Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: No Country for Old Men.......or is it?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

No Country for Old Men.......or is it?

Two weeks ago today I was waking up with a mild hangover after a night out in Bangkok. A mate was in town at the same time so a boy's night out had been mandatory.

I'd known he had his parents with him on this current trip, so was only partly surprised that his 74 year old Dad came along for a few beers and a tour of Soi Cowboy's show bars.

It was a good enough night - a few beers at the Beer Bar opposite the Old Dutch and then the research began. Discussions I recall with his Dad included whether the naked girls on stage at Rawhide were more or less sexy than the Hat & Belt only outfits on display at Spice Girls....and so on. Dad is clearly enjoying the sights, he saw Walking Street for the first time a week earlier. At one point he confides that sex with his wife of 40 years was last seen over a decade ago - and somewhere a tiny alarm bell starts to ring.

Half a dozen bars later and it is after midnight and the mate and I are discussing whether next stop will be one more bar or getting a taxi back to the hotel for him and his Dad, since all three wive's will be expecting us home soon.

We are now in The Dollhouse, probably my current favourite Cowboy agogo. I examine our common tab, confident there will be no padding. It is a quiet night and I have previously had my service girl sitting next to me, gently teasing her that even at 30 she still could be dancing on that stage.

All is as expected on the common tab......as I said before, never a problem here and.....WTF ......Barfine? I point out the 600 baht charge to my mate as I wave over my pretty service girl, and in the flawless Thai I always can master after a half dozen Singhas and a few mixed drinks....tell my service girl that we have not barfined anyone...whilst waving a single finger back and forth at her in a good natured "naughty naughty" girl gesture.

She looks blankly at me long enough for me to suspect that, drunk or not, my Thai may not be as pristine as I think - and then simply points to the other end of the bench seat.

At this point the mate and I both notice that his Dad, and the girl who was straddling him five minutes ago - are gone.

Dad turned up back at the hotel the following morning with his story about losing us in the crowd and spending the night in a nearby coffee shop until he could find a taxi driver who spoke enough English to bring him home. His wife hardly blinked, just glad he was safe and had had a good time - no harm done.

The thing is of course, whilst I was taken by surprise in the Dollhouse, I was not totally surprised. It had already been mentioned to me how Dad had taken to getting a two hour Thai massage nearly everyday of the holiday - me and any other monger knows what that could mean.

Two weeks later today and now I am hearing that Dad does not wish to continue living in England and wants to move to Thailand on a semi-permanent basis. My mate who is also his son already has an apartment there in Pattaya.....I think I know what might happen next.

I don't know whether to worry about his Dad or admire him for chasing his dreams to the last.

No Country for Old Men? I don't know.

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Classic story Mr M.....5555

And the cheeky minkey hit you up for the barfine too!

How 'Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm? (After They've Seen Paree)".
    Last edited by Changone; 24th February 2011 at 12:59.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Seems you can you teach an old dog new tricks 55555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    If it was my Dad I would have to give him a wink and a high 5 and maybe even a pat on the back like he did to me after binging my first GF home at 16 for the night...
    A guy I work with, his parents travel over to LOS and help in the missions... I always have a go at him about his dad going for a massage...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Gave me a good chuckle. I am happy for the guy but I don't know what I would go if it my dad in the same situation. If he was no longer with my mum I know i would be helping him along the way and making sure he was not going to have a heart attack 555.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    yeah but to hear he hadn't been on the plow for over a decade, like I said I would be high 5'n

Can't believe his wife never batted an eyelid... presumably she knows what went on and doesn't care as long as he doesn't talk about it?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Can't believe his wife never batted an eyelid... presumably she knows what went on and doesn't care as long as he doesn't talk about it?
    My thoughts exactly.....but after 40 years together I am sure they both know where the bodies are buried so to speak.......and they are more like good friends than anything else ....maybe she figures she ain't losing anything so why be jealous......but for public consumption her reaction was to just laugh off what "the silly old bugger" did this time.

oh yeah....and a few hours after getting back to the hotel that morning he headed off for his daily massage

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    My thoughts exactly.....but after 40 years together I am sure they both know where the bodies are buried so to speak.......and they are more like good friends than anything else ....maybe she figures she ain't losing anything so why be jealous......but for public consumption her reaction was to just laugh off what "the silly old bugger" did this time.

oh yeah....and a few hours after getting back to the hotel that morning he headed off for his daily massage

Enjoy
    I hope I have a missus as accommodating when I am 75... 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

Enjoy
    I think, that many older woman, who have gone thru the change in life, reaise/loose the need for the man to be faithfull phisically.

They will hapily turn a blind eye to him doing a "non intamacy thing" in other words, go get it off but don't have any feelings.

This is where the younger, by many years, comes into play, they realise the girl is young and not going to fall in love, and know he knows as well, so OK no threat, just phisical.

If he was to go with a woman more his age, she will be sharpening the knife"s