Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thai Family

The Thai Family

On second thoughts I've decided that it is bad to bag out my wives family so I decided to delete this post.
    Last edited by Mate; 25th March 2014 at 08:10.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    just highlights the differant cultures...im sure as i write they are laughing at the silly things they think you do 5555...we meet in the middle somehow....had a good laugh about point 1 55555...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    2. 40 year old Sister still wears Pooh bear t-shirts. WTF!

)
    my 31yr old wife sitting in bed as i type in her Pooh pajamas. i was laughing last night because she has a small Mickey Mouse lamp that is sort of a night light but actually works well 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    my 31yr old wife sitting in bed as i type in her Pooh pajamas. i was laughing last night because she has a small Mickey Mouse lamp that is sort of a night light but actually works well 555
    Just be thankful she isn't sleeping with a Popeye doll ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with that, I've got a Stewie Griffen clock in my kitchen 555

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Thats actually a funny as post Mate...5555

This one i laughed at the most...

Sister and her husband bought a townhouse together. The carport is so small their pickup truck doesn’t fit.

A few of them though i have seen the same here in Aus especially the dog chained up all day

$ 15 K thats a big WTF ?????

Stupid one i can add at this point ...

BIL and JKs younger sister brought a car on finance 1 year ago paid the loan for 6 months, then stopped paying as he lost his job... 500K baht Honda, lot of money, and way to much for their income, 7K a month repayments.....

So since he has being short of money he had the bright idea of taking all the original wheels/rims off it and selling them... then stick ****ty cheap wheels/rims back on it..

Then the money got tighter, so now he has handed the car, the 500K car ( with original wheels 500K car) over to a loan shark for guess how much ? ..... 50K .... yep now he is having trouble trying to find 50K to get the car back whilst the loan company is knocking on the door wanting 50K on late loan payments, or wanting the car back... thats the 500K car with its original fancy wheels that the loan shark has....geeeez what a mess
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^ Sydney, watch out mate, ...I hear a tap tap taping on the phone ......
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

This is a brief note on some of the stupid things they've done
    before you mention their stupid things . . .

. . . mother lost $15,000AUD to a pyramid scheme. And it was my money
    Well. Sorry re the 15k loss - but events like this are hardly new in the farang-meets-Thai-family scenario.
    To many it is 'part of the game'
    No understanding that Mr Buffalo does not have an unending supply of money (many do, and keep bleeding, perpetuating the myth)
    Sure it was a pyramid scheme - or does every relative now had a big-screen tv and satellite dish; deposit on a new Toyota etc?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    ^^^ Sydney, watch out mate, ...I hear a tap tap taping on the phone ......
    5555555555555555 you don't know my wife as well as i wish you could JC ...555555

JK is that smart that she has never sent a photo or posted on FB the house we live in , the car we drive, the business we own or even that fact that i pay her for the work she does at our business, as far as her family is concerned, we are broke, have no money and struggle to pay our bills, and she just helps me at work...55555

She has absolutely no WANT to show face back home ...... being a "show person" only brings problems later on in her eyes, send a photo of a flash car that we drive here, just breeds resentment, and automatically signs you up for hands out when something goes wrong.

I am so luckly, she has no desire for Gucci handbags or the like..... no interest in brand names at all ..... "keep some money" is her motto....

I tried to tell people she is different, but no one listened...55555555555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    "I tried to tell people she is different, but no one listened...55555555555 "

OH OH where did I hear that before.....maybe 3 years ago???? 5555555

Good one Mate.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    I am so luckly, she has no desire for Gucci handbags or the like..... no interest in brand names at all ..... "keep some money" is her motto....

I tried to tell people she is different, but no one listened...55555555555
    my wife loves name brands..........but i can't complain i am the one who pushed her into them!!

my wife loves name brands..........but i can't complain i am the one who pushed her into them!!
    "Face" for you or LDOP 55555!

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    "Face" for you or LDOP 55555!
    no, i believe in quality brands
    you pay for quality and they last forever
    so if you look at it on a yearly average basis, the quality brand name will be cheaper than the lesser brand.....in a lot of cases

How much wear and tear does a handbag get?
    Aren't you paying most of the time when you both are dressed up and out?

It's not like your shoes .. daily pounding - year after year 555!
    Last edited by Zablive; 25th January 2014 at 01:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    How much wear and tear does a handbag get?
    Aren't you paying most of the time when you both are dressed up and out?

It's not like your shoes .. daily pounding - year after year 555!
    yeah, i think things like handbags get a bit ridiculous past a certain level
    my wife(and I ) like Michael Kors, very quality brand and the last bag i bought her cost 450cad
    i do think there is a difference in quality and durabilty vs the bags in the 100cad level or similar
    but i don't see any difference in that Michael Kors level and the LV/Gucci level of 900-3kcad

but i firmly believe in paying up for, as you mention, quality shoes and quality dress shirts, suits and coats/jackets....things like that

as for who pays for her clothes/brands
    she buys all her own clothes with me buying some big items for Xmas/Bday

but she has come to think that paying for quality is worth it if she really likes something
    hell, she just paid 230usd to get her hair colored/highlighted!!
    but she still likes her bargains. went shopping with my sis and was over the moon that a shirt she bought was 8usd 555
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 25th January 2014 at 01:49.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    ^^
    Clothes and accessories are probably more important when you are working - I think less so when you are retired. Quality shoes though are definitely worth the investment.

I discovered Ganton Gold Label business shirts after they were praised by Choice magazine more than 20 years ago. You pay a bit extra for them - around $80-100 but do they ever perform! You iron them once before you wear them and you never have to iron them again. With my Oz GF washing and drying my shirts sympathetically - ie. clothes dryer till damp but nearly dry then put on a hanger, I wore some of them for more than 10 years at work without ever ironing them. Everyone always thought I was very well dressed and groomed. If I told them that my shirts were never ironed, they were amazed. I never lost a button off a Ganton Gold Label - even though they always come with a spare button sewn on.

Stupid things...

I gave J's Papa a bunch of sky rockets when I was up there for the Bun Bang Fai festival. He set one off from a bottle in the back yard but it took off horizontal to the ground and went into the chicken coop. The chickens went berserk.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubbins View Post
    Stupid things...

I gave J's Papa a bunch of sky rockets when I was up there for the Bun Bang Fai festival. He set one off from a bottle in the back yard but it took off horizontal to the ground and went into the chicken coop. The chickens went berserk.
    In Thailand that is funny, not stupid..555

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    In Thailand that is funny, not stupid..555
    I guess so, they are only chickens after all - but they were squawking like crazy when the sky rocket hit their pen.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubbins View Post
    I guess so, they are only chickens after all - but they were squawking like crazy when the sky rocket hit their pen.
    Saw similar in "Action Street" in Patts..
    Some Aussies lighting up these big fire-works.. But drunk as they were, one fell over.. It fired right into a bar, and because of the power, the thing got blown back and turned, so the next attack was on another bar..
    This went on for a few minutes, with every BG and customer ducking behind something...

Very dangerous, but most thought it was hilarious..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast