Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shortest trip you've taken to LOS

Shortest trip you've taken to LOS

We have a couple of public holidays coming up in April so i was thinking about heading over for 7 days.
    Using the public holidays i would only have to use 3 days annual leave.

I`m already planning to go back in June but just thought i would pop over for a week to surprise my gf
    Whats the shortest trip you've taken to LOS? and is it worth it?

When I was still living in the US, I once came for six days....business. Be careful on surprising your GF....it may be a bigger surprise than you really want..5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I done more short trips than longer ones. I once did a bit of business in Guangzhou China and also in Manila. I would always call into Bangkok for one or two nights to see a girl at bar4.

Christmas morning just gone I decided to shout myself to a short trip to Phuket. Got online booked a flight for 28th dec and came for 7 days. Great short trip.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 15th February 2014 at 12:42.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    TG's hate surprises!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Im with Bill and Moo...the biggest surprises could be in store for you...
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Reality is best known early ... 555!

5555 well maybe ill warn her that im coming

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    5555 well maybe ill warn her that im coming
    Nah don't listen to these guys, you'll be fine 555

I'm doing the same thing. 3 days off and I'm heading over to Patts for 7 days. Longest trip to LoS for me has been 10 days. I like shorter, more frequent visits. As much as I love it over there, the constant partying starts doing my head in after a week.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I went for 5 days total on the ground

Sounds crazy but i got a great deal on a flight, and i honestly don't mind flying, especially if it is on a good Asian airline
    so i looked at the hours on the plane to/from as relaxing time

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    lots of my early visits were stopovers on route from AUS to Europe for business...plenty of "one night in BKK" drop ins but later I'd mostly try to fly up Friday and fly out Sunday night to arrive Monday morning ready for business...on the way back I'd try do get down to HKT for a dive or two....sometimes Patts

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I used to do a lot of short trips when I 1st started going to LOS when I regularly worked 4 days on, 3 off and Emirates was flying to Singapore return for $600 and offering full frequent flier points (I ended up Gold Class and had use of their lounge everytime I flew and also got free upgrades and flights).

Shortest trip I ever did was 3 days, chucked a sickie, called in from the Business Class Lounge 555 Was worried about returning to work sunburnt and facing a barrage of questions 555 Totally worth it!!!

For me the short trips were some of the best, action packed, was just careful of what I ate as couldn't afford to get sick (for real 555 and fortunately never have).
    Last edited by Bawdy; 15th February 2014 at 13:09.

Matto... go on.... you MUST make it a surprise visit...

My first trip to Thailand ever, was one night in Bangkok followed by 3 nights in Phuket. I was enroute from the UK to NZ... was a pleasant stopover for a newbie...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Shortest for me was 14 nights. I just dont see the value in going from the USA for less. With tickets ranging from 1500-2000 based on departure and arrival time coupled with connections. 24 minimum plane time.........upwards of 30+ for cheap flights with layovers or connections.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMTBOUND View Post
    Shortest for me was 14 nights. I just dont see the value in going from the USA for less. With tickets ranging from 1500-2000 based on departure and arrival time coupled with connections. 24 minimum plane time.........upwards of 30+ for cheap flights with layovers or connections.
    I would be the same if I was that far away. My Bkk/Patts trip in August was 1200 for flights and 8 nights accommodation combined. Easy to forget how lucky we are here. But then again I'd love to be able to hit up Vegas or Miami for a long weekend, or be closer to Europe.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I would be the same if I was that far away. My Bkk/Patts trip in August was 1200 for flights and 8 nights accommodation combined. Easy to forget how lucky we are here. But then again I'd love to be able to hit up Vegas or Miami for a long weekend, or be closer to Europe.
    For sure....But as I have said before. The once a year trip makes the anticipation and the trip much richer and exciting. I could easily go twice a year and skip Vegas/Miami.....but I like the 2.5 weeks i stay in LOS. Seems like a sweet spot for me once a year. Keeps me wanting more. I believe if i went 3-4 times a year.....it would be just another Holiday.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    My shortest trip to LOS ? hmmm landed at 3pm and left at 9am next morning ! So that's 18 hours 5555. Was it worth it ? Yes ! I went to pick up my now wife for her 1st trip to Australia ! Her visa had finally come through !
    P.S. i had only been back in Aus for 3 weeks after spending a month there .
    !qq!

OK OK... as its a competition. I did 2 hours... passing through BKK airport... enroute from the UK to NZ a couple of years ago...

How many of you can do that without crying.... 555

My 1st trip to LOS was actually for 11 hrs, an unscheduled stopover on the way home during the 1991 Gulf War (Cairo-Bahrain-Karachi-Bangkok-Jakarta-Bali-Sydney). Was put up in a hotel overnight, if I only knew then what I do now 555

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    My 1st trip to LOS was actually for 11 hrs, an unscheduled stopover on the way home during the 1991 Gulf War (Cairo-Bahrain-Karachi-Bangkok-Jakarta-Bali-Sydney). Was put up in a hotel overnight, if I only knew then what I do now 555
    But surely you had heard the song.... 555

When did you first visit as an active participant?

^ August 2009, did 10 trips in under 2 years, have lost count now 555

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast