Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gazmac

Thread: How much wine can I take to LOS ?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

How much wine can I take to LOS ?

Being a non wine drinker myself I have no idea 555, I have been asked by GF how much wine can she take back home, she wants to buy a bottle each for some friends & relatives.

I remember reading I think something about only 2L of alcohol, but I have been told that is only into Australia ?

I was told by a guy at a party I was at on Saturday night that its dependent on the rules of the country in which you are entering, he told me Thailand has no limit and you could take as much alcolhol into LOS as you could fit into your bags.

Anyone know the truth ? 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 17th July 2013 at 08:17.

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 17th July 2013 at 08:17.

I've never had any problem entering with bottles inside baggage plus DF in hand baggage and never seen anyone stopped or questioned. I think if you are carrying a reasonably small quantity of wine, say up to 6 bottles, you'd have be very unlucky to have them confiscated or duty applied. Up 2 you!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    I've never had any problem entering with bottles inside baggage plus DF in hand baggage and never seen anyone stopped or questioned. I think if you are carrying a reasonably small quantity of wine, say up to 6 bottles, you'd have be very unlucky to have them confiscated or duty applied. Up 2 you!
    Or they may take one bottle as "commission" 555! (if someone is awake).
    The checks into LOS are nowhere as strict and thorough as into OZ.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I was stopped at HKT because i had 2 x 1litre bottles ! Had to pay a fine or have it confiscated ! Obviously the fine was paid out of site of the cameras and no paperwork ! 5555

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    I was stopped at HKT because i had 2 x 1litre bottles ! Had to pay a fine or have it confiscated ! Obviously the fine was paid out of site of the cameras and no paperwork ! 5555
    Were they inside baggage or in DF plastic? Face it, you look suss! ..... lol 55555
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    duty free plastic bag lol yes i was asking for it ! Never had a prob with alcohol in luggage !
    Mrs W likes this.