Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Aussie Model Dies in Motorbike Crash in Phuket

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Aussie Model Dies in Motorbike Crash in Phuket

A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Thai authorities said alcohol may have been a factor and Ms O'Connell was not wearing a helmet.

Most of us survive the stupid stuff we do when we are young - some don't. I believe that will never change ...
    Life is the unexpected ...

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Most of us survive the stupid stuff we do when we are young - some don't. I believe that will never change ...

Speaking of stupid stuff...............................

Senior Constable Lance Munckton was shocked to clock a cyclist travelling at 56km/h in a school zone this month.

WEST Metropolitan Traffic’s top officer has issued a reminder to cyclists that they must abide by the same road rules as motorists after a man was caught speeding through a school zone on his bicycle.

Senior Constable Lance Munckton was shocked to clock a professional cyclist doing 56km/h through a children’s crossing outside St John’s Primary School in Scarborough during morning peak hour earlier this month.

It was the fastest speed of a bicycle the officer had ever recorded in 28 years of policing. Sen Const Munckton gave the rider, a 34-year-old Mt Hawthorn man, a fine of $150 – an infringement the cyclist was reportedly “very annoyed” with.

West Metropolitan Traffic officer-in-charge Patricia Lagan said although there was no one crossing at the time, a bicycle hitting a pedestrian at that speed was likely to kill or seriously injure them.

“It was during a time when children and their parents could reasonably be expected to be crossing, along with traffic wardens,” Senior Sergeant Lagan said.

“The key message here is cyclists are subject to the same road rules as motorists and will not be given special treatment by police.”

A cyclist could be liable for up to 10 years’ imprisonment for culpable driving under the criminal code, if a bike was ridden in a way that caused serious injury or death.

Cycling WA chief executive Garry Chandler said 99 per cent of cyclists would not reach these speeds.

“This is the first time I’ve heard of a cyclist being done for speeding,” Mr Chandler said.

“Speeds likes this aren’t uncommon for professional or top-level athletes, but cannot be sustained for a long period of time.

“But clearly cyclists are bound by the same road rules as everyone else.

“Flouting these rules could create a dangerous situation for everyone, especially when recorded in a school zone.”

The cyclist could not be contacted for comment.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^^ I hope they sent his details to the Olympic squad 555555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    This was in Phukett News a day or two ago.

It was 2.30am, she was driving with boyfriend on back, she sideswiped a food cart parked outside a nightclub and bounced onto the wrong side of the road head on into another bike.

Must have been very drunk or stoned, not to see a food cart outside a nightclub, not like it was in a dark back ally.

The 2nd photo of her is terrible, makes her look ugly and sickly thin.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    It is sad that she has died and a passenge at that...A reminder to those that leave therebrain at homeand forget you can still hurt yourself or worse on holidays.

So young and such a waste.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    ^^^^ I hope they sent his details to the Olympic squad 555555
    For the downhill events?

(Apparently the zone is at the bottom of a hill ... )
    Life is the unexpected ...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    For the downhill events?

(Apparently the zone is at the bottom of a hill ... )
    How is your Olympic training going?