Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Thai Health Insurance? (for Thais)

Thai Health Insurance? (for Thais)

Hey,

Finding it hard to google information (always talks about Expat insurance), so wondering if anyone knows about any health insurance policies for Thais?

Just curious on the prices for basic coverage (in-patient).

Thanks.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Try BUPA - private health insurance for Thais as well as expats.

Sounds like a serious relationship brewing ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Hey,

Finding it hard to google information (always talks about Expat insurance), so wondering if anyone knows about any health insurance policies for Thais?

Just curious on the prices for basic coverage (in-patient).

Thanks.
    BUPA is the best but really AIG insurance is a bit cheaper and is very good too
    my wife had BUPA Platinum which was about 25k baht/yr some years ago, my stepson has AIG now and it is 15k/yr for a 12yr old

if it is for a girl, just have her ask around. Thailand is like the old days where the neighborhoods have insurance reps that come around
    so more than likely there is a rep for her neighborhood that someone will know that can stop by their place and discuss with them

Not too bad - B1000/month for average cover (including some out-patient and personal accident). Would definitely give me some peace of mind.

It's actually for a friend (ex-GF.. long story), but she is struggling with costs and it'd be nice to do this for her so she doesn't have to worry about things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Not too bad - B1000/month for average cover (including some out-patient and personal accident). Would definitely give me some peace of mind.

It's actually for a friend (ex-GF.. long story), but she is struggling with costs and it'd be nice to do this for her so she doesn't have to worry about things like that.
    but she could easily get the 20baht coverage also and i have seen plenty good care with people using that coverage
    the only thing with that is that she has to be on the house book in the province she is living or she can't use the hospitals( really stupid if you ask me)

but 12-15k is not a huge outlay and it is a nice gesture but you also have to remember that it might be a bit of a letdown when that stops
    you go from having the luxury of insurance to not having it the next year

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    There`s a few Thai health insurance companies that might be cheaper and easier to navigate for her.

Try this mob for a quote.

AA Insurance Brokers Contact Us
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

All the majors will have health/accident options - AIA, AXA, Virayah, Muang Thai

can only say from my/our exp, Muang Thai worth considering
    Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Company, Ltd., is among the top five insurance companies in Thailand and is the country's leading national underwriter of group life and health insurance plans.
    Ms Hatari's current employer has its staff/group insurance plan through MT costs her about 400b a month employer subsidises part cost; medical. accident, death by accident cover. There are accident etc policies available through Kasikorn Bank which are underwritten by MT - I claimed after an accident earlier this year and a very simple process, refunded my costs and direct credit to my account.

Ms H has about 8yrs exp working in commercial/company insurance (never health, so just based on her judgment), was previously with Virayah and she says the current MT insurance is a better plan than V offered for more serious/major medical cover. Some offer cover for 'everything' but have ridiculously small upper limits, as always you get what you pay for.

Check what they cover - consider, such as:

• Medical
    • Hospital and Surgical
    • Major Medical
    • Outpatient Benefits
    • Dental Care Benefits
    • Maternity
    • Disability
    • Total and Permanent Disability (Accident or Sickness)
    • Accidental Death and Dismemberment

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    BUPA is the best but really AIG insurance is a bit cheaper and is very good too
    my wife had BUPA Platinum which was about 25k baht/yr some years ago, my stepson has AIG now and it is 15k/yr for a 12yr old

if it is for a girl, just have her ask around. Thailand is like the old days where the neighborhoods have insurance reps that come around
    so more than likely there is a rep for her neighborhood that someone will know that can stop by their place and discuss with them

and sorry i meat AIA not AIG that my stepson has
    Hatari mentioned AIA and made me realize that is what i meant

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    All the majors will have health/accident options - AIA, AXA, Virayah, Muang Thai

can only say from my/our exp, Muang Thai worth considering

Ms Hatari's current employer has its staff/group insurance plan through MT costs her about 400b a month employer subsidises part cost; medical. accident, death by accident cover. There are accident etc policies available through Kasikorn Bank which are underwritten by MT - I claimed after an accident earlier this year and a very simple process, refunded my costs and direct credit to my account.

Ms H has about 8yrs exp working in commercial/company insurance (never health, so just based on her judgment), was previously with Virayah and she says the current MT insurance is a better plan than V offered for more serious/major medical cover. Some offer cover for 'everything' but have ridiculously small upper limits, as always you get what you pay for.

Check what they cover - consider, such as:

• Medical
    • Hospital and Surgical
    • Major Medical
    • Outpatient Benefits
    • Dental Care Benefits
    • Maternity
    • Disability
    • Total and Permanent Disability (Accident or Sickness)
    • Accidental Death and Dismemberment

First - check the Exclusions ...

hey
    what is that insurance plan that Nubbins and Pinot have through Bupa that covers major needs?
    and how much does it cover

my wife switching the insurance for her mom and since she had access to 30baht program i think the catastrophic insurance may be enough with that
    thanks

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    hey
    what is that insurance plan that Nubbins and Pinot have through Bupa that covers major needs?
    and how much does it cover

my wife switching the insurance for her mom and since she had access to 30baht program i think the catastrophic insurance may be enough with that
    thanks
    ^^
    It's a basic BUPA policy and only covers inpatient illness and injury expenses. Accidents are covered from day one but illness cover starts after 30 days. A list of about 10 serious illnesses (including cancer) are excluded for the first 6 months. There is a death benefit of 200K and J nominated her daughter as beneficiary.

The premium is on a sliding scale according to age. J is older than Pinot's Mrs so her premium is higher - 7,400 baht for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubbins View Post
    ^^
    It's a basic BUPA policy and only covers inpatient illness and injury expenses. Accidents are covered from day one but illness cover starts after 30 days. A list of about 10 serious illnesses (including cancer) are excluded for the first 6 months. There is a death benefit of 200K and J nominated her daughter as beneficiary.

The premium is on a sliding scale according to age. J is older than Pinot's Mrs so her premium is higher - 7,400 baht for the year.
    so you are looking at about 600baht/mo
    my wife was looking to get health(that seemed to cover almost nothing) and life insurance with 200k payout for 1k/mo

is their any sort of cap limit on the accidents/illness?

thanks for your help

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    My question would be do any of these companies have billing set up online. Living out of a bag the way I do it is important. All of my bills I can pay online.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ i pay Bupa in BKK via a EFT.

claims can be made by email.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    so you are looking at about 600baht/mo
    my wife was looking to get health(that seemed to cover almost nothing) and life insurance with 200k payout for 1k/mo

is their any sort of cap limit on the accidents/illness?

thanks for your help
    Oops, I just checked. Death benefit is only 20K. 300K cap on inpatient benefit per incident. Surgical fees capped to 22K per incident. Some other caps too.