Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: rents in thailand

Cadet Bronze

rents in thailand

can someone who is living in thailand please let me know what rent you have to pay to live in thailand,and what type of accommodation are you looking at ,both in a major city and in an outlying province

Chiang Mai: 10,000 Bt/month + utilities
    7km from city centre - (longish) walk to major shops - 3 km from airport
    Spacious 2 bedroom house in leafy mooban on ~ 400 sq/m block. 2 bathrooms, 2 x a/c and a BIG western kitchen!

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bepp View Post
    can someone who is living in thailand please let me know what rent you have to pay to live in thailand,and what type of accommodation are you looking at ,both in a major city and in an outlying province
    Anything from 4k/month to 60k/month or more on what you`ve described for a decent farang existence.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Phuket : 2 year old house. 1 bedroom , 1 bath , small lounge , dining , largish kitchen , very large bedroom. Large underfloor parking /entertainment/laundry.
    Furnished. 12k per month. Inc fast net , cable , water
    9kms from Patong.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chob; 5th May 2013 at 03:54.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Samui...one bed bungalow from 10K per month

I am paying 3,500 a month plus about 500 for electricity for a 35 square metre apartment, a little out of town. New tenants are paying 4,200.

There is a balcony / kitchen area, and a bathroom outside the main 35 sq. m. room. Being well ventilated I seldom use the air-conditioning, or even a fan. It has good natural light, so I don't need to run any lights in the day time. The room has the basic furniture, but there is no cable television, telephone line, or wifi internet. Something similar in town, with all the mod cons would be 5 - 7000, depending on the location. You can pay twice that, or more, for an apartment in a building with fancy facilities, such as a swimming pool, gym and all the trimmings.

The same landlord has more basic, unfurnished rooms nearby for about 2,000 a month.

There is a wide range of rents for houses. A basic one bedroom place can be had for 7,000 or less. Expect to pay near twice that for something a westerner would consider comfortable. Add a bedroom or two and the rent starts to go up. I know people (or their company) paying up to 350,000 for something quite flash, with a swimming pool, sala, a garden, and all the stuff.

Interesting prices, esp the Chiang Mai one. Hmmmm. Time to consider a more semi-permanent Thai bolt-hole.