Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review my site please

Cadet silver

Review my site please

Hello again guys,

For the past couple of months I've been playing around at creating my own Thailand themed website, just as a bit of a hobby and something to do in my spare time. It's still a work in progress and I have ideas for additional pages which I'm still working on. Anyway, I would really appreciate your views on how it looks, if theres anything I can improve, or ideas on what you as a reader would like to see more of then please share your comments. This is my site:-

tipsthailand.com | for tips on all things Thai

I'm not looking to promote the site, just genuine feedback. If however this is breaking any forum rules please delete this thread

Cheers
    Steve

Edit: **can I just add I've never built a website before this so please don't be too harsh 555***
    Last edited by toddmeister; 4th January 2013 at 22:44.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Looks good Steve always fun putting these things together.
    If you make me a small banner happy to stick it here and visa versa.
    Remember to always be adding to it, so people will want to come back and keep checking you out.

Looks good Steve.

Only thing I would add is maybe a way for someone to contact the website? Is there a "Contact Us" webpage I have missed?

I saw a comments box but presume that was for leaving comments on the web site rather than for private messages to you?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cadet silver
    Thanks Wabbits, if you have a html code for a thai-dreaming forum banner then I'm happy to put it on my site somewhere. Just send it to me. As for creating my own banner, wouldn't know where to start really 5555

DP there's no specific contact page at the moment, but I do have an email adress set up for it, which I'm going to stick on the homepage

Thanks for the input

Steve

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Had a quick look and I like it.. Congrats.

Cadet silver
    Cheers Pete

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Looks good Steve. Only problem is that the Find us on Facebook section has some shocking photos, particularly a BM! 555
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Looks good Steve. Only problem is that the Find us on Facebook section has some shocking photos, particularly a BM! 555
    Must admit I thought the same! 555
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Looks great, very professional .... but where's the Chiang Mai page?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    I also think it looks great Steve, the only I think you could add, in your about page you dont mention which country you are from, we can work it out when we start to see your pricing on items.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Only thing i would say is the text picture ratio is a little out.....some pages have mountains of text but no pictures, ths can be a little daunting when you 1st arrive to view....also the header pic says the same on each page.....maybe could have a relative pic for that page, then the user immediately knows that he has arrived at the page he has chosen and it also breaks the monotony of that same image appearing so many times

Good info though will have more of a read shortly..
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Looks Ok for me. Much better than I could do.

What is the motivation of your efforts?
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    It's certainly got that WordPress look and feel.

I found the writing really well done and informative. I read most of it and only spotted five or so typos.
    Last edited by Nubbins; 6th January 2013 at 18:22.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    You'll find the answer to this question on his "Working in Thailand" page.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    Are you in Phuket? If so, lets have a coffee.

Cadet silver
    You'll find the answer to this question on his "Working in Thailand" page.
    I started the site mainly as a "hobby" and to learn the basics behind creating a very simple website. Having an obvious interest in Thailand I wanted to make something with a Thai theme. Admittedly my interest was sparked by a thread on another forum, as mentioned on that particular page of my site. But I didn't start this particular site with the intention, or expectation of making anything from it.

Thanks for all your comments guys

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Toddmeister
    Site looks good and simple to navigate, on the 1st page under welcome, I think you have a typo in the 1st word "Sawatdee krap".
    I always thought it was "Sawadee Krap". I may well be wrong, but am pretty sure it is not the correct spelling.
    If I am wrong you have my apologies in advance

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Toddmeister
    Site looks good and simple to navigate, on the 1st page under welcome, I think you have a typo in the 1st word "Sawatdee krap".
    I always thought it was "Sawadee Krap". I may well be wrong, but am pretty sure it is not the correct spelling.
    If I am wrong you have my apologies in advance
    It's like all Thai script... translations to English are done phonetically and up to to translator
    Parts of Thailand pronounce the 'T' sow-wot-dee other parts pronounce it sow-wa-dee... same with the the Kruhb.. Krub or krup or even cup...
    As to the spelling I have seen many variations of all the common words, but Sawadee being the most common way of spelling but have seen Sawatdee many many times.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Cadet silver
    Thanks again for your comments fellas.

Chelski, PBB has pretty much answered for me. The problem with a "romanised" translation is that there isn't really one specific way of spelling. I've seen sawatdee, sawasdee, sawadee used. Same goes for "krap". Some would say kap, krub etc etc

Cheers

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    Thanks again for your comments fellas.

Chelski, PBB has pretty much answered for me. The problem with a "romanised" translation is that there isn't really one specific way of spelling. I've seen sawatdee, sawasdee, sawadee used. Same goes for "krap". Some would say kap, krub etc etc

Cheers
    No problem, just that some of my work involves technical writing, and it does not matter how many times you proof read your work, some smarty pants always manages to find a spelling mistake. There would be nothing wrong with the information, only a word spelled wrong.

The noise people make because of it, you would think there was a major problem not just a minor error.

Thanks guys for explaining the goings on with the spelling in Thai. I have looked at some of those online language translator sites, but noticed so many differences between each site, I think it is best left alone for the time being.

I am lucky in the way that I only have trips that last 2-3 weeks at the most so no real need to spend a lot of time trying to understand the language. If I was there on a longer basis, then I think I would have to try and learn some of the basics to get by in everyday life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast