Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taxi driver bashed in pattaya

Cadet Gold

taxi driver bashed in pattaya

Hi all ,well as the topic states it is about a taxi driver getting bashed in pattaya .Now i dont know this person personnaly but she is a very good friend of my tg and has two taxis in pattaya .The other night she got hailed by a farang to take him home was only a short trip about 40 baht i think ,anyway when he gets out of the cab he says to her heres 10 baht and hurls it at her as she sits in the drivers seat ,naturally she is not impressed by this and tells him to *&*** off .

with this he drags her from the taxi and gives her a flogging seven stiches to the face and one to the lip and numerous bruises ,now this tosser has lived in pattaya for around 4 years and i suppose is classed as a local married to a thai ,his wife told the police he has a hot heart ,from what i understand this means he gets angry easiliy ,well the police came and arrested this fool and took him of to the lockup ,now the police came to lek and asked her what would you accept as compensation ,lek is a widow with two daughters driving a taxi to support them husband died from heart attack 2 years ago.

She wants this guy to do time and it looks like could be 3 months but the police convince her to ask for compensation ,so she thinks about it and settles on a figure of 150,000 baht ,this fool has no money ,thankfully his mate steps in and loans it to him otherwisw it is 3 months or more in the boob , he is lucky as friends of her wanted to exact there own justice on him but she stopped them and let the police handle it ,even though this fool did what he did she still has to go work as a driver to support her children ,my question is what right has this ****head got to even think of hitting a woman let alone one who he is trying to rip off .

Anyway so now instead of a 40 baht fare he owes his mate in the viscinity of 5000 dollars ,i would think he might pay to leave pattaya as word might get around of his exploits and even though lek has recieved compensation he may get a reminder on his next taxi ride what not to do.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Pity it was not compensation and time........

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    This hothead isn't going to last long if he carries on like that...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Perhaps he was too drunk to tell the difference between a taxi and a bhat bus?
    I still enjoy my trips to Pattaya, but I do more and more notice the real low life that you see there..

Cadet Gold
    It is a pity as lek is only trying to give her girls a good life ,i am sure if her husband was still alive he would have been doing the night shift but now she must do it ,in reality there is no excuse for hitting a woman no matter how drunk you are ,but on the other hand seeing some of the women here i can see why it might happen .As far as i know she said he has been in the town married to a thai lady for around 4 years but as you say he would be wanting to keep a low profile for a long time i think or move .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Let him get all he deserves...and we know what that will be. Possibly from an off duty policeman.

His wife and her family will have massive face loss as well, even though they have done nothing.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Does he live in a high rise condo?

Cadet Gold
    I have no idea where he lives but tg told me that lek was going to send some photos of what happened to her i will be hoping to see for myself but 7 stitches and bruising isnt good ,its just sad i to hope that he will be taught a lesson in manners .I feel sorrry for his wife and family if they lose face over this as it had nothing to do with them at all .

Some odd things happen to farangs in Thailand. The Police try, but they never seem to come up with any explanations as to why stuff happens. Amazing Thailand.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Taxi Mafia might be having a word or two with him!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    well in the cold hard light of day IMO she is far better off with 150K in her pocket than with him sitting in gaol with no payout...that's the way it works here....you pay a police bartered compensation to the victim and if accepted no court appearance....or you don't and face the courts

i hope she has a few mates who can give him a good "where the fck did that come from" swatting once it all dies down

^^^^^ agree Bacwaan.
    and with just 50kBt she can have him erased. No charges, no comeback.

That was what I found in LOS, just how cheap it is, very scary, especially if your an idiot.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Why would she? 150K is a years income..
    Anyone want to smash me in the face for a year's income.. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Why would she? 150K is a years income..
    Anyone want to smash me in the face for a year's income.. Welcome!
    RT,
    I can tell you, you don't want to be smashed in the face by someone, for any money.

I know, I worked 11 years as a bouncer in the worst places.

Smash someones face/skull in ?? every second night. Sometimes 3 times a night.??

Sorry, I know you were just being funny. just hit a nerve.

Sorry to open old wounds JC, not my intention..
    Worked bars while studying, and had some fists come my way...

Not funny, I agree.. But a years income..?
    I don't think I was joking...

Yea I agree, if you put into western numbers, here you would say $45k pa, and that's probably what a court may award in compensation, depending on amount of damages.

If it was just a punch in the face, it would be about half that or less.

No worries about old wounds, I have had my nose broken 9 times, I use to try and cover myself so if I got hit it was from the side it needed to be to straighten it up, didn't work 5555

Heard a similar story about 8 years ago when I was in Chiangmai. I met up with a bloke from Melbourne whose mate had been thrown into prison up there. His mate went nuts on the drink and up ended a tuk tuk injuring the driver (and the tuk tuk). The Police were asking for the equivalent of around$20k AUS.

I give up trying to work some people out.

Cadet Gold
    Hi all just a quick update i havent seen the photos yet but did speak to lek last night ,she has taken a couple of days of from driving while the bruising goes down ,she will have to keep working soon as one of her daughters will be going to school in bangkok so she must pay the rent on a unit for her and school fees ect ,in my own heart even though i have not met her i hope that this farang gets a taste of his own medicine ,all she wants to do is provide a good future for her girls bad karma to this farang!

His karma was bad to begin with.. Fighting over cap fare, hitting a woman.. Doesn't sound like a happy person.. Now his karma has set him back 150K bath, his unhappiness will seriously increase..
    But.. His karma is not for others to worry about, wishing him more bad will effect yourself..

As for your friend Lek, this money will do good for the education of her daughters and will easily pay for a few days not working..
    In a way, the abuse helped her in her supporting her children.. and if she can see it this way, helped her karma and that of her daughters..
    Doesn't make it hurt any less, but if she can picture herself getting out the better, it will help her deal with it..

Cadet Gold
    Well back again just to give you an update on lek the taxi driver ,i spoke to her last night on video chat she seems to be ok she has a scar above her left eye where this person split her open ,she thanks all here for there kind words as i told her about me posting it here .The bruising to her face has almost all gone but ths person did a good job on her thats for sure ,i didnt ask her to much about what has happened but it is good that she is ok ,pretty tough lot these thais.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast