Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting on Phuket

Cadet Gold

Shooting on Phuket

Hi all was watching the news tonight and saw that there had been a shooting of two german tourists in phuket ,now apparently the shooters were from a motorycle group well know here in aus and it was something to do with a deal on a bike ? this is what is being shown here .The two supposed gunmen have been charged with attempted murder and accesory to murder or something close to that .
    The germans were not the intended target but were just in the wrong place at the wrong time thankfullly it looked like only minor wounds ,both shot in the forearm ,i think these to fellows are in a bit of trouble ,i presume they will be treated under thai law one is 25 and the other i think was 32 may be a long time before they see australian shores again .

At least they didn't shoot a Thai... which may see them extradited?

May as well add some more info...

Phuket NEWS: Australians charged with attempted murder: miss

PHUKET: Two Australian tattoo parlor owners have been charged with attempted murder after opening fire with an unregistered firearm in the heart of Phuket’s party town, Patong, yesterday evening.

John Cohen, 32, and Adam Shea, 26, shot two German bystanders in their attempt to “strike first” against an alleged Danish mafioso, named by police only as “Dannie”.

“This is not a complicated case at all,” said Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Arun Kleawwatee. “The suspects, afraid they would be attacked by a party that they were in conflict with, decided to strike first.”

Patong Police apprehended the two suspects within an hour of the 7:30pm shooting.

“We quickly arrested the suspects at the tattoo shop they are partners in on Bangla Road,” Col Arun said.

CCTV footage shows Mr Cohen and Mr Shea walking into many hotels along the street and asking the receptionist for Dannie, Col Arun explained.

“That’s when they spotted Dannie leaving the hotel on a motorbike. Both of them ran out of the hotel, and one of them opened fire with .38 handgun. However, they missed Dannie and hit two German tourists [in front of the Family Mart],” he added.

Both parties were expected to show up in court yesterday to resolve a dispute about a “big bike” worth about 300,000 baht. Dannie did not come to the hearing, Col Arun said.

During police questioning, Mr Cohen allegedly told police that Dannie had sent a group of mafia men to his Phuket home.

“He used to live in Pattaya before moving here. I was afraid he would shoot me since he did not show up at court. So me and my friend decided to make a move first,” Mr Cohen told police.

Both suspects have been charged with attempted murder and for illegal possession of a firearm.

Police are now scouring the island for Dannie.

The two tourists injured by the stray bullets fired in Soi San Sabai, off of Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, were taken to Patong Hospital.

“Johann Baschenegger, 42, and Joseph Woerner, 71, were both shot in the arm,” Patong Police Superintendent Chiraphat Pochanaphan said.

Mr Baschenegger arrived in Phuket around midnight on January 21.

“My friend Joseph arrived before me. We were hanging out in front of the hotel when we were both shot in the arm,” Mr Baschenegger said.

Col Chiraphat expressed his concern about how detrimental such an incident could be to Phuket’s vital tourism industry.

“The suspects opened fire in the middle of a dense tourism area and injured two innocent people. They have seriously tarnished Thailand’s reputation and must face the highest penalties under the law,” Col Chiraphat said.

This most recent episode of gun violence in tourism regions of Thailand falls on the heels of British national Stephen Ashton, 22, being shot dead by a stray bullet at a New Year's Eve beach party on Koh Pha-ngan, near Koh Samui.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Scary considering I was lurking around Soi Sansabai a couple of weeks ago.
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out....

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Apparently you could hear the shots if you were in the Summer Breeze at the time...

Cadet Gold
    I think they be in a lot of trouble ,as you say imagine if they had shot dead a local ,crazy stuff .

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Lurking !!!! many things come to mind with this word when mentioned in the same sentence as Patong 555

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Apparently you could hear the shots if you were in the Summer Breeze at the time...
    Most probably a few shots going off in SBH at the same time too.....
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    One of the girls at P one bar got glassed by a customer two nights ago. He hit her with a beer mug so hard it cracked her skull. Just violence out of nowhere. He is now in the monkeyhouse.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    One of the girls at P one bar got glassed by a customer two nights ago. He hit her with a beer mug so hard it cracked her skull. Just violence out of nowhere. He is now in the monkeyhouse.
    There are some fucking idiots around... What nationality?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    That really sucks,must`ve hit her hard.

The shooting..

“The suspects, afraid they would be attacked by a party that they were in conflict with, decided to strike first".
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    The word on the street is that the elder of the two loaned the Dane ( the target) something in the vicinty of 350k baht over a motorbike , on the promise of a mill return , but which the Dane flatly refused to pay back.

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    The word on the street is that the elder of the two loaned the Dane ( the target) something in the vicinty of 350k baht over a motorbike , on the promise of a mill return , but which the Dane flatly refused to pay back.
    Ive heard of high intrest rates but that beats them all

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    story in the paper says the Dane bought the bike and didn`t pay the 300k (9500 AUD) on time or as agreed and then didn`t turn up for a court hearing over it on monday so they went looking for and found him on tuesday.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I am probably missing something here... but how does shooting the intended target bring you the money? Surely kidnapping and water-boarding would work better?

Yeah but blazing away in a crowded street and hitting innocent bystanders probably isn't the best form of "Self defence" either.

Yeah but blazing away in a crowded street and hitting innocent bystanders probably isn't the best form of "Self defence" either.
    Exactly. So what was the logic behind the shooting? How could it possibly lead to a "win"?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Biker wars and they can’t even shoot straight.. How did they think that they were going to get away with it?? Or was it more about sending a message?
    Either way, stupid if you ask me…

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Exactly. So what was the logic behind the shooting? How could it possibly lead to a "win"?
    You really have to wonder what these two were thinking ? They just shoot some guy and say oh we know nothing about it, in the news reports they were swabbing there hands for traces of residue from firing a pistol /rifle ,unless they have the magic of hudini i think it will be a long time before they see a cold pint again ,just imagine some guy and his family are walking down the street on holidays minding there own business then roy rogers and his side kick come round the corner and start blasting away killing one of this family ,mate seriuosly there is something wrong there and probably more to it than just a motorcycle trade gone wrong.

Yeah but we've got the Phuket "Safety zone" and now its going Nationwide....(Gawd help us).

Phuket Safety Model to be Rolled Out - Phuket Wan

And now there are silly arguments over what they are charged with... accidental injury to the Germans or attempted murder of the Dane? Surely it should be both counts?

Otherwise it's like saying Lee Harvey Oswald was aiming at a pair of pigeons at the time... JFK being shot was purely accidental...

Yeah but we've got the Phuket "Safety zone" and now its going Nationwide....(Gawd help us).

Phuket Safety Model to be Rolled Out - Phuket Wan
    I wonder how the safety zone might have protected the Germans?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast