Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Deep sea fishing in April

Deep sea fishing in April

Does anyone know if the seas are rough for deep sea fishing off Phuket in April? Is the fishing any good around that time?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Gazmac may know these answers and of coarse Chob.
    Gaz has done a bit of deep sea fishing there.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Fishing is never great near Phuket but the seas are usually still good in April. Towards the end can be riskier if it`s an early start to the rainy season.

So the answer is yes it`s possible and if the weather is ok you can book something while you`re there.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    I've been out trawling in April, but not deep sea/bottom fishing. Ocean was gentle on the day, but was a bit variable over the week, yet all days were fishable, not that we caught much. Spent the day searching for boiling water, birds diving, etc. Trawled through identified spots around a dozen times over the day, but didn't hook big fish.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Ok cool. Sounds like I might give it a go. Hopefully the early weather doesn't set in. I love fishing but my brother in law who is coming with us said he gets sea sick relatively easy.

Thanks for the info.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    Does anyone know if the seas are rough for deep sea fishing off Phuket in April? Is the fishing any good around that time?
    There are so many longboats and trawlers fishing the Andaman coast the charter fishing is so-so on day charters.
    Overnight charters would be a better result but not for the B.I.L.
    Trolling is often a tedious way to fish here compared to say west coast of OZ.