Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Wtf????

  1. #1
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,933

  2. #2
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nakhon Ratchasima
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,756
    A very considerate one, by the looks of it. Jan 13th plus 20 days, might make Bangkok a very interesting place to visit.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

  3. #3
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    To me I don't give a damn who governs Thailand in fact I'm on the view that my opinion is worth didly squat much the same as a kiwi having a whinge about Aussie politics and doesn't bother to get citizenship.
    Thais have to start respecting a democratic political SYSTEM.... some would say that the current situation is true democracy, the people want change so they get up on mass and make change.... yes that could be considered democracy but if your a supporter of the current government (that was democratically elected) you could call this anarchy.
    Whats it been 3 governments in as many decades actually elected into power.... like I said Thais need to respect their political system, make your vote count and let the winning party serve it's term and if you don't think they lived up to their promises vote them out... thats Democracy!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,142
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    To me I don't give a damn who governs Thailand in fact I'm on the view that my opinion is worth didly squat much the same as a kiwi having a whinge about Aussie politics and doesn't bother to get citizenship.
    Thais have to start respecting a democratic political SYSTEM.... some would say that the current situation is true democracy, the people want change so they get up on mass and make change.... yes that could be considered democracy but if your a supporter of the current government (that was democratically elected) you could call this anarchy.
    Whats it been 3 governments in as many decades actually elected into power.... like I said Thais need to respect their political system, make your vote count and let the winning party serve it's term and if you don't think they lived up to their promises vote them out... thats Democracy!
    none of that really applies when you have an elite one that really is the ultimate power even though they are not supposed to
    and pulling major strings behind the scenes
    there is only one party that counts, although legally it is not supposed to, and that party is not on any ballot

  5. #5
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    none of that really applies when you have an elite one that really is the ultimate power even though they are not supposed to
    and pulling major strings behind the scenes
    there is only one party that counts, although legally it is not supposed to, and that party is not on any ballot
    But this is my point.... Thais need to have trust... not so much in the Government but the political system.
    Once they trust the System It will be much harder for these parties to raise an angry mob.... more than half the people on the streets wouldn't even really understand why they're there.

    Like here in Oz theres not really much dividing the major parties... So yeah you might get upset when the opposing party wins power but you know in 3-4 years time you will have a chance to vote them out..... so it's probably more respecting the system than trusting it.
    Last edited by PatongBeachBoy; 2nd January 2014 at 15:50.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,935
    As the K1ng said in 1995,it`s an unwinnable battle,everyone loses.

    The country has been on this track for 80 years and appears to be stuck on it.

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,142
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    But this is my point.... Thais need to have trust... not so much in the Government but the political system.
    Once they trust the System It will be much harder for these parties to raise an angry mob.... more than half the people on the streets wouldn't even really understand why they're there.

    Like here in Oz theres not really much dividing the major parties... So yeah you might get upset when the opposing party wins power but you know in 3-4 years time you will have a chance to vote them out..... so it's probably more respecting the system than trusting it.
    but i don't think you are getting it
    you could actually say they blindly trust the one that is behind all this

    this is spawned on by something much bigger than two parties not agreeing
    i am not being condescending, but do you understand that?
    you are talking about "political solutions" when it is much bigger than the political system

    now, one party side is being the proxy for the big one but this has zero to do with 2 parties not agreeing
    it has to do with one entity that can't be named wanting the power and not wanting to see the unwashed have a say, even if that is illegal by the constituion

  8. #8
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    but i don't think you are getting it
    you could actually say they blindly trust the one that is behind all this

    this is spawned on by something much bigger than two parties not agreeing
    i am not being condescending, but do you understand that?
    you are talking about "political solutions" when it is much bigger than the political system

    now, one party side is being the proxy for the big one but this has zero to do with 2 parties not agreeing
    it has to do with one entity that can't be named wanting the power and not wanting to see the unwashed have a say, even if that is illegal by the constituion
    I do get it....

    I just can't get into the Groundhog day of the political system.... I bet my bottom dollar that within 18mths the opposing party will be back on the streets raising another angry mob under the guise of democracy...

    Long Live the....................
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,935
    Who said that HiM is behind the yellow shirts?

  10. #10
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,933
    The interesting thing to me, is the army are very reluctant to step in at this stage. What that tells me, is there is no one position within the higher ranking officers of the army... Thaksin was very very smart, when he appointed Red leaning officers to positions within the army when he was PM. A very smart move...

  11. #11
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    The interesting thing to me, is the army are very reluctant to step in at this stage. What that tells me, is there is no one position within the higher ranking officers of the army... Thaksin was very very smart, when he appointed Red leaning officers to positions within the army when he was PM. A very smart move...
    Isn't that why Yingluck stood down to prevent Martial Law?
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

  12. #12
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,672
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    The interesting thing to me, is the army are very reluctant to step in at this stage. What that tells me, is there is no one position within the higher ranking officers of the army... Thaksin was very very smart, when he appointed Red leaning officers to positions within the army when he was PM. A very smart move...
    The army are keeping their powder dry as it's (now retired) Generals (and other powerful families/businesses) backing Suthep's PDRC. They want real change, not the same old same old coup/Shinawatra/coup ~ fiasco.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  13. #13
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Isn't that why Yingluck stood down to prevent Martial Law?
    Stood down? All she has done is call an early election..... She hasn't stood down.... Same in Oz.. You call an early election, or any election for that matter, the Government goes into caretaker mode, and that is what has happened in Thailand. She is still the caretaker PM. When she called the election, the threat of Martial Law was low....

    My way of looking at is,she made an awful mistake with the now failed Amnesty Bill.... that bought the people onto the streets. She realised her error, and did what most elected governments, who don't have fixed terms would do, she decided to put it to the people.

    The problem is the Yellows... They don't want an election they KNOW they can not win. So they are agitating for a coup.. that's the only way that mob will get power... to steal it from an elected government. That is the only way forward for the yellows, because they know if they do not win this one, Suthep and his cronies are finished.... literally. Nothing wrong with trying to bring down a government, that is all fair and good, but, He is trying to bring down the SYSTEM of government, which to my way of thinking, is treasonous.

  14. #14
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    The army are keeping their powder dry as it's (now retired) Generals (and other powerful families/businesses) backing Suthep's PDRC. They want real change, not the same old same old coup/Shinawatra/coup ~ fiasco.
    They want power any way they can get it... simple.... Good luck to the people supporting the yellows, I just ain't one of em.

    My opinion is the army is divided, just my opinion, but I guess time will tell.

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,142
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    The interesting thing to me, is the army are very reluctant to step in at this stage. What that tells me, is there is no one position within the higher ranking officers of the army... Thaksin was very very smart, when he appointed Red leaning officers to positions within the army when he was PM. A very smart move...
    and then a coup happened 2006 and the constitution was changed to give the Privy Council much more power and who appoints the Privy Council
    the big boss also appointed an anti-Thaksin as Commander of the Army
    so where does all this lead back to?

    trying to be very cryptic here

    as for your opinion about the Army being split, i don't know enough to weigh in on that but you seem pretty clued up, so will take your word for that

  16. #16
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    and then a coup happened 2006 and the constitution was changed to give the Privy Council much more power and who appoints the Privy Council
    the big boss also appointed an anti-Thaksin as Commander of the Army
    so where does all this lead back to?

    trying to be very cryptic here
    There may very well be a Yellow sympathiser running the army, but I think there are officers of General Rank, that are sympathetic to the Reds. It will be interesting to see how it falls. I would be interested to know the make up of the grunts ranks... I would be tipping there would not be too many hi so grunts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •