Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Things you don't like about Thailand ...

Things you don't like about Thailand ...

Thought I'd share a few minor dislikes. Can you add any? ....

1. Thai websites with music - and a hidden OFF switch!
    2. Sticky labels that STICK - they've never heard of easy-peel label adhesive?
    3. Wobbly footpath pavers - step on one and a smelly ooze squirts from beneath to coat your ankle!
    4. Staff who state "no hab", then you find the item yourself after a lengthy search of their store.
    5. Whistles used by parking/security attendants - enough distraction to cause an accident!
    david j crow likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Number 3 GRRRRRR i keep a close eye when walking but have been caught with it between my toes in my best thongs.....

Taxi drivers that always know where to go but never do.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    The total lack of pedestrian access anywhere.
    What looks like a "Footpath" is only a place to put dangerously live power poles, putrid sewage drains, payphones and other utilities, and for dogs to $hit on, or to be used as an annexe for shops and stallholders or to throw out all their flithy cleaning water.

Pedestrians, nuisances that they are, have to dodge everything else on the roads which are designed for large pickups, taxis, tuktuks, food sellers and motorbikes.
    Is is any wonder I never walk anywhere more than ten yards in Thailand...555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

^^^Not really catering for the wheel chair bound me thinks.
    Spot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    The total lack of pedestrian access anywhere.
    What looks like a "Footpath" is only a place to put dangerously live power poles, putrid sewage drains, payphones and other utilities, and for dogs to $hit on, or to be used as an annexe for shops and stallholders or to throw out all their flithy cleaning water.

Pedestrians, nuisances that they are, have to dodge everything else on the roads which are designed for large pickups, taxis, tuktuks, food sellers and motorbikes.
    Is is any wonder I never walk anywhere more than ten yards in Thailand...555
    555 ... that's part of the fun! My daily walk wouldn't be the same without a life-threatening adventure on footpaths too narrow, broken, with gaping holes, downed power-lines, greasy food stalls and parked bikes, cars and tuk tuks.

Within a 100m, on my route to Kad Suan Kaew, there's 4 food stalls/fortune-teller/dress-maker/boot-repairs/bike-repairs ....all occupying the footpath.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

I don't dislike but are very careful of those great big electrical distribution boxes mounted on poles with big thick wires protruding, lots of sharp edges.
    Always mounted to catch your head if you are not taking notice...There is one like this very close to the start of walking street...Lucky the foot traffic is light there.555555555

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    ^^^Not really catering for the wheel chair bound me thinks.
    Interesting point that, don't think i've ever seen a Thai in a wheelchair only Farang.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

Within a 100m, on my route to Kad Suan Kaew, there's 4 food stalls/fortune-teller/dress-maker/boot-repairs/bike-repairs ....all occupying the footpath.
    Now thats one thing I love about Thailand. You can get ANYTHING you want within a few yards of your door...5555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Hitting my head or almost losing an eye on sidewalk awnings, and just about everything else that is suspended to be over-head for a 5 foot 2 inch Thai but not an almost 6 foot farang .....
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^^^^ Agree Minder, and I'm 6'2'' so hit even more.

What I don't like is the lack of safety with power lines, apliances etc. You can't see electricity but it kills quickly.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Self perpetuation of poverty.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Self perpetuation of poverty.
    Hang on mate, I think I know what you are saying, but can you please explain...
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Hang on mate, I think I know what you are saying, but can you please explain...
    Mate it is just hard work to over come the hurdle of poor thinking. When your girl has learnt how to get out of the poverty cycle but cannot or will not challenge her perceived superiors thinking.

Dao has to feather the money being sent home. What she has learnt is to put what is available elsewhere for them because it will be to their betterment.

Two different systems at play mate.
    Spot likes this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Some girls are scared of having to much money and it will fly from their fingers.
    I think you could say the rich Thai's would be of Chinese decent where money attitudes are different, could be wrong open to being educated.
    MW is not bad but i have to control what goes on and just keep her informed.
    Spot likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Things you don't like about Thailand?

Ummmm - thinking, thinking, thinking ......

After living here for 4 years - nothing I can't live with!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    4. Staff who state "no hab", then you find the item yourself after a lengthy search of their store.
    Got served this the other day at Hertz at Swampy. Booked a 5 seater and expected 5 seat belts. Appeared to only have 4 seat belts, so requested a different vehicle. Cars in Thailand no hab 5 seat belts. In the interim, TG dives her hand behind the back seat to reveal the 5th seat belt.

For me, the attitude to the environment is a big negative.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Got served this the other day at Hertz at Swampy. Booked a 5 seater and expected 5 seat belts. Appeared to only have 4 seat belts, so requested a different vehicle. Cars in Thailand no hab 5 seat belts. In the interim, TG dives her hand behind the back seat to reveal the 5th seat belt.

Did you have Thai people in the car with you Nomad, if so you would be doing very well to get everyone to wear a seatbelt, thats my experience 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Yes, played hard from the beginning. Wear it or walk!!!
    wabbits and Cilla like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    555 ... that's part of the fun! My daily walk wouldn't be the same without a life-threatening adventure on footpaths too narrow, broken, with gaping holes, downed power-lines, greasy food stalls and parked bikes, cars and tuk tuks.

Yeah.... you wont be saying that when you really need a Fortune Teller at 8am one morning!

Um , idiot drivers ...you know well this tiny road here in Kamala , and the abject stupidity of the locals that result in near misses EVERY day.
    Fcuk Im over that.
    Its the weekend , so youve even got to deal with 9 year olds newly liberated with Dads old Honda Wave racing each other ....geez.
    Youve got the newly wealthy Moslem girls that are so scared of scraping their off side of Mums Jazz that they are driving on the wrong side and at you, youve got people riding scooters straight out of their front door , youve got moron newbie and puffed up Farangs that'd have a micro Renault in France barging thru everything with a rental Fortuner , people riding everywhere with no lights, sidecar bikes attempting to overtake you because you are driving slow and safe, cats intent on hunting prey charging across your scooters path , Burmese riding old bikes down the middle....it goes on and on.
    Honestly , you have REALLY close calls every time you drive.

I dont like it when they overspice my goong as well....555
    Last edited by Chob; 23rd July 2012 at 05:13.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    pollution-and the cavalier attitude towards it from the powers that be right down to kids throwing their ice cream wrapper in the gutter when there is a bin 2 steps away

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast