Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Australian Woman disapears off Thailand!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Australian Woman disapears off Thailand!

Does this sound a little suspect to you??

International authorities have grave concerns for a Queensland woman who disappeared from a yacht in the middle of the night off the coast of Thailand.
    Carmel Brookes, 60, was last seen aboard her yacht as she and her boyfriend, marine biologist Dr Gerry Goeden, sailed from Langkawi to Phuket.
    Her brother Bill Heang, who lives in Brisbane, reported her missing on February 15, Queensland police say.
    Mr Heang told News Limited he had received a call from Air Sea Rescue that they had picked up a distress beacon from his sister's yacht.
    He was put in contact with Dr Goeden, who was still at sea, through Australian consular officials.
    Dr Goeden told him Ms Brookes had been on the night watch as they sailed off the coast of Trang, between Langkawi Island and Phuket, and when he got up to relieve her at 1.30am (AEST), he found her gone and set off the distress beacon.
    The news outlet reports Dr Goeden's first wife, Ellen Goeden, died in January 1984, in what friends described as a "tragic accident".
    A newspaper report at the time said a 37-year-old woman was walking in the Barron Gorge, north of Cairns, when she slipped while crossing a waterfall, falling 10m to her death.
    The Department of Foreign Affairs and Interpol are investigating Ms Brookes' disappearance........

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Either the Doc is well sus or well unlucky
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Fell over while trying to get 2 bean bags ??? WTF

The couple were taking turns steering the yacht and Dr Goeden told police he got up to take over the night watch at 1.30 am and found her gone He told her brother Bill Heang that two bean bags in the life raft were missing, plus the boat hook, so he believed she fell in while trying to retrieve them. They were red bean bags and would float but they haven’t been found.

And she must have banged her head real hard as she fell getting those bean bags, so she couldn't swim back to teh boat

Ms Brookes, a dancer, once toured with the production “Cats” and was incredibly fit and a very experienced sailor.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Either the Doc is well sus or well unlucky
    Which way do you lean.........Maybe wrong term to use..

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I used to work in the boating industry as one of my first jobs.... I remember hearing a story of a couple who were experienced sailors who used to follow the trade winds around from island to island. They were on their way to Vanuatu when the man fell over board, the lady knew how to sail and preceded to turn the 60' yacht around. By the time she had turned 180 degrees she had probably traveled 700-800 metres and probably the same distance off the line that they were travelling on, all you need is 1/2 a metre to a metre chop and it's near impossible to spot a bobbing head in the water..... He was never seen again!... She apparently drifted aimlessly for a couple of days before radioing in his accident and making her way to the nearest port... As you can imagine her story raised suspicions just like this recent one off Malaysia.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I'm sure the authorities will have a good look at the "Before" (increases life insurance) and watch closely the "After" (Shacks up with new GF) but without evidence like a confession there is little else to be done.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Guys,
    I sailed/raced once a week for 3 yrs with some of the best sailor's in Aust/the world, Ian Murry just one.

The guys had sailed around the world many times, My mate that owned the boat, Sid Yaffy and his wife had sailed around the world 3 times.

Everyone knows that in open water, NO ONE!! stands watch, day or night, without a life vest and a saftey line.

I first read about this about 3 weeks ago, and i imediatly felt sus.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"