Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Dentistry in bkk

Dentistry in bkk

I need to have some dental implants.. expensive procedue in oz but bkk dentists have a good reputation and are about 25% of price of australian dentists.

Anyone have experience or knowledge of quality dentists in bkk that they could recommend for major dentil work

Searching the web brings up so many, it prompts me to do a little research first

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Couple of dentists threads for you...

Dental Recommendations?

Dentist Bangkok ?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    everyone usually goes to Bangkok Smile
    and they get high remarks
    my wife has been to them
    she says she now goes to a dentist in her Thai area with the same level of service that is much cheaper
    i can try and find out where and if they speak English

Last time I was in BKK I visited Dr Dentist. Luckily it turned out to be only a sensitive tooth. 555

Sukhumvit Soi 24 - it's about a 7min walk from BTS Phrom Phrong just past the Marriot apartments.
    Last edited by Mate; 3rd February 2014 at 12:28. Reason: WTF

Cadet
    Ive been twice to 2 different dentists both were excellent and inexpensive first in Siam square the second 12 months ago i think 3rd or 4th floor of the City Bank building At Asoke cant miss it from Asoke BTS looking towards On Nut, dont know the name ex who worked in the building put me on to them.

I ended up going to www.thantakit.com on petchburi road near phrong phong intersection.

I had two front bottom teeth missing because of gum disease. The bone beneath the gum at that location had receded too far to safely place the platinum pins that are base of dental implants. The dentist advised me that the two teeth either side were also not strong because of gum disease but still had good bone depth below the gum.

Those two teeth were removed. Two platinum pins were inserted and 5 days later, a tempory bridge of 4 teeth were connected to the bridge. I have to wait 5 montjs for the bone to grow aroung the pins, after which time a permanent porcelain bridge of four teeth will be inserted.

All up it will cost 190,000 baht.

Yesterday I showed the job to my australian dentist who said ot would have cost 10k in oz..but i suspect it would br more (the same dentist daid 6 months ago that it would cost $15k.

Apparently, there are 2 ways to fasten the porcelain teeth to the pin. First by screwing and second by gluing. The former is better if something is needed to be done at a later date .

The only downside is it requires a special mid-year trip to bkk..;-)

My oz doctor advised me to obtain the make of the dental implants so that if any work is needed to be done they will know how an FCC where to work on them.

Last edited by BangkokSteve; 6th February 2014 at 04:36.
    X|0|0
    0|X|0

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    The only downside is it requires a special mid-year trip to bkk..;-)

Oh Steve I feel so sorry for you 555.

When in BKK I use Bangpakok 1 Hospital, if needed, so far in a few trips I have had an X-Ray on a wearing knee from footy days, and got a cracked filling replaced. Very clean, efficient Hospital I would recommend, at very very reasonable prices.

X-Ray/Consultation/Medication - cost all up 1400b
    Replace Cracked Filling - cost 1100b
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Dental implants, standard rate in bkk 50k per pin, its abit diff to a filling.

I han an amalgum filling in sysdney done 2 days ago $200

X|0|0
    0|X|0

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    Dental implants, standard rate in bkk 50k per pin, its abit diff to a filling.

I han an amalgum filling in sysdney done 2 days ago $200

Yep it would be, was not comparing price of work.

Sysdney is that anywhere near where that bloke said where the Olympics were going to be held way back 555
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese