Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Uber Bangkok

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Uber Bangkok

Uber.com is an awesome car service(taxi) service
    You get the app, upload your credit card and then you just log on and it will tell you how many cars are available in your vicinity
    You hit the button to be picked up and you get a message right away with the type of car/drivers name and picture
    They pick you up and drop you off and you don't exchange money, receipt, and they are not allowed to take tips.....you then get an immediate email receipt
    In the US you can choose regular car(like a nice camry) black car(town car limo) SUV(big suburban)
    It is the only service i use in the US now it is incredible

So looks like they are just kicking off in Bangkok and have limited cars but will grow and I would imagine your car choice will be Camry's and Mercedes/BMW

I tested a quote and a trip for Suk Soi 5 to Sathorn Rd would be about 350baht

Good when you are going out at night to a nice place and also I would imagine they will keep these guys in line, so no hassle

Be interesting to know what their prices are for Bangkok to Pasttaya...

https://www.uber.com/
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Be interesting to know what their prices are for Bangkok to Pasttaya...

https://www.uber.com/
    Italian food lover? 555

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Italian food lover? 555
    555... Must be a Freudian slip... I do fancy an Italian right now...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    555... Must be a Freudian slip... I do fancy an Italian right now...
    Which one? 555

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Which one? 555

Ones a starter... the other looks like dessert...

I don't like the idea of having to use your credit card due to the extra cash rate / service charges incurred.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Uber's getting a lot of scrutiny in Frisco. These clowns don't carry enough insurance for one thing. If there's an accident and you get hurt. Good luck getting any compensation. One of the drivers already hit a little girl and killer her.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Uber's getting a lot of scrutiny in Frisco. These clowns don't carry enough insurance for one thing. If there's an accident and you get hurt. Good luck getting any compensation. One of the drivers already hit a little girl and killer her.
    i honestly would be shocked about the insurance thing because the company is so on the ball

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    i honestly would be shocked about the insurance thing because the company is so on the ball
    California to Lyft, Uber, Sidecar, Wingz: Get your act together - The Technology Chronicles

TNC Insurance Requirements

Commercial liability insurance providing not less than $1,000,000 (one million dollars) per incident coverage for incidents involving vehicles and drivers while they are providing TNC services.

i went and read the articles
    one thing i couldn't understand is how am i protected when in the car, it seemed to say i have protection from Uber
    i emailed them since i will use it about 20 times next week

i went and read the articles
    one thing i couldn't understand is how am i protected when in the car, it seemed to say i have protection from Uber
    i emailed them since i will use it about 20 times next week
    A lot of my friends in the city use them. Cabs really blow here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    A lot of my friends in the city use them. Cabs really blow here.
    you get used to the pleasantness and ease of Uber it is hard to jump back into a taxi
    in NYC, you call and they send a nice car. i was doing UberX, the cheap option and most of the times i got a brand new Toyota Highlinder pick me up, always with a pleasant driver because they get rated
    then you jump into a regular taxi and it looks ok from the outside but filthy inside, the driver is on speakerphone to Bangladesh

i just started paying the little bit extra for Uber......most expensed but i also use it when i am paying too

Uber sued over girl's death in S.F. - SFGate

The suit calls this a narrow view of how companies like Uber do business. Christopher Dolan, the family's attorney, said the phone-based interface that drivers use to find fares contributed to the death of Sofia, along with injuries to her mother, Huan Kuang, and 5-year-old brother, Anthony Liu. Dolan said Uber had denied insurance protection that would have covered the family and the driver.

he wasn't carrying a passenger, so Uber says they not responsible
    which makes sense

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

Uber Bangkok

Never heard of Uber until read your topic, then wandered over to Twitter - "bang" a tweet from former NBA chubby Baron Davis, that he had left his wallet in a Uber car. No tipping you say, that driver may end up with a bonus 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

he wasn't carrying a passenger, so Uber says they not responsible
    which makes sense
    Did you read the whole article? He was between fares reading the Uber phone app while driving. You don't consider that working with Uber?

A Mob Of Protestors Chased A Bunch Of Uber Cars In Seattle - SFGate

A mob of people, dubbed The Counterforce, allegedly ran through the streets of Seattle on Saturday night, chasing down Uber cars and detaining them in traffic.
    Power to the people!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Are any of the drivers Licensed Taxi Drivers, as they are trying to start this here in Perth and the local companies are all trying to cause grief against Uber, saying you do not know if your are getting a licensed driver or just a guy of the street who signs up for doing some extra work.

Insurance that has already be mentioned would also be a big grey area, so would vehicle maintenance and whether the vehicle passed as a taxi car.

Perth Taxi's could do with a big kick up the backside in relation to both service & prices, but I can see a big fight from the Taxi Companies against it starting.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Are any of the drivers Licensed Taxi Drivers, as they are trying to start this here in Perth and the local companies are all trying to cause grief against Uber, saying you do not know if your are getting a licensed driver or just a guy of the street who signs up for doing some extra work.

Insurance that has already be mentioned would also be a big grey area, so would vehicle maintenance and whether the vehicle passed as a taxi car.

Perth Taxi's could do with a big kick up the backside in relation to both service & prices, but I can see a big fight from the Taxi Companies against it starting.
    They have gotten the same fight in every city they haber started in and usually prevail.
    I think we have gotten ****ty taxis and horrible service from taxis in most big cities for a long time and now they are being challenged.
    Although i will say we have it good here in Vancouver, clean taxis and decent drivers but if i were in NYC ot Boston id find it hard not to take Uber everytime even with the slight extra cost

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast