Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Opening a Thai Bank Acct Post 'To End All Other' Opening a Thai Bank Acct Posts..

The Opening a Thai Bank Acct Post 'To End All Other' Opening a Thai Bank Acct Posts..

DO NOT GO TO K BANK to get turned the f*** down everytime...idgaf what other farangs say on their bs yahoo answers / other boards...

A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    They wouldn't take your piggy bank full of nickels?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    They wouldn't take your piggy bank full of nickels?
    Just trying to help others as I have no acess to any of my money right now because my paypal blew up with policy bs...

Now I have to make a new paypal account from this country with a new address and a bank account stemming from this country.

At the moment my paypal debit card is worthless and paypals my main source of income and I don't have any $ for my bills so I am pretty much f***ed until I get this new account going to bangkok bank...just trying to help others avoid this mess.

Kasikorn Bank offers a superior service to BKKB, IMO, I hold a/c's with both. If you've gone about opening an a/c the wrong way and/or spoken to the wrong Bank employee it's not good to rubbish other persons positive experiences. Sometimes a non-fluent English speaker will misinterpret your request or the banking rules and simply say "no, cannot do" as an easy way out.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Looks good to me sup as I want to have a Thai account for when I visit, carrying 4 or 5 large around gets a bit much. Hotel in-room safes don't instil that much confidence in me. Have been told at K bank that I needed a three month Visa so I gave up last time. Will try again when in Patong.

I do not require the IMTF facility as the exchange rate from the banks in Oz is ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    Just trying to help others as I have no acess to any of my money right now because my paypal blew up with policy bs...

Now I have to make a new paypal account from this country with a new address and a bank account stemming from this country.

At the moment my paypal debit card is worthless and paypals my main source of income and I don't have any $ for my bills so I am pretty much f***ed until I get this new account going to bangkok bank...just trying to help others avoid this mess.
    You don't have a bank account in america?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    There`s people who swear they got a K Bank account with a 30 day stamp...why you Sup?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    Looks good to me sup as I want to have a Thai account for when I visit, carrying 4 or 5 large around gets a bit much. Hotel in-room safes don't instil that much confidence in me. Have been told at K bank that I needed a three month Visa so I gave up last time. Will try again when in Patong.

I do not require the IMTF facility as the exchange rate from the banks in Oz is ordinary

Ted - you transfer AUD (you have to select it) then you get the Thai onshore rate which is much higher (up to a couple of baht) than the OZ bank baht rate.
    Definitely get internet banking.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    There`s people who swear they got a K Bank account with a 30 day stamp...why you Sup?
    Tude perhaps ?

Did he call the teller Bra?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    Yep I did.....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    I got a Kasikorn bank account from Jung Ceylon branch on a 30 day stamp. They weren't even interested in what sort of visa or entry stamp I had. They copied my passport photo page and they wanted a Thailand postal address. It was 500 baht to set it up on the spot - issued with a Visa debit ATM card and a passbook. The rather tidy young bank clerk even walked out to the ATM with me to set up the PIN.

I also helped a German mate set one up at the same branch - he was on a 30 day stamp too. He arrived with new cards from his bank in Germany which didn't work in the ATMs here. After we set up the Kasikorn account, he called his German bank for an emergency transfer of Euros and he was sorted within hours.

What happened to your "O" visa SupBro?

The fact of the matter is banks should have cut and clear policies. K bank seems to give different impressions upon each and every visiting farang. Thats not how I do my business. I like things in stone or writing, such as on the Bangkok Bank website. I went in today with a print out of what I posted on here no questions asked. K bank...not so much.
    poseidon likes this.

^Are you sure you read forums sup?

Surely you know not only is every bank different, but every branch is different and every person working in the branch is different... and depending on the day each person can be different to how they were the day before...

Its up to you to adapt to your environment... not the other way around...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^Are you sure you read forums sup?

Surely you know not only is every bank different, but every branch is different and every person working in the branch is different... and depending on the day each person can be different to how they were the day before...

Its up to you to adapt to your environment... not the other way around...
    If you walk in with a www.bangkokbank.com printed page with the words "all you need is a passport/ ID" wtf could they possibly possibly say on any given branch/day/employee of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by Nubbins View Post
    I got a Kasikorn bank account from Jung Ceylon branch on a 30 day stamp. ...
    where is jung ceylon?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    where is jung ceylon?
    It's in the middle of Patong Phuket - on Rat U Thit road near the Eastern end of Bangla Road.

Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    DO NOT GO TO K BANK to get turned the f*** down everytime...idgaf what other farangs say on their bs yahoo answers / other boards...

in my experience, many office staff in Thailand bend the rules to fit their prejudice which itself is based on appearance, manner and their estimate of your status / connections.

So I ask you how were you dressed? What was your tone during enquiries? Was it respectful? What were you wearing? were they clean and ironed clothes ? Were you cleanly showered and shaved and have a tidy haircut? Did you have nose lip or tongue jewelley, tats? and or are you of Indian racial origin ?

I find doors open and shut based on appearence

X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    in my experience, many office staff in Thailand bend the rules to fit their prejudice which itself is based on appearance, manner and their estimate of your status / connections.

So I ask you how were you dressed? What was your tone during enquiries? Was it respectful? What were you wearing? were they clean and ironed clothes ? Were you cleanly showered and shaved and have a tidy haircut? Did you have nose lip or tongue jewelley, tats? and or are you of Indian racial origin ?

I find doors open and shut based on appearence

I dont give a f*** about any of that cultural/class clean cut bs and neither do the thai people in patong none of that stuff matters here since its a cesspool of tourists...but to answer your question...I went in as a white attractive guy shaggy hair with a fitted hat, huge side deltoids and traps in a singlett with a friendly attitude.
    poseidon likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast