Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Retirement Abroad: Ever Thought About Hua Hin, Thailand

Retirement Abroad: Ever Thought About Hua Hin, Thailand

On Hua Hin, Thailand
    When thinking of retirement and that's early retirement, location independent lifestyle, staying longer in a location = mini retirements or just visiting then Hua Hin in Thailand ticks all the boxes. 5 articles here on life design, life style and living in Hua Hin. Three of these articles are from an interview I did with British ex pat and freelance writer Mark Stephens. Mark has lived in Hua Hin for 8 years and gives some fantastic information for any of you fellow sun seekers.

Retirement Abroad: Ever Thought About Hua Hin,Thailand? engagingthailandtips Blog

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Been twice to Hua Hin over the past year. Has a lot going for it. A fast train would be sensational!!! I have heard the buses from BKK described as coffins on wheels!

Not sure if it gets a tick for the beach. Have stayed at Cha am & Hua Hin. Too many jelly fish and water was pretty murky both times. Was I just there at a bad time of year giggsy?
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ water is murky all year round there. I have probably been there 4 or 5 times but mainly in April and it`s been stinking hot...wouldn`t want to live there but it seems to suit many others.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    yep...not for me....the beach is poor, water quality is poor and all that poney crap on the beach stinks....damn shame really as in most other ways its a nice little seaside city

Agree about the beach, but I usually head to Pranbury. The beach is really stunning there along with the scenery and pretty much deserted during the week. Hua Hin actually attracts quite a few expats as most things are within reach and when a trip to Bangkok is required it's not far to go.

I am looking for some land 90 minutes further south at Prachuab. Lovely clean area of Thailand.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    There has been a bit of brutal thuggery amongst farang developers in HH - do your research.

I agree - south of Phrechuap Kiri Khan to Pranburi are nicer and more accessible beaches than HH.

And talking access in Hua Hin - I've never seen elsewhere signs saying " To ***** Resort - U-turn 1.8 km" time after time because of the centre road barrier catering to the to/from BKK speed demons FFS!

Much better places on the Gulf for me.
    Last edited by Zablive; 21st February 2013 at 15:21.

^ there`s a by pass road around HH/Cha Am for those in hurry.I`d much rather barriers than twats zooming across the road just in front of you.

Bang Saphan (just south of Chumphon) is one that a lot of people talk about too for it`s nice golden sand and decent beaches. Have been through there once and seems it`s very quiet and relatively off the tourist trail.

C'mon you should be driving like a local by now...
    Last edited by Quarky; 21st February 2013 at 17:52. Reason: removed non-TD reference

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    C'mon you should be driving like a local by now...
    That`s the stupidest comment i`ve ever read about LOS...take a bow.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Both times i have travelled that side of Thailand, 1st in a Racing coffin and second in a Truck, never even see the signs to Hua Hin.

Local Falang husabands seem to like it, and do mention beach and water but not so much as price and whats available????

I cannot contribute more than that... Khup
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    That`s the stupidest comment i`ve ever read about LOS...take a bow.
    Driving like a local = going with the flow: Much safer that way

Quote Originally Posted by MeMock View Post
    Driving like a local = going with the flow: Much safer that way
    Right..so that wouldn`t include the ones coming straight at you on the wrong side of the road then? 55

No because I would be on the other side of the road driving like a local 555

Quote Originally Posted by MeMock View Post
    No because I would be on the other side of the road driving like a local 555
    Particularly in Hua Hin 555!.

Actually I have read (?LIL) that it is legal to ride in either direction in a motorbike lane?