Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: It's raining!

It's raining!

Most of Thailand, especially Isaan's rice growing region, has finally received good rainfall to save crops.

Chiang Mai had similar heavy rain over the past 24hrs and some flash flooding occurred - pic taken near Immigration & Airport Central Plaza >

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    ^^^^

So the Wan Khao Phansa celebrations on Tuesday (Start of the Rainy Season Retreat) actually worked!

Songkhran worked for us down here in Phuket.

Rain - yes indeed
    Our local town area was .5 - .7m deep on Tuesday afternoon, but all drained away by Wednesday morning.

Lucky we live above the 'Bon Voyage' sign rather then below it

Chanthaburi city was a different matter - this video from Tuesday 23rd

Yesterday I wanted to go to Immigration . . . tried main higway, open to trucks and 4WDs only; Plan B secondary highway, while i was looking at the water to gauge depth, policeman came up and said at deepest would be near my motorbike handlebars, 1m. Plan C, back-tracked 8km, over some hills, got near the city and 'no-go'
    but not to be defeated - and the sun was shining by now in patches and no rain, bike shorts/t-shirt, put a good shirt/shorts, passport etc into a waterproof dive bag and headed off on the cycle.
    Headed for Plan B the Tak Sin Road and water had dropped, bloody hard pedal though at times water level was up to the top of my forks, and the waves created by trucks made it . . . difficult. Only wiped-out once by a small tsunami. Got to the city itself and mostly .3 - .5m but was able to ride on footpath in places that was only just under water.
    Immigration was dry, and no surprise not very busy. Returned via route C which I found was the best option.

Saw lots of 'won't start' 4WD vehicles that expired in the water. Road kill as I pedal past!

I deserved a beer after that, and had two.
    Last edited by Hatari; 25th July 2013 at 14:04.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    The big rains started in May up in the in far NE corner of LOS....i think theyve had enough of it by now.
    I know a little toddler who wishes the "fn tuk yoot loew" 555
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 25th July 2013 at 14:01.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Most of Thailand, especially Isaan's rice growing region, has finally received good rainfall to save crops.

Chiang Mai had similar heavy rain over the past 24hrs and some flash flooding occurred - pic taken near Immigration & Airport Central Plaza >

Do they use underground petrol tanks??

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Do they use underground petrol tanks??
    Yes, lol ... I won't be filling up at the airport PTT.

Had a bad tankful years ago in QLD after local floods and insurance paid out on repairs.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!