Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Getting Married in Thailand

Cadet

Getting Married in Thailand

Hi I am a Wedding Planner by business name is Phuket Sunset Weddings. I organise all parts of a wedding for all budgets. Most of my customers are Aussies living in Australia. I've had excellent feedback on Tripadvisor and I have a great Facebook page take a look and if you have any questions please ask.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phuke...56943891017620

Many Thanks
    Lincoln

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    All the best with the business. I have been told about you from a couple people. Hope Gazmac's wedding all goes to plan for you guys. I would have used your services if it was not for Traditional Thai/Isaan Wedding we have planned and Noy wants the Village Chief to marry us.

Any chance you could share info on how you could register the wedding in Thailand?

Cadet
    For Aussies and most Commonwealth countries the procedure is the same. Start when they open and you should be finished the first two steps by the late afternoon;

1. You and your partner visit the embassy/consulate in BKK. If you've been married before you must provide a death or divorce certificate.
    2. The docs are translated into Thai at some embassys there's are touts who can take care of it. Pay extra for the express translation so you can get out of BKK that day if you wish.
    3. Visit
    Department of Consular Affairs
    123 Moo 3, Changwattana Road
    Kwang Toong Son Hong, Khet Laksi
    Bangkok
    Tel. (02) 981 7171 Office hours: 08:30 – 15:30

4. You then need to visit the Amphur office in your area. In Phuket there's one at Chalong, Phuket Town and Thalang. I use the one at Thalang the officer is easy to deal with, if you have a spare 1,000 you don't have to wait in line....

Hope this helps any questions please ask!

Thanks for that. So you do not actually have to have a ceremony to be legally marriade? In Victoria I believe thwy have recently changed that you must have a ceremony before registering a marriage. We are to Marry in Udon, but might not hurt to register the marriage in BKK before actually holding the ceremony.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Thanks for that. So you do not actually have to have a ceremony to be legally marriade? In Victoria I believe thwy have recently changed that you must have a ceremony before registering a marriage. We are to Marry in Udon, but might not hurt to register the marriage in BKK before actually holding the ceremony.
    After you've visited the Amphur you're married!! Only go to BKK if you want the marriage to be registered in Aus. Otherwise visit the Amphur in Udon.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaz View Post
    After you've visited the Amphur you're married!! Only go to BKK if you want the marriage to be registered in Aus. Otherwise visit the Amphur in Udon.
    Great Stuff. It would be good if I could skip BKK, but for the Visa I will have to make it registered in Aus.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Great Stuff. It would be good if I could skip BKK, but for the Visa I will have to make it registered in Aus.
    You'll only be married under Thai law, you must go through the process in my first post for it to be legal under Aus law.