Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 week budget,someone verify please.

Newby

3 week budget,someone verify please.

i,I'm planning a 3 week trip to Thailand with 3 friends,in August.The schedule would be:

Bangkok-3 nights

Phi Phi Don-2 nights

Ko Samui and Ko Phangan-rest of the nights + 1 night in Bangkok at return when I'll need to take the flight.

I have also made a list of expenses:

-3 meals X 60 Thb = 180 per day for food (I'll be eating street food)

-bungalow/room = 250 per day (I tried to make an average as I heard in Bkk you can find even with 150,but on the islands it's more expensive)

-2 1,5 water X 20 Thb = 40 per day

-Bangkok->Phuket + Phuket->Phi Phi by air+ferry combined through AirAsia = 1500 Thb

-Phi Phi Don->Krabi = 500

-Krabi->Ko Samui combined Samui Ferry | Simple Online Booking to Samui, Phangan and Tao Islands = 770 Thb

-Ko Samui->Bangkok = 1300

-2000 for renting a longtail boat for 1 day in Phi Phi so we can go to Phi Phi Ley-so 500 per person

So it would be around 15000 Bahts=505 $...+additional expenses like:scooters,clothes,taxes for visiting in Bkk,moving between ko samui ->ko phangan,also I've read sometimes you have to pay a tax to visit Phi Phi.

In the end,would 600-700 $ would be enough for 3 weeks?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I'd bring a credit card as back up ..

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Very tight holiday...: I would probably spend more than that a week... Geez I spent nearly 3000bht in one drinking sesh with a fellow board member 555
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

In a word ............ NO ........... I usually budget on 4000baht per day and that's after the hotels paid for. Also I don't drink ......

To be honest if you only have that much for your 3 week holiday maybe wait until next year .......
    All who wander are not lost

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Are you doing a backpacker type trip?
    Even so that is a very tight budget.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    I suppose if you don't do any night life stuff you might be alright. I'd avoid Patong if you and your friends are tight on money or Phuket for that matter. A tuk tuk ride at the end of the night would kill your budget pretty fast, 555
    Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 21st May 2013 at 00:26.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

1st post? Troll.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Very tight budget, obviously not interested in nightlife ...

Obviously not interested in anything......

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I was thinking if you came to LOS with a budget like this going and doing all the above......No chance, what happens if when hiring a bike you need medical treatment...What then even for minor stuff? ( Imagining with a budget like that there will be no travel insurance)
    Might need to budget for more water and a few supplies from chemists if you are relying on street food solely.
    Double it maybe but even then only a couple of 711 beers would fit into the budget.

150 baht for a room in Bangkok - yes, you could do that but if I have to ever sit within cooee of you on the bus the next day I will not be responsible for my actions....

Quote Originally Posted by MeMock View Post
    150 baht for a room in Bangkok - yes, you could do that but if I have to ever sit within cooee of you on the bus the next day I will not be responsible for my actions....
    150 a night is not going to be anywhere near Sukumvit ...I must admit that 400 to 500 bt was where i thought it started in BKK never thought about cheaper and have never stayed in 500 bt accom so I don't even know what that would be like?

Newby
    So for 3 weeks,BKK-Phi Phi-Ko Samui-Ko Phangan...I would need at least 1000$?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Yeah......I would postpone and save as noted above. We all love to travel and have the itch. But nothing worse than the build up to a great holiday, only to have to conserve at every corner. I take $5000 USD for 14-17 days in Phuket after hotel accommodation is paid. Save longer to enjoy more my friend. Let us know how it goes and what you end up spending in excess .

Quote Originally Posted by silverhand View Post
    So for 3 weeks,BKK-Phi Phi-Ko Samui-Ko Phangan...I would need at least 1000$?
    A fellow Romanian... welcome.

Budget for 5000 baht per day for an enjoyable fun-filled holiday... anything less will start to become a bit of an ordeal...

I'd say $2000 for 3 weeks... minimum... even with street food.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    A fellow Romanian... welcome.

Budget for 5000 baht per day for an enjoyable fun-filled holiday... anything less will start to become a bit of an ordeal...

I'd say $2000 for 3 weeks... minimum... even with street food.
    You could allow 500bt A night for accom and 3000 bt a day might get away with that.....73,500 bt minimum.
    I have lived quite well in Patts on 700bt a day and still drunk a lot but travelling is different and I did not have to do it and a was drinking at home.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    You could allow 500bt A night for accom and 3000 bt a day might get away with that.....73,500 bt minimum.
    I have lived quite well in Patts on 700bt a day and still drunk a lot but travelling is different and I did not have to do it and a was drinking at home.
    All depends if he and his 3 mates are wanting to party... (and partying in your room alone doesn't count... 555) it's alcohol in bars which usually blows the budget... and women sometimes too...555

When I lived in BKK... I wasn't spending much at all either... but then I was working. As soon as you have a few drinks... the budget is gone... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Drinking and ladies can blow up the budget, but anything alse that is fun too.. Tours, boat rides, transportation..

If you stay in a 250 bath room, that will be dorm or smelly back alley no arico room..
    So what will you do all day? Walk around Bangkok with no bath to spent?

In his budget there isn't even any money to go around.. Anyone ever tried a public bus from Suvarnabhumi to sukhumvit?
    Even visiting a temple is way out of his budget..

What's wrong with the Black Sea coast?

Black Sea isn't too bad...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Black Sea isn't too bad...
    Doable on a budget of 505$ for three weeks? 555

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast