Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Request for $$$ How would you reply

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Request for $$$ How would you reply

Got this message earlier today. Now I am sure a lot of us have had these and it's not my first.

So how do or did you reply????

.. Can you help me. Can I borrow money to pay my room rent. the end of the month I get my salary. I did not ask. I borrowed. I will return after I received my salary. because i send my money out to pay for my daughter's school. I am sure if you do not mind. Im sorry if this bothers you

My reply was.

I'm sorry I don't have if I did no problem. My X wife has blocked me from all our bank accounts and I cannot take money from account. Now I living with my parents.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    what is wrong with your reply?

she asked, you didn't have it, no harm , no foul

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    what is wrong with your reply?

she asked, you didn't have it, no harm , no foul
    No problem have used same reply a few times.

Just wondering what others have done.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    Yes, I get this request often. My reply:

Dear Mom,

Get a fecking job! for Christ sakes....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    No problem have used same reply a few times.

Just wondering what others have done.
    The same as you did.. But with a different excuse.
    Mine would be the falling Rand......

Cadet Gold
    I've never got a request for money. I feel left out now

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I get that request frequently. It depends on what I'm getting out of the arrangement. I sent a girl friend a 1000 baht yesterday for bus fare. She is coming to visit me tonight. It's 7 hours on the bus to her home. I never lend money because I know it will never be returned. But, I will happily GIVE certain people what I can afford.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    A money request being appropriate or not does depends on the relationship..

I get plenty of money demands from my ex, requests from my children, etc.
    I have helped out friends, and have been helped out by friends..

If this request came from your girlfriend, you would not have posted it..
    And if just a lady who you had a business deal with in the past.. Hey, she would not have had your contact details to ask..

The confusion starts when the relationship is somewhere in the grey zone..
    And there are many shades..555

There sure are lots of shades of grey, Rak. Grey and brown are essentially the same thing. They are a muddy mixture of all the hues, but brown has more red in the mixture and grey has more blue. It's kind of the same with relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDK View Post
    Your tactic of getting the girls to pay your bar bill is paying off... 555

I would never reply to the OP's message. Treat it as spam... anyone I am interested in would not send such a request... and if they did, they'd be spam. Easy
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Depends if they are a friend or not. I wouldn't be responding to a message request like that if it was sent by SMS. If it was in person and they've done me a good turn (like shared food, bought food or drinks for me without taking my money for it) then yeah, I'd likely help out (maybe not the full amount but I'd pitch in).
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    A money request being appropriate or not does depends on the relationship..

I get plenty of money demands from my ex, requests from my children, etc.
    I have helped out friends, and have been helped out by friends..

If this request came from your girlfriend, you would not have posted it..
    And if just a lady who you had a business deal with in the past.. Hey, she would not have had your contact details to ask..

The confusion starts when the relationship is somewhere in the grey zone..
    And there are many shades..555
    This is a wise balanced post. I had no problem today giving to a relief fund for the Philippines that I thought would be managed well.

The grey area for me one of my best mates(a relationship). Successful but has a gambling issue. He would and has done absolutely any for me. A relationship and a bond that is stronger than any of my family. That is hard when to know when to help or not. Not so different for some Thai families.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I think it all comes back to what relationship you are in and how well you know the person.

I did have the same request once, for the same thing, school fees for the 2 children. It was made by phone, not SMS and was for 2kbt it was not asked for as a loan but as a gift to help with the kids.

She had never asked me for any money before, had looked after my spending while I was with her for the better part of 6 weeks, then lived with me here for 2 months and as I had met the kids I did agree to send it, I asked if she needed some for herself and she said no she was being looked after with food from family. It was just the school would not take the babies unless paid upfront.

I think it was genuine, will never really know but $70 wasn't going to break me and I never had any other request's for money. I did send some later both to her and her mother for Xmas and got admonished by her, in a nice way, and just wanted me to save to come to see her again.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDK View Post
    You always drive such hard bargains with ST and LT prices, they probably figure you don't have any to spare. 5555
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Compared to the BS spam requests for money from Nigeria we get every day! this appears almost genuine.
    It really is simple. If this girl means something to you either in the past or future and it's only a small amount you can probably pay it forward without even breaking stride. No need for heavy excuses why not, unless the request is excessive.
    Sometimes, some things are worth more, and are more memorable than the short time price you might have paid on the day.

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    You always drive such hard bargains with ST and LT prices, they probably figure you don't have any to spare. 5555
    555 all the money grubber TGs have been scared off already

Maybe I should ask them for money?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    There sure are lots of shades of grey, Rak. Grey and brown are essentially the same thing. They are a muddy mixture of all the hues, but brown has more red in the mixture and grey has more blue. It's kind of the same with relationships.
    I like your analogy, Ian. I also experience that blurring of judgement/emotion

I was playing around with a demo version of the newly released Microhard surface 2 'ipad'
    It has this paint app which lets you finger paint and when you choose a new colour and paint through a recently painted fingering of a different colour, streaks of the earlier colour are mixed in. Then if you twirl around and around, the two colours get thoroughly mixed and a new colour is created.but if you wait for the first colour to dry no mixing occurs. . just like a real painter's palette.. a little like relationships: -)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

The never ending cycle of asking for money. Ask once and receive a reply, they will ask again. I recently lent a friend of mine $1000 USD (don't worry about what for) with her promising to pay back within 6 months. Guess what, next month, she asked to borrow another $1500 USD which I politely declined until the original is paid back. Once you lend money, they will usually ask for more later on. My lending days are done until the outstanding loans have been repaid. Man, the damage I could do on Bangla with $1000 USD.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvinpatong View Post
    The never ending cycle of asking for money. Ask once and receive a reply, they will ask again. I recently lent a friend of mine $1000 USD (don't worry about what for) with her promising to pay back within 6 months. Guess what, next month, she asked to borrow another $1500 USD which I politely declined until the original is paid back. Once you lend money, they will usually ask for more later on. My lending days are done until the outstanding loans have been repaid. Man, the damage I could do on Bangla with $1000 USD.
    but it is all about the person and what they show you?
    even if that friend paid back the 1k, i'd be very leery of letting her borrow anymore because she asked for more

i've lent money to my wife's friends
    both paid me back way late and only because my wife really got on them, so the won't ever be able to borrow from me again
    her brother borrowed 20k for his wedding, with a promise to pay back 10k in 2 months, and 10k at another time
    he promptly paid me the 1st 10k, and i told him to keep the 2nd 10k as a wedding gift

funny enough, the only girl to ever ask me for money was a "good girl" that was in university
    never had a bg ask me, but i also never kept in touch with any but one

I GIVE. I don't lend. I just had an old girl friend ride 7 hours in a bus to be with me for a couple of nights for 5000 baht. I could have 5 girls for the same amount, but I would rather give it to Ning.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast