Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Accident - insurance

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar

Accident - insurance

I have just been in an accident in a van travelling from Sa Kaoe to Pattaya.
    Was in the front, seat belt was not working, head hit the roof.
    For any potential future claim I need to make at home what documents to I need? Clinic / hospital report?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Jeeze mate hit your head how hard?
    How are you feeling?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I'm sure others will know better than me, but i would think a copy of a police report and a doctors certificate, hospital report if you went there.

My sister had a bad one in China a few moth's ago, my other sister with her photographed everything, even the policeman that came 555
    They got copies of the police and hospital reports and got medivaced out, she has had months of treatment back here, almost all has been covered.

PS I would notify the insurance company now while there, and explain your just wanting to know what you need to cover yourself if something comes from it.
    Last edited by justcruzing1; 6th January 2014 at 13:46.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

We are in a replacement van now on the way to Pattaya. From what the police explained to my GF medical report needed, I hope that can be done in Pattaya.

Container carrier truck moved into our lane. Driver done a good job to get us away with minor impact.

Seat belt is working in this van.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    I have just been in an accident in a van travelling from Sa Kaoe to Pattaya.
    Was in the front, seat belt was not working, head hit the roof.
    For any potential future claim I need to make at home what documents to I need? Clinic / hospital report?
    Not a chance I would have taken up residence in the front seat, if that happened to be me.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

I wasn't keen on it, we were last in and that was it.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    You need to contact your travel insurance company and lodge an incident Quiky, they will have a hospital they might want you to attend in Patts, maybe just a check-up, let them make the decision. The insurance company will give you an incident number and write down some details of the accident if you remember, take some photos of your travel ticket company, vehicle details etc, the more info the better. I take pictures of the vehicles with the number plate and the drivers ID.

Hopefully all a waste of time, although wont be if you start getting headaches or worse tomorrow.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Took a few pictures. But no formal documents. Just one of the white vans you take city to city.
    Is all fairly minor but like you say who knows about tomorrow.
    Not sure if my picture attachment worked..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Ive just been through a claim , but first it sounds like you are ok and I hope so.

Ive mixed feelings about claiming anything unless its big with Travel Insurance.
    You will have an excess , so that may nullify any small compensation anyway.

But worse is the future 'exclusions' the Co. may decide to include in future policies.
    Pardon the pun , but head injuries can be a large 'grey' area - you could possibly find that any future policies from any future travel insurance Co ( because of disclosure obligations) , are much more expensive or will have the head area excluded from the policy.... something you really dont want.
    We get bumps on the head regularly , but an Insurance Co can make it sound like a 'pre-existing injury' in the future.
    I would get a police report , I guess you took photos as well , and have a checkup if you are cut or something. But I dont believe you are under any obligation to submit them or inform the Co. and they can be kept aside and only used should any health problem escalate as a result.
    Just my view , maybe Zab , who was once someone who was on the other side of the paperwork , can add to this ...
    Last edited by Chob; 6th January 2014 at 15:09.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    ^^ Only Quiky will know how severe the bump was, if he does nothing and nextweek starts getting migrains he will have buckleys of any insurance, if it was me I would notify the insurance cover for peace of mind and say it was only minor if that was the case. Im sure Quiky does not want to claim so im sure he will be Ok.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    I agree with Chob's post.

Cost v. benefit

Cause v. effect for symptoms "next week "

Minor damage to the minivan, not on your side.

Sure get checked - but don't submit a claim unless you need hospitalisation IMHO.

BTW - you made 3 posts - your neck is OK.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    I agree with Chob's post.

Cost v. benefit

Cause v. effect for symptoms "next week "

Minor damage to the minivan, not on your side.

Sure get checked - but don't submit a claim unless you need hospitalisation IMHO.

BTW - you made 3 posts - your neck is OK.
    Ultimate test for neck, will be when tall long legged LB walks past next - Just joshing Quikky :P
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Cadet Gold
    Good you are ok.

All good.
    Just checking what would be required, and thanks all for the input.
    Bus only for me from now on, these only run to BKK from Aranyapatet though.
    Driver did well. Could have put us in the ditch. Truck driver claimed we were going to fast, but he did clearly come across us. Little prick had a smile on his face the whole time.

Lady on the van called her husband who lived across the road and was in the army.
    All was actioned fairly promptly.

Now in Intimate by Tims Boutique with a free upgrade to a jacuzzi suite - I guess that's a win.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Good to hear your right, and being at Tims is a good sport.
    I think DP got upgraded as well.
    Things must be a bit quiet if they are upgrading at this time of the year.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Good to hear your right, and being at Tims is a good sport.
    I think DP got upgraded as well.
    Things must be a bit quiet if they are upgrading at this time of the year.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday.
    I believe they are booked out and these are the only option. Booking through booking.com may have paid off.
    BM Wooders couldn't get a room here at the moment unless jacuzzi. Catching up with him soon to try again and head out for some beers

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    I believe they are booked out and these are the only option. Booking through booking.com may have paid off.
    BM Wooders couldn't get a room here at the moment unless jacuzzi. Catching up with him soon to try again and head out for some beers
    Yeah...all the standard rooms were full so I was upgraded to a jacuzzi room too...

Lovely rooms they are too. But watch the lift. It will attack you like a runaway van...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Stay clear of Woody , hes a bad man and didnt get that name for nuffing!