If she threatens you…walk away
    If she threatens herself…walk away
    If you catch her in a lie…walk away
    If it doesn’t feel right, don’t second guess your instincts…walk away
    (I’ll throw in one more here)
    If she may be a ladyboy, then she is…walk away

Any others?
    Spot likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Interesting list Pinot. A question if I may, gathering from your post in this topic Bar Girl can it work? you have been down the track, did this list evolve from that ?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    The below is something I saved from a poster in another topic at another place a fair while ago, that I thought was a great little piece that was a lot of common sense, and something you could go back and read if some self doubts started creeping into your mind. Hope the poster does not mind me reposting here, now he is here too 555

Of course all falangs in relationships with tgs will have their days/moments of doubts with their women, just as any partner occasionally does in the west. The added incentive of big money and the assumed checkered past of any lady in Phuket, whether the girl admits to it or not, may perhaps make any angst a little more acute. Throw on the bragging 'friend' and an sms from a big spending 'ex' and problems can grow.
    Coping is both external and internal.
    IMO coping internally is done best by being aware of the factors above and being tough, allow some or all the parameters above to stay in the g/fs life and ignore their possible outcomes, is not being tough.Say to yourself that if she never leaves them behind, then she was never yours.
    Accept it, really accept it.
    If she is willing to leave some behind immediately, and being Thai that will be the easiest ones, then shes trying. Time will tell if she can shake them all off and this can be virtually impossible to monitor from a distance.
    Any dabble into P4P is 'instant dismissal' , I believe and she should know that from the outset.
    Externally, ie your interactions with her ,should also be strong. Shes used to taking an inch (no pun intended) and running a mile with men. Be more like a Thai man than you may feel...have the attitude that if, " If you go with anyone, dont come back" and , " If you leave, I can replace you tomorrow."
    Of course, in private, be as loving and kind as you can, that provides the warm , fuzzy that is the cement of the relationship and all nondysfunctional women want.
    Generosity with money must surely be so relative as to be impossible to measure. How can you possibly measure up with a 3k a day (or more!) one week punter for the rest of yer life...DONT even try. If shes keen, she knows a warm secure and loving home is different to even a high flying month or 6 a year. If she doesnt, you picked the wrong one...flick her!!
    TGF always says , " Now you big problem for me" , a tgs way of saying "Im in love and that only means I can lose" , a neat summary of a tgs view on love in my opinion.
    Ive had to go thru some grief as you know, Ive had her back because the greif has not been about the parameters above, and we are only getting more solid all the time.
    I look at alternative partners less and less....

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Interesting list Pinot. A question if I may, gathering from your post in this topic Bar Girl can it work? you have been down the track, did this list evolve from that ?
    Ohhhhhhhhh yea, I broke these rules from the very beginning last time around. I should have walked away long before I did. The problem is getting emotionally involved with damaged women.

I have a friend who was involved with a bipolar girl for a year before he finally walked away. It's hard to throw in the towel. I don't judge anyone. "The heart wants what it wants" (Woody Allan).

These are my rules. I'm going to try not to break them...again. I hope I don't come across as bitter. I'm engaged to be married in December. I couldn't be happier. I just know mistakes are being made over and over again out there. If you're breaking some of these rules...think about it? Money issues and lies shouldn't be part of a healthy relationship. Just MHO.
    Last edited by Pinot; 10th July 2012 at 13:09.
    Arliss Michaels, Rivo and Spot like this.

The walk away if LB seems harsh. Do you mean if she lied and you didn't know she was a LB?

Overall I only have one rule. If it doesn't feel right... walk away. Usually covers everything else in the OP list...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Or you could just hang around without commitment, enjoying the best bits.
    The OP's rules seem to be qualifiers for a wife.
    Not everyone wants (or needs) that.
    Quarky and Rivo like this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    I know myself and DP are in no hurry to walk down the isle, why is it that some blokes, not all, want to be married or get married ASAP?

I am very independent and dont need someone by my side most of the time, although it does have its advantages, now I just need to workout what side of the fence I am sitting 555

Your list is very comprehensive Pinot and I agree with all of your points listed.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

I wonder how many of us may have broken some of Pinot's rules at some stage, and are willing to admit it, remembering that these rules may not have been in your mindset when it may have happened, and if so will they come back to bite you.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    About 4 years back I befriended a TG that broke about 4 of those rules within a week of me returning to Aust 555 True colours 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot View Post
    My walk-away rules:
    If she doesn’t make you feel good…walk away
    If the relationship isn’t working, don’t try and work it out…walk away
    If she has a number of problems…walk away
    If she has problems that can only be solved by money…walk away
    If she has a sudden emergency and needs money…walk away
    If she needs money for a business…walk away
    If she threatens you…walk away
    If she threatens herself…walk away
    If you catch her in a lie…walk away
    If it doesn’t feel right, don’t second guess your instincts…walk away
    (I’ll throw in one more here)
    If she may be a ladyboy, then she is…walk away

Any others?
    It does appear to be wife-to-be checklist so:

If the family are bad news (always on the phone to her wanting money etc) ...walk away.
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    I wonder how many of us may have broken some of Pinot's rules at some stage, and are willing to admit it, remembering that these rules may not have been in your mindset when it may have happened, and if so will they come back to bite you.
    Probably looked past all of them at one stage or another.......
    bobless likes this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Congrats to P and P .... Jo and I want an invite, ok na? So long as the wedding party doesn't go past 2100hrs 555
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Except the Ladyboy!
    Rivo and bobless like this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Congrats to P and P .... Jo and I want an invite, ok na? So long as the wedding party doesn't go past 2100hrs 555
    On the budget I've given her it's going to start at 7PM and be over at 7:15PM. Kenio

A friend was telling me the other day he planned for 100 people at his wedding. 1000 showed up...Gulp!

Hey the ladyboy thing was the most important one PBB!

We've all broken the rules. Rules are made to be broken? Many Thai girls play the game hard; way, way harder than what most farangs can imagine. I came across this on one the chat boards. You can find stories like this everyday:

I was with a lovely even keeled Thai girlfriend for 10 months. We had many wonderful times and she met many of my friends. They all loved her. She is a very attractive and friendly girl. I supported her through hair school for three months. She started working at a hair salon and I gave her 5,000 baht ($200) a month, free rent food and trips home to visits her family. After six months she quit her job and wasn’t doing anything. She then cracked her collar bone in a motorbike accident. Her attitude was turning to **** and she was becoming increasingly lazy. One night I called her and it took me 10 minutes to get out of her what was going on.
    She said that the family owed an Uncle 300K baht ($10,000). He wanted it paid back now. I told her that there was no way I going to pay her families debts. I told her I couldn't. I had my money tied up in a new business. I told her I would help her and that was it. A few nights later she started whining about the fact that her friend had an American boyfriend that had bought a house for the family and given them money. I flipped out and kicked her out of my apartment. She moved in upstairs with her friend that had come from Bangkok. This other girl was bad news. We were still seeing each other for the next month or so.
    I had to go into hospital for a hernia operation. When I came out 2 days later I found that 50,000 baht I had put aside for the operation had been stolen from my room and the girlfriend was the only one that had been here. I accuse her straight away. She claimed it wasn't her and new nothing about it. She said that her friend had visited and she will go and get her from upstairs to see me. I never saw her again. Recently I have been getting emails from her and I respond because I do love her and I know she was under pressure from this uncle. She is working at a bar in Bangkok. I’ve offered her a way to redeem herself and earn some good money back here in Pattaya with me. She hasn't responded, yet.
    My dilemma is I have a nice new girl now who was a professional singer and very attractive. She has her own house and long term she may be a winner. However, I feel she is a gold digger and I have misgivings about the money side of things. She always has her hand out. However, I still love my ex and I can't get her out of my mind. I am willing to forgive but obviously not forget. She may come back. She says she misses me. We were good together and it could have been good if it was not for this family debt issue. I am in a position to help now and I feel that I should, if she really doesn't want to work the bar. She calls herself a bad girl now as she has to do this. It breaks my heart.

Stories like this are heartbreaking. Ye, gods! Farangs...

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I haven't. Probably why I am still single... 555

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot View Post
    On the budget I've given her it's going to start at 7PM and be over at 7:15PM. Kenio

A friend was telling me the other day he planned for 100 people at his wedding. 1000 showed up...Gulp!

Hey the ladyboy thing was the most important one PBB!

We've all broken the rules. Rules are made to be broken? Many Thai girls play the game hard; way, way harder than what most farangs can imagine. I came across this on one the chat boards. You can find stories like this everyday:

Stories like this are heartbreaking. Ye, gods! Farangs...
    The guy is an idiot... I'm on the TGs side.... milk him hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    The guy is an idiot... I'm on the TGs side.... milk him hard!
    I'm with ya! With another one arriving every day, why not? What an interesting challenge it must be. How much can I fleece this next nob for?

I wonder how many are actually smart enough to pull it off consistently? They're usually terrible at handling money and usually end up pissing it away. And don't forget the other side of the coin...all the promises the farangs make that are never kept. The game. I'm not playing anymore.
    Quarky likes this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    This is a game that has at least two players if not more.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    It's not about who wins or loses - it's about playing The Game 55555!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    It's not about who wins or loses - it's about playing The Game 55555!
    Easier to play when you know the rules.5555

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast