Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok world's top tourist destination: survey

Bangkok world's top tourist destination: survey

Bangkok world's top tourist destination: survey | My Sinchew

The recent survey on 132 major tourist destinations worldwide, conducted by the Master Card Global Destination City Index, said the Thai capital ranks highest in foreign tourist arrivals at 15.98 million and total spending this year.

Foreign tourist arrivals grew by 9.8 per cent this year, retaining the Kingdom's spot on the world's top five tourist destination list.
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

The survey also found that Bangkok has been ranked the world's 4th top destination at which foreign tourists spent the most in tourism-related activities after New York, London and Paris.

I wonder if this includes P4P spend

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Come on, you know everyone goes for the Island's, Golf and the Temples !! Oh and the cheap knock off gear.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    The survey also found that Bangkok has been ranked the world's 4th top destination at which foreign tourists spent the most in tourism-related activities after New York, London and Paris.

I wonder if this includes P4P spend
    A 9% growth rate! I'd guess Chinese visitors make most of that growth. With increasingly deep pockets too. A 9% growth in p4p as well? Potentially, I suppose. Bkk is a big place. There may be a mini boom happening in ch. ch.. Chinatown as we falang sit drinking beer.2

Although I do recall a discussion of a few months back in which the idea of single chinese guys of the future exploring the cheap and exotic west as sex tourists and falling madly in love with gold digging buxom blonds and waxing lyrical about their feminine ways. The change may take a generation or two to happen though.

Anyone here ever checked out the scene on hainan island? probably not. The Chinese will no doubt have their own forums to discuss the p4p form there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Bangkok doesn't do much for me.

It is a couple years since I was there, and then it was a case of doing what I had to do, and clearing out. The longest of the last three or four visits was 35 hours. I wonder how many other arrivals clear out after a day or so?

Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    A 9% growth rate! I'd guess Chinese visitors make most of that growth. With increasingly deep pockets too. A 9% growth in p4p as well? Potentially, I suppose. Bkk is a big place. There may be a mini boom happening in ch. ch.. Chinatown as we falang sit drinking beer.2

Although I do recall a discussion of a few months back in which the idea of single chinese guys of the future exploring the cheap and exotic west as sex tourists and falling madly in love with gold digging buxom blonds and waxing lyrical about their feminine ways. The change may take a generation or two to happen though.

Anyone here ever checked out the scene on hainan island? probably not. The Chinese will no doubt have their own forums to discuss the p4p form there.

Tourism in Thailand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Bangkok doesn't do much for me.

It is a couple years since I was there, and then it was a case of doing what I had to do, and clearing out. The longest of the last three or four visits was 35 hours. I wonder how many other arrivals clear out after a day or so?
    I lived in bangkok 89-98 then prachuap khiri khan 99-00. The latter was a much better quality of life. The former was more interesting.

I currently spend 2 months per year in los - about 50% in bkk, 50% cruisin the provinces whichis a good mix for me at the moment.

Each to his own I guess.

X|0|0
    0|X|0

Wow! Chinese in'11 of 1.7m and in '12 of 2.7m. That is serious growth.

0.8m Aussies too! Surprising!

X|0|0
    0|X|0

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Haven`t stayed Bangkok in something like 4 years.

Really can`t stand the place but i guess it`s the gateway to LOS and many holidaymakers stay there along with some other destinations.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post

Really can`t stand the place but i guess it`s the gateway to LOS and many holidaymakers stay there along with some other destinations.
    First time around was unbelievable..il never forget it

I love Bangkok, so many hidden gems

This song is awesome too

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post

I'm sort of like you on that decision. Bangkok is just way too big for my taste. I pass through as quickly as I can. I've done all the touristy things: King's Palace, Wat Arun, Chatuchak market, zoo, Sex tourist areas, and the river market. I've also done the city tours that everyone should take at least once. But, once you've done that a few times there is much more of Thailand that I want to explore.

Because just about all foreign flights arrive in Bangkok it is only natural that it would become a major tourist destination. By contrast, if you were flying to North America there are hundreds of airport destinations with direct flights from wherever you are coming from. I can't get a direct flight from Canada to Chiang Mai or down south to one of the beach locations. I have to stop at Bangkok first.

I lived and worked in Bangkok for 3 months and really grew to like it. I love the rural areas as well... but Bangkok has a vibe... and I always spend a few days there every trip to LOS.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I haven't been to Bangkok for over ten years , will be staying there for four nights on my next trip , thought it was about time I gave it another look ..

Have been to LOS 5 times and have never really spent time in Bangkok, but will on this coming trip. Looking forward to some intense fun before relaxing in Chiang Mai and Samui for the rest of the trip. Have decided it is an experience I have just got to have.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I'll be based in BKK for the whole of my next trip in August, might actually see some of the tourist sites this time 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    I'll be based in BKK for the whole of my next trip in August, might actually see some of the tourist sites this time 555
    Take a day trip to Ayutthaya and back. You go up by bus and return by a cruise down the river while having lunch. Take the long tail boat to Wat Arun and a boat ride to see the King's barges (decorated boats). I enjoyed the zoo, but only because I'm interested in snakes and they have a large variety. The King's palace should be on everyone's list, but you have to wear long pants and shoes. I think they allow short sleeve shirts. The Chatuchak market is also worth seeing, and you can get there by the sky train.

I actually don't mind Bangkok but only for short stays, 4 to 5 nights max.

already done most of the tourist things around bangkok on my first trip, so second trip will do the floating river market and maybe the zoo, patpong and koh san road. but besides that i will be drinking myself silly and exploring the back streets of BKK 555
    $$$
    Last edited by josho; 27th June 2013 at 22:56.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    i absolutely love Bangkok
    get away from the tourist destinations of Suk and such and it is a great city. You don't even have to go that far away from Lower Suk to great neighborhoods
    the chain of streets behind Soi Cowboy has great little bars/restaurants
    Sathorn- i could live there tomorrow with nice tree lined streets

Entertainment- BKK has matured immensely from just 5 years ago.. Incredible restaurants, cool lounges

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    one of my favourite little known tourist gems in BKK.....well worth a visit

The Royal Barge Museum ? the legacy of kings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast