I am out of ideas.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Sorry mate, Thip didn't get home to late and after 10 min of trying to explain to her what a bank cheque was I had more success banging my head against the wall!!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Try ไบ-สั่ง-จ่าย
    bai sang chai
    sound more to me like
    bai...buy with rising tone
    sang like it sounds
    chai but sounds like Jai flat....... dao said mybe can do now with credit card for visa...... note sure just now but flend can do.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    When I did first TV in Phuket we went to a Bank at the big Tesco Centre and asked for a Bank Draft, and it was sorted in about 10 minutes, so I am at a loss why the bank cannot understand what you want. All I can suggest is print this page and hope someone at the Bank can read English Australia Visa Information - Thailand - Visitor Fees
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

The size of the branch could be the issue...many banks are small and have limited services and product knowledge.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Thanks guys.I map shocked that they had on idea what was going on. Noy called back the courier centre and told them what was happening. The only way to say for it is by bank draft still... but they said they would give Noy a piece of paper to take to the bank near the courier centre and they will write one out...