Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bars closed AGAIN ... on Valentine Friday!!!

Bars closed AGAIN ... on Valentine Friday!!!

Mukka Bukha day tomoz (Fri) and seems you'll have to be careful about drinking at home and driving ... to work?

Thai Police remind public of alcohol ban during Makha Bucha - Thailand News - Thailand Forum
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I fail to see the importance of that particular day in Thailand.

Every day is Valentines day in LoS! 5555
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

There is no requirement for bars to close - as with the recent elections, it is the sale of alcohol that is illegal (but will go ahead I expect in tourist areas)

In other stunning 'news' I expect alcohol sales will similarly be restricted in many countries on Good Friday etc.
    Last edited by Hatari; 13th February 2014 at 22:19.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Everyones been gearing up for Valentines day in LOS
    As we were heading out so many shops were full of Cuddly Teddy bears and flowers, our favorite Agogo (TQ) even had a special Valentines Day fresco up. Seems totally out of character for the "Fun police" to start shutting bars.
    But hey... TIT...
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    There is no requirement for bars to close - as with the recent elections, it is the sale of alcohol that is illegal (but will go ahead I expect in tourist areas)

In other stunning 'news' I expect alcohol sales will similarly be restricted in many countries on Good Friday etc.
    Your point being???
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I have been getting a few Walenty messages on FB this evening asking "wotudo"....so the bars are closing for machu pichu day (as Khun Chob likes to call it)...makes sense now 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I have been getting a few Walenty messages on FB this evening asking "wotudo"....so the bars are closing for machu pichu day (as Khun Chob likes to call it)...makes sense now 555
    Sifting through the "Hansum man Valentine" messages that arrived in the FB post today...?" Why are we surprised after all the ground work you have put in over the last 12 months.....555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    555...ground work?....well lots in the bed, some in the pool, the sala by the pool, the sunloungers, the outdoor dining table, in the shower, over the kitchen sink, on the sofa, the coffee table, the scooter, one whilst hanging off the clothes line.....but not once do I remember on the ground

BTW...none called me hansum....but all wanted " go date....lomantic"....555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    ^^ I haven't done it on the ground either. I once did it on a rock beside a river, and I've done it a few times on a beach towel on the beach sand. Hmm, maybe that counts as ground work...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    ^^ When asked if I like sex on tv, I tell them I keep falling off...555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    On Pattaya forums , saying Bars closed until midnight on Friday

DUP roof, open ???
    Cheers, Rob.

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    DUP roof, open ???
    DUP roof not open. Tea and scones inside but you'll have to give the secret password which is --- "my shout"

Sent from my ST25a using Tapatalk 2

No alcohol sales - in our town with no hotel/bars the local police do enforce this on the family shops in town as well; worse - my favourite cafe Doi Chaang closed for 3 days, as are the three hardware stores (cancel my handyman plans, or 9km to Thai Watsadu store).
    Was like this here over Chinese New Year when most family-owned shops were closed resulting in 7/11 being very busy; people taking advantage of this long/3-day weekend
    Ms H's company all working today and have Saturday off in exchange, the luxury of a 2-day weekend.

Newby
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    ^^ When asked if I like sex on tv, I tell them I keep falling off...555
    Darn the coming of the flat screen technologies

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Oh hello Bucketry !!!! Sneaking in under the radar huh . 555 WTTB by the way !
    !qq!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubbins View Post
    ^^ I haven't done it on the ground either. I once did it on a rock beside a river, and I've done it a few times on a beach towel on the beach sand. Hmm, maybe that counts as ground work...
    Bonnet of someone elses Merc in a camping ground in Swiiss was an interesting one,waterfall up the road...so on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    DUP roof not open. Tea and scones inside but you'll have to give the secret password which is --- "my shout"
    So when we get to the door we say we're here for Col's shout?
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 14th February 2014 at 11:47.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post

Sunday lunch with a Vino/beer and catch up with Nubbins .... but not for tea and scones FFS.

White Plate burgers at Kamthieng, Salad Concept or WineConnectio pizza at Central Festival, roast @ Sausage King .... what else is there on northside?
    Cheers, Rob.

I think they will really enforce this one....so, not worth the risk of selling. Some always sell and get away with it.

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Sunday lunch with a Vino/beer and catch up with Nubbins .... but not for tea and scones FFS.

White Plate burgers at Kamthieng, Salad Concept or WineConnectio pizza at Central Festival, roast @ Sausage King .... what else is there on northside?
    You coming to DUP tonight? Can discuss then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast