Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Chiang Mai expats club

Cadet Gold

Chiang Mai expats club

Hi all dont know if many or any live in chaing mai but for those who do if any ,i saw a video on the chaing mai ex pats club can anyone shed further light info on this group ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Some of my neighbours and friends attend their regular meetings. They also have coffee meet ups,quiz`s and other get togethers.
    Local business brokers eg; insurance,attend and hand out info about all things living in LOS.

One thing my friends told me is that they were told that they must get a Thai driving licence if they are to live here. I`ve never had a problem when producing my Oz licence but that hasn`t happened for a long time even though i`ve been stopped plenty of times and always waved on again after being asked where i was going and where i had come from.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Some of my neighbours and friends attend their regular meetings. They also have coffee meet ups,quiz`s and other get togethers.
    Local business brokers eg; insurance,attend and hand out info about all things living in LOS.

One thing my friends told me is that they were told that they must get a Thai driving licence if they are to live here. I`ve never had a problem when producing my Oz licence but that hasn`t happened for a long time even though i`ve been stopped plenty of times and always waved on again after being asked where i was going and where i had come from.
    Yes i have read that somewhere about you need to get a thai licence if you are going to be a permanent resident there ,i am not really a bingo type of guy i dont know if i would fit in how you say a bit rough round the edges .

Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    Yes i have read that somewhere about you need to get a thai licence if you are going to be a permanent resident there ,i am not really a bingo type of guy i dont know if i would fit in how you say a bit rough round the edges .
    Thai licence is easy enough to do. Expats club I'd give a miss ... probably a bunch of old geezers supping tea and whinging about the cost of living. Young geezers meet at the Down Under Pub You'll fit in just fine Crispy.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Thai licence is easy enough to do. Expats club I'd give a miss ... probably a bunch of old geezers supping tea and whinging about the cost of living. Young geezers meet at the Down Under Pub You'll fit in just fine Crispy.
    Cost of living in thailand your *&&((Y&*&^*& me ,dont like tea anyway coffee and cigarettes it is what keeps me going (not really) but dont like tea may as well use the water from washing out your socks and drink that .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Expats club I'd give a miss ... probably a bunch of old geezers supping tea and whinging about the cost of living.
    I reckon an Expats Club would be well worth a look....aren't most here geezerish or getting there.

GOMs in Phuket is a similar concept. They do fundraising for charities and charity work as well as bi monthly get togethers.

IFAWAS waqs a sort of Expat get together as well. Some ex members in CM now as well.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    IFAWAS waqs a sort of Expat get together as well. Some ex members in CM now as well.
    Questionable venues though?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    ..aren't most here geezerish or getting there.
    Geezers <7>

Here on TD????? ............Never!!!

We're all only as young as the woman (or women) we feel.