Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By NamTanMot
  • 2 Post By wabbits
  • 1 Post By Arliss Michaels
  • 1 Post By jontymate
  • 1 Post By jontymate
  • 1 Post By wabbits

Thread: I would do anything for your simple life.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

I would do anything for your simple life.

The biggest thing my wife gets angry about with falang people is the title.

She smiles if comfortable ......say if only you knew my life.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Is this a Grass/Greener kind of thing?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    The biggest thing my wife gets angry about with falang people is the title.

She smiles if comfortable ......say if only you knew my life.
    yes, we all feel for Dao...living with you must be a b1tch jonty...555

I assume they they are referring to living in a village in Thailand? Very easy until you get crook, or don't have money to eat. TG was joking with her daughter about going to work in BKK...do you want to eat rice and fish sauce every night or do you want me to go away to work. Whilst said in jest, it is the reality of many and I expect has been her reality from time to time. Good news is that daughter wanted her mum home and happy to eat rice and fish sauce for every meal.

I have never ever had to worry about where my next meal was going to come from or go without, or consider not getting medical treatment if needed. I have enormous respect for the sacrifices of TGs generally for the welfare of their families.
    jontymate and bobless like this.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Go to village as a Farang is not a fair way to judge a simple life!
    Born in village to poor parents you will work end of story....Simple but hard I think.

When there amazing how many members of family work elsewhere.

From what I can see there is always something to do.

Farangs think it is a simple life..is for them they come and go and have money.

How many westerners would even visit LOS if it was all the same price as home.......?
    jontymate and bobless like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Go to village as a Farang is not a fair way to judge a simple life!
    Born in village to poor parents you will work end of story....Simple but hard I think.

When there amazing how many members of family work elsewhere.

From what I can see there is always something to do.

Farangs think it is a simple life..is for them they come and go and have money.

How many westerners would even visit LOS if it was all the same price as home.......?
    Or actually leave the tourist belt if they do visit LOS
    bobless likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Or actually leave the tourist belt if they do visit LOS
    Thats a bit to far out of their comfort zone

In truth moving to bahn with no plan may be simple but with out a plan would soon become boring as faaark.
    Those that consider this might be well advised to think on it and spend some time.

It is off the tourist track and can be basic but can also be a lot of fun.....There are hidden delights to find.

Quote Originally Posted by NamTanMot View Post
    yes, we all feel for Dao...living with you must be a b1tch jonty...555

I assume they they are referring to living in a village in Thailand? Very easy until you get crook, or don't have money to eat. TG was joking with her daughter about going to work in BKK...do you want to eat rice and fish sauce every night or do you want me to go away to work. Whilst said in jest, it is the reality of many and I expect has been her reality from time to time. Good news is that daughter wanted her mum home and happy to eat rice and fish sauce for every meal.

I have never ever had to worry about where my next meal was going to come from or go without, or consider not getting medical treatment if needed. I have enormous respect for the sacrifices of TGs generally for the welfare of their families.
    Yes living with me is hard. Most of Dao's TG friends are jealous because I never have a problem for her to send money home and I let her manage that. She also has never abused it or more so let herself be abused by some of the vultures.

She is (am I) proud that she is a smart girl take care of money. I also have enrolled in Sunday school at our local Wat. To learn Thai from Script up. I want to be able to communicate at all levels.

Yep.. referring to simple village life. Most of the comments come from what Dao calls crazy for shopping ladies.

Simple to watch a family member medically suffer when you know relatively small money will fix. Simple life= lack of choice and options.
    bobless likes this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    In truth moving to bahn with no plan may be simple but with out a plan would soon become boring as faaark.
    Those that consider this might be well advised to think on it and spend some time.

It is off the tourist track and can be basic but can also be a lot of fun.....There are hidden delights to find.
    Even now when we go and live in the Bahn we may plan to spend 2 weeks but often Dao will get sick of it or more so sees my discomfort and makes excuses for us to head to BKK.

The simple life would eventually make me a simpleton.
    bobless likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Often people confuse a "Simple life" with a "Life of poverty".
    The key is to get rid of all the non essential "Stuff" in your life but still have the means to do whatever you need.

Re living in the Baan, sure I wouldn't want to stay there 24/7 but neither would Nut, so living there would never become an end in itself for us. That being said, it is our family home and will always be treated as such.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Depends what you do or can do in Bahn and that will depend on what is around the said Bahn.

For me having a workshop would be a must then I could be anywhere.

What food and shops can be had close by.

Other interests like for me cycling or fishing etc.

The ability to head off and stay elsewhere when bored..

A simple life from the point of freedom and less stress.
    bobless likes this.