Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Thailand's Most Wanted Hitmen

Thailand's Most Wanted Hitmen

I've seen these posters at local police stations/booths.
    This bloke admits to 70+ killings, and he only rated as number nine.
    Hope they don't let him out on bail.

Meanwhile, further down the list, number 11 celebrates - 'Finally, I made the Top Ten!'

I am Number Nine

[SIZE="4"]Suspected hitman on wanted list arrested [/SIZE]
    Published: 18 Oct 2013

A professional hitman on the police's most wanted list was arrested yesterday in Khon Kaen province after seven years on the run. Jom Imkaew, 63, from Chiang Mai's Chai Prakan district, ranked ninth on the police's list of 75 most wanted hitmen.

Police had put a 100,000-baht bounty on his head. He allegedly confessed to his crimes. Police said he told them he had been responsible for at least 70 murders in the North from when he was aged between 21 and 50, with his victims mostly thugs and drug traffickers. Mr Jom's record showed he was arrested in 1980 for the murder of a village head in Chiang Mai's Fang district. He was given the death sentence, but received a royal pardon and was released from jail in 1992.

Two years later, he returned to jail in a weapons case and was released in March 2006. Shortly afterwards, Mr Jom and another male suspect identified only as San were allegedly involved in the killing of a couple at a noodle shop in Chiang Mai province's Chiang Dao district. After that, he fled to work as a hired hand in tambon Tha Phra in Muang district of Khon Kaen.

The suspect admitted the charges against him and said he was willing to face punishment.

Police said Mr Jom also confirmed he was the hitman on the list, and since he had confessed to all charges, he would be handed over to Chiang Dao police station in Chiang Mai for further action.

fascinating system of hierarchy among hired killers, police rate them into 4 levels

The Crime Suppression Division (CSD) divides the hitmen based on experience in killing, their life patterns and bio-information, deputy CSD commander Pol Col Akkaradet Phimonsri said.

Under the CSD’s four categories, hitman level 1 refers to those who are professional gunmen, no matter whether they are wanted under arrest warrants or not.

Convicted hitmen who have been released from jail are included in this group.

The level 2 hitmen are newcomers.

The CSD believes this group is the most dangerous because they are not shy to take orders to kill anyone to add their “successes” to their profiles and hope to eventually be upgraded to the first group.

Suspects in level 3 are those who come under the umbrella of influential figures or mafia.

Most of them have not been the subject of arrest warrants.

The level 4 of criminal suspects are those who are not hitmen by career but have murdered people during conflicts.

Still, about 30% of the suspects in the fourth level tend to have contacts with people in the third group.
    Phuket News 22 July 2013

What a nice Buddhist. I bet he'll be reincarnated as a blobfish

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    That's a big assumption - where does it say he was Buddhist.?
    Many Thais are agnostic.

^
    I think it would be fair to say that nearly 90% of Thailand's population is Buddhist.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Fascinating...they have classes of hit men in Thailand, some sort of pecking order....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    ^
    I think it would be fair to say that nearly 90% of Thailand's population is Buddhist.
    Practising?

Or occasionally attending the local Wat to "get lucky" or absolve their sins?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Is it a crime if you only shoot other bad guys? If that is the case then all those Hollywood actors who play acting parts where they shoot untold numbers of "badguys" are actually criminals themselvers. We could include the police in those cases as well. it's been my experience that some people are better off being dead... at least for the rest of us.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Is it a crime if you only shoot other bad guys? If that is the case then all those Hollywood actors who play acting parts where they shoot untold numbers of "badguys" are actually criminals themselvers. We could include the police in those cases as well. it's been my experience that some people are better off being dead... at least for the rest of us.
    So true!
    But who gets to decide on who is beter of alive and who is better of being death?

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    So true!
    But who gets to decide on who is beter of alive and who is better of being death?
    The guy doing the shooting?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    The guy doing the shooting?
    Sure you are not American? 555