Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: 27 wounded as 3 blasts hit Songkhla tourist area

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

27 wounded as 3 blasts hit Songkhla tourist area

27 wounded as 3 blasts hit Songkhla tourist area | Bangkok Post: news

Authorities are on high alert after 27 people were injured in an explosion in downtown Sadao district of Songkhla on Sunday.

Security has also been tightened in Phuket after a vehicle stolen from the far South was found parked behind a police station in the resort province, with explosives planted inside.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    The popular Paragon entertainment complex caught fire, burning nine vehicles parked in the area.

About two hours earlier, a bomb disposal unit defused devices found in front of a McDonald's restaurant and outside the Lotus Express store in the tambon. Later in the afternoon, a motorcycle bomb went...

Bit of a worry if they`re targeting P4P and tourist areas and moving into Phuket.

Hopefully it will get nipped in the bud with some arrests.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    The popular Paragon entertainment complex caught fire, burning nine vehicles parked in the area.

About two hours earlier, a bomb disposal unit defused devices found in front of a McDonald's restaurant and outside the Lotus Express store in the tambon. Later in the afternoon, a motorcycle bomb went...

Bit of a worry if they`re targeting P4P and tourist areas and moving into Phuket.

Hopefully it will get nipped in the bud with some arrests.
    this won't be a popular post but something that has always been in the back of my mind and God/Buddha forbid i hope it never happens
    i am very surprised they've never went after any of these bigger tourist area
    it just seems they are easy targets(but maybe they are not) and would get more attention than the secluded south
    but maybe they are actually somewhat smart and realize that would look like the utmost senseless action given those areas have nothing at all to do with their "struggle"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    But if tactics seem not to be working they might change...But I hope not.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    this won't be a popular post but something that has always been in the back of my mind and God/Buddha forbid i hope it never happens
    i am very surprised they've never went after any of these bigger tourist area
    it just seems they are easy targets(but maybe they are not) and would get more attention than the secluded south
    but maybe they are actually somewhat smart and realize that would look like the utmost senseless action given those areas have nothing at all to do with their "struggle"
    Something that ran through my mind NYE 2006 sat at the MTB and news of bombs going off around BKK and how easy it would be to do around Bangla-Rat Uthit-Beach road if they wanted to.

There were some there that decided to check bin and head for the hotel just in case....being in a strange Asian country that has a reputation for senseless violence and political turmoil, only months after the coup in BKK and a few years after the Bali bombings,so still fresh in peoples minds.

I stayed but was a little on edge being fairly new to the place.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 23rd December 2013 at 11:11.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    Phuketwan has a slightly different angle to the story not mentioning if the vehicle contained explosives or not.

Suspicious Phuket Pickup Parked in Quarry

PHUKET: A pickup was parked safely in a quarry yesterday on Phuket after being found to contain two suspicious gas bottles. The Nonthaburi-registered vehicle, which was left in a car park at Phuket City Police Station on December 20, attracted the attention of officers yesterday then was carted to the quarry by a crane. A disposals expert is due on Phuket today to assess whether the vehicle ever posed a genuine threat.
    Little bit worrying that the pickup was parked in the Police Station carpark for 2 days before anyone noticed it 555

Suspicious Phuket Pickup Parked in Quarry - Phuket Wan
    Last edited by Soupdragon; 23rd December 2013 at 11:51.