Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best Island or Beach in Thailand.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

Best Island or Beach in Thailand.

The best will differ in opinion to what people see as best as it does with Dao and I.

I think Koh Chang wins hands down. Tourist and farang friendly without being way to commercial.

Dao feels Koh Samet less travel from BKK more Thai families.

That said we had our honeymoon camping /anchored on Moerton Island.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    That's good to know. Never been to any of those beaches, but boy the rest you can forget about.
    Note: we are way spoiled for choice here on the west coast of Australia.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    That's good to know. Never been to any of those beaches, but boy the rest you can forget about.
    Same same QLD C1 i don't go to lOS for beaches....But the Vista's that's another thing.
    Phi Phi looking at those time worn sheer from a distance cliffs with their majestic and calming presents.
    Find a quiet little bay look down at the crystal waters and the mammoth rise of verticle megaliths makes me very calm.

Cadet silver
    Only ever been to Phuket & Samui. So based on that.....Paradise Beach, Laem Singh, Tri Trang or Kata Noi. All on Phuket.

Oh yeah and Phi Phi as above

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    C1 This is an issue in itself. I would love to explore the islands off WA. No doubt I will in the future (If Dao says it is ok 555) We are still talking about deferring LOS for a car house. Grey nomad deal with me still working. I love the simplistic view but. My job is for the bigger picture. She will just go with me.... yeah...family will be taken care off. Somehow it works for us.

Camping with a TG (or my TG) is a phenomenal experience. The best way to blend farang friends. In a little camping community. Off topic
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    ....I think Koh Chang wins hands down. Tourist and farang friendly without being way to commercial.

Agreed, Koh Chang .... very special ...

Attachment 1724Attachment 1726Attachment 1725
    wabbits likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Agreed, Koh Chang .... very special ...

Attachment 1724Attachment 1726Attachment 1725
    Can not see the pictures M

Can not see the pictures M
    Me neither... must be too special for us to view... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Interesting glitch - don't leave your manage attachments window open between different posts I'm guessing ....

KC_ 279a.JPGKC_ 297a.jpgKC_ 345a.jpg

Can you see them now?
    Last edited by Minder; 12th May 2012 at 12:26.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Koh Chang for me is Balanced East / west crap with a feathered hit on the west side. Every holiday now has words of learning. I heard Island as Got She hears Iceland all fun. Our holidays are now known as no matter where as "got elephant in Iceland". It works. I will say you wanna come see elephant Iceland in boat. Moreton or Fraser Island.... Plenty fish for free.

She will say no no we go together my car.....Phee. Put car on boat can do Ok Okay. Why dog cannot come will be the next question. Who take care dog will always be the next question. It works and I love it.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I know it's not Thailand but Fraser Island is an amazing place..... I've got an old cherokee Jeep that I will eventually restore for the whole purpose of getting to Fraser...

I heard that it has the worlds finest sand... If you look at a sand grain under a microscope it has jaggered edges, where the sand on Fraser is perfectly round....
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    ^^Been there a few times go snorkling and find the turtles..Getting there is just fantastic as the forests are so relaxing.

Ok silca sand has many differencing points of value. The sand that you are talking of is highly prized as "foundry sand" uniform with low turbititiy. (Clay).

Look at it yes.....the most valuable sand is rutile or a particulate Cr rutile Have you ever wondered down a beach and seen black sand. Have you seen the sparkles in that black sand. That is Chrome. A blend that it called chromite. I often go and see Borates home land of Kazakhstan The best chrome sand in the in the world.

A land locked country you say must have been global warming or the dinosaurs methane farts that dried it up,

Trivia over and out

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Ok silca sand has many differencing points of value. The sand that you are talking of is highly prized as "foundry sand" uniform with low turbititiy. (Clay).

Look at it yes.....the most valuable sand is rutile or a particulate Cr rutile Have you ever wondered down a beach and seen black sand. Have you seen the sparkles in that black sand. That is Chrome. A blend that it called chromite. I often go and see Borates home land of Kazakhstan The best chrome sand in the in the world.

A land locked country you say must have been global warming or the dinosaurs methane farts that dried it up,

Trivia over and out
    Well there's another side of you JM...
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Well there's another side of you JM...

Many facets to this diamond..... Only good on trivia nights.

About 20 years ago I visited Krabi and found my way to Ao Nang. Just to the south there is a small beach that was quite idyllic. At low tide access was possible over the rocks; at other times it was a trek over a hill.

Last weekend I visited again for the first time since then. Access is still a scramble over the hill, or around the rocks for all but guests at the Centara hotel now planted there; they travel by speedboat.

I enjoyed Samui when I went there nearly 30 years ago. I visited two or three times..... not sure that I want to go back there now.

Since then I found some places that took my fancy on Koh Tao. I visited 3 or 4 times, and did PADI Advanced and Rescue Diver there. I am tempted to return, though my last visit was about 9 years ago.

I like the Similan Islands, which I have experienced in different ways; camping, live aboard (on Sea Dragon's little Nangnuan; one of the originals) and on a super-yacht owned by some big shot as a guest of the local judiciary. I had hoped to return on Nangnuan in April this year, but got roped into other activities.

Despite being quite developed in parts, Phuket still has some beaches that are less known, with slightly difficult access that remain gems.

In the end, it is difficult to say just what is the best; it depends on the mood, the time of year, and what I want to do.
    Last edited by Mick; 12th May 2012 at 16:10.

Are there any Thai beaches where the sand is deep? As in a lot of it between the sea and the main land... some of my favourite beaches in NZ are where it takes 20 minutes to walk from the car park across the sand to reach the sea... it feels like you are in a desert...

If you keep walking you will get to the mainland DP...Australia...555
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

Quote Originally Posted by NamTanMot View Post
    If you keep walking you will get to the mainland DP...Australia...555
    I was thinking you could leave Sydney... eventually reach "the sand" and after a couple of thousand miles.. you reach the sea... on the West Coast... now that's a beach! ...555

I do like sand dunes on my beaches...

Toby and Arada
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Same same QLD C1 i don't go to lOS for beaches....But the Vista's that's another thing.
    Phi Phi looking at those time worn sheer from a distance cliffs with their majestic and calming presents.
    Find a quiet little bay look down at the crystal waters and the mammoth rise of verticle megaliths makes me very calm.

Helps get a perspective of your place in time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast