Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Bangkok - The most visited city in the world...

Bangkok - The most visited city in the world...

Bangkok - The most visited city in the world...

and France the most visited country ahead of even the USA.

For many people the holiday season has arrived. Where do those travelling abroad go? UN figures suggest that France had more foreign visitors than any other country in 2012, while the most visited capital city is now, according to one study, Bangkok.

A recent study by the United Nations World Tourism Organization revealed that 83 million people visited La Belle France last year, even more than its population of 66 million.

When it comes to the most-visited capital in the world Bangkok comes out on top, according to estimates from Mastercard. The Thai capital is currently attracting 15.98 million visitors a year, narrowly ahead of London.

In 2012 it was the other way round, but Bangkok's visitor numbers have been rising rapidly - largely thanks to Chinese tourists, it seems.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand attributes the rise in popularity to the film Lost in Thailand, which overtook Avatar last year to become China's highest grossing film. A follow-up to 2010's Lost on Journey, the film follows the trials and tribulations of two competing businessmen as they travel across the country.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

53 million passengers in Suvarnabhumi Airport for 2012. Even though they ranked 14th, you would have to think a lot more people are staying in country as opposed to Heathrow (3rd), where people are moving through to Ireland, Wales....2 people to Scotland and into the EU.
    When someone is impatient and says,
    'I haven't got all day,'
    I always wonder, How can that be?
    How can you not have all day?

George Carlin

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Funny, at peak season Bangkok has half the population of New Zealand in tourists 5555
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    For me one I most loved living in.