Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Songkran 2014

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Songkran 2014

Just seen this on FB

Songkran Calendar is out! Will you join?
    Phuket, 12-13 April 2014
    Bangkok, 13-15 April 2014
    Chiang Mai, 12-16 April 2014
    Koh Samui 13 April 2014
    Pattaya 11-20 April 2014
    (source : Tourism Authority of Thailand)

I always thought Patts ended on the 19th .... A friend is travelling there on the 20th .... could be a problem

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Looks like Samui is the place to be, short and sweet.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    I fly to Oz early on 12 April. The timing is not a coincidence.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Good thing I live in a neighbourhood that will stop playing water once the sun goes down. I won't be out during the daylight, 555
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    This will probably be about my 10th Songkran coming up.

While i don't really like it that much i get a buzz outta watching the Thais have fun especially the TG's so i usually get amongst the action for one day then hide out for the rest 555

Songkran in Patong is especially bearable these days as it only goes 2 days.

Songkran CM 1937,maybe IF was there?

Last edited by Moo Uaon; 19th March 2014 at 15:00.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Fuck me. Might have to stay in Bangers 3 days now. Never been to one. I know I should experience it at least once but I keep getting told the novelty wears off real quick.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Fuck me. Might have to stay in Bangers 3 days now. Never been to one. I know I should experience it at least once but I keep getting told the novelty wears off real quick.
    I have done two, though the first I arrived half way through. A great experience but 5 days of it as I experienced in CM is just a little too long.

2014 In Singapore:

From 2012:
    Every year over the Songkran weekend, Singapore's Thai community gets drenched at Golden Mile Complex as they mark their New Year with a splash. To them, water symbolises cleansing and renewal, and is generously hurled at others as a mark of celebration.

The Thai eateries, bars, supermarkets, and provision shops at Golden Mile (the Little Thailand of Singapore) often take part in the festivities, using water guns, buckets, and even hoses to give any passer-by a nice 'wash.'

The Straits Times photojournalist Raj Nadarajan documented the little water party that took place in the complex on April 15, 2012.

Tenants and customers from shops and bars in Golden Mile Complex spray water at each other
    Last edited by Hatari; 19th March 2014 at 22:57.

Not sure if I'd say it was best Songkran, but 2010 I decided on a cycle ride to the nearest ATM, a 52km ride at that time; I soon learnt there was no escape, this rare foreigner pedaling along became #1 target, so in the spirit of 'resistance is futile' I just gave up, let them do their worst with water and coloured talc powder. I turned down most drink offers - no rice whisky! just the occasional sip of beer.
    A sight when I got to the town ATM, on the way back decided why not, accepted too many drinks, food, more water, more talc. Painted and plastered.
    Wobbling along nearing nearer home wondered if there was a search party out for me, but no there was party without me, I had barely been missed.
    Just my own experiences, but think the rural places are more 'fun', sociable, a real family feel to it with all the relatives from grandparents to grandchildren gathered for a family occasion.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    gotta love a festival where you can get your own back on the cops....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Last 2 songkrans have been out dirt bike riding in close to 40* heat and once out of the bush year before last stopped at road side water stations every 1/2 k or and let them dunk us with water.

Last year there's a bridge over the overflow from a hydro dam way out in a national park that had a heap of Thais just sitting in the rock pools.
    It was at the end of the ride so jumped in riding gear and all and cooled off with a few cold beers that some young TG's gave us.....songkran ain't all bad
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 20th March 2014 at 00:15.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ yep....best not to resist...once you are wet you can't get much wetter...give in, go with the flow and have some fun...its the time of the year Thais in general and en masse are at their happiest

gotta say though I do enjoy it best here....just one day...usually the afternoon by the time I join in....have a few drinks with friends around my regular bars..get a soaking, then head home....by the time its time to go out again its all over bar the shouting

Ill get water fights in Phuket and BKK. I'm looking forward to getting wet and having fun

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    So I guess wool is out of the question...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I will be in Chiang mai from the 12th, Taking my 12 year old son for a father son trip. If it gets to much will head off to Chiang rai however this is his trip so up to him..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I will be in Chiang mai from the 12th, Taking my 12 year old son for a father son trip. If it gets to much will head off to Chiang rai however this is his trip so up to him..
    My guess, you will be in Chiang Mai till the 16th!!!
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    5555 yep a 12 year old and a 5 day water fight with no rules.... a kids dream i would say
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That's pretty much what I'm expecting. It's his trip so I will just go with it and try to add in some other activitys like shooting some reel guns out at Mai rim and catching some monster fish.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Except for one year, I always go back to Canada BEFORE Songkran. It lasts too long in Chiang Mai and drunken idiots took the fun out of it. One or two days is okay and everyone can enjoy getting wet, but more than that is annoying. I've been hit with a bucket of water two weeks before the official event. Knowing my own personality I would go out with a zapper gun filled with ammonia and hunt the idiots.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I was in Patts one time for Songkran
    It was near the end so I took a walk down to Soi 6
    I was just on a wonder......so I am walking down Soi 6, kind of muling what to do and some asshole( a funny asshole 555) dumped a huge barrel off ice water off the roof on me!! I could only laugh, fcuker

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast