Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cleaning lady's (maids) in Los

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar

cleaning lady's (maids) in Los

Is there a reason why many of the expats do not employ cleaning lady's to do there housework...price of labour is cheap...do your thai wives/girlfriends prefer to do the work themselves and dont like the intrusion...my cleaning lady would be on about 20000baht a month.so not to bad by thai standards..i dont think i would be able to cope with out her(and its not what you think 555)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I have one in the UK , 3 hours a week , 10 per hour ( 470 Baht ) , cleans the house and does my ironing , I wouldn't want to do without her

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Names not Sadie by any chance 55555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    for 500 baht a month I have 2 ladies here come in twice a month (250 each time) to mop the floors, wipe out the bathroom and walls and change bed linen/towels etc..they are only here for about an hour each time....I sweep up a couple of times a day, change my bed linen/towels the weeks they are not here and cook/do dishes, tidy up etc...but this place is only about 52sqm...so it ain't a lot of work

I grew up in the times of multiple house servants and gardeners here in deepest darkest... Though my mom was not big on it and just had one person in the house to assist. And she did her own cooking, quite a rarity then...

But those days are long gone, I have a very old lady who has been coming to me twice a week for years.. I am afraid to ask just how old she is 555
    I personally do not need her twice a week, but my one brother who stays with me is untidiest person that I have ever met. Plus he pays for her.

I love cleaning...

There is nothing so satisfying as when you have finished cleaning the house...

When someone else does it... it's not quite the same... it's like watching someone else banging the missus...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I love cleaning...

There is nothing so satisfying as when you have finished cleaning the house...

When someone else does it... it's not quite the same... it's like watching someone else banging the missus...
    You would make someone a good wife 555555
    DP in an apron with a mop, dancing around the house to an ABBA soundtrack 5555

No way , nothing better than coming home from a day at work , to find your beds changed , house cleaned and all your clothes on hangers ready to go back in the wardrobe , time to open a beer ..

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    This belongs in the LB section 555

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    You want to see what I can do with rubber gloves Pete... I once spent 4 hours scrubbing the u-bend of our toilet... you could eat your dinner out of it by the time I had finished... 555

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    No way , nothing better than coming home from a day at work , to find your beds changed , house cleaned and all your clothes on hangers ready to go back in the wardrobe , time to open a beer ..
    I'd think I'd been robbed! ...5555

I always thought that running shoes were invented to help you get as far away from house and garden work as quickly as possible 555

^Cleaning is a great warm up (Nearly wrote foreplay... 555) for a run....

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    You want to see what I can do with rubber gloves Pete... I once spent 4 hours scrubbing the u-bend of our toilet... you could eat your dinner out of it by the time I had finished... 555
    Nice to know that you are good at polishing your pipe 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    At the hotel where I stay I never have room service. It's not worth what they charge. I do it all myself. For the 5 months I live in a one room apartment in a Thai hotel and eat out all the time it's hard to conceive why I would need a maid. Cleaning one room is a pretty simple project that takes less than half an hour and doesn't have to be done every day. A simple broom and dust pan cleans up the bit of dirt tracked in on shoes and a squeegie mop can dampen and wipe down the floor in a few minutes. Making beds is hardly a problem and I can easily carry my bedding to the laundry down the street once a week.

I don't have a cleaning lady for my great big home in Canada and I don't have a wife to do it either. I always cook big meals at home and seldom eat out, and I don't have a dishwasher. Doing dishes is easy. However, if I had a big house in Thailand and a children running around making a mess, then MAYBE I might need some help if a wife and I were both working.

I'm a little concerned that your toilet actually need four hours to get it clean ... Anything to do with the juice diet ??

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I'm a little concerned that your toilet actually need four hours to get it clean ... Anything to do with the juice diet ??
    It was from the previous owners when I first moved in... horrible stuff... I had to use a wire brush sponge... and still took ages...

I don't know why I like cleaning. I do like soapies too... maybe a connection...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    At the hotel where I stay I never have room service. It's not worth what they charge. I do it all myself. For the 5 months I live in a one room apartment in a Thai hotel and eat out all the time it's hard to conceive why I would need a maid. Cleaning one room is a pretty simple project that takes less than half an hour and doesn't have to be done every day. A simple broom and dust pan cleans up the bit of dirt tracked in on shoes and a squeegie mop can dampen and wipe down the floor in a few minutes. Making beds is hardly a problem and I can easily carry my bedding to the laundry down the street once a week.

I don't have a cleaning lady for my great big home in Canada and I don't have a wife to do it either. I always cook big meals at home and seldom eat out, and I don't have a dishwasher. Doing dishes is easy. However, if I had a big house in Thailand and a children running around making a mess, then MAYBE I might need some help if a wife and I were both working.
    I guess if I was hardly ever home... and I had a family... and no one else ever cleaned up... then maybe... just maybe I'd need a cleaner....

Joking aside. I can quite easily keep my place clean by myself (Okay I may need to get help in once or twice a month) But given the fact that there are so many people out of work. Spreading a little money around by offering some sort of employment is part of the cycle of life here.
    We live in a far more labour intensive environment here in Africa than people in the West do. And quite rightly so. And I would think that to a degree LOS is the same. It is not a lot of money to get someone in. If it goes towards helping them make ends meet then hopefully there is one less hungry mouth to feed.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I have a rather large house here and use a cleaner,300 baht and it takes her about 3 1/2 hours once every 1-2 weeks to go right over the place including washing and scrubbing the rather large outdoor area,taking the shower curtain out,fly screens out about every 3rd or 4th week and washed.

She`s very thorough and does some of my neighbors houses now as well after my recommendation.

All works well.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    I have a rather large house here and use a cleaner,300 baht and it takes her about 3 1/2 hours once every 1-2 weeks to go right over the place including washing and scrubbing the rather large outdoor area,taking the shower curtain out,fly screens out about every 3rd or 4th week and washed.

She`s very thorough and does some of my neighbors houses now as well after my recommendation.

All works well.
    That is fair for a whole house. 300 baht is what the hotel I stay at wants to clean my ONE room. It only takes a few minutes to make the bed and no more than 15 minutes to sweep, wash and dry the whole floor.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast