Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Average earnings for Thai workers

Platinum
    Sometimes i've found this, but one time one of the receptionist did. And other times its been the bell boy.
    But then whoever changes my bed sheets deserves the money. 555

I hope they wash their hands before they rub their eyes... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    most of my wife's friends who are educated 30ish earn well over 60k baht monthly.
    I am interested in knowing what type of jobs they have, and where (Bangkok?)

Two years ago I went to Ms H's friends/uni reunion, all but two (of about 15) were still working in the occupation related to their degree - hotel management, accounting, banking/finance, 4 high school teachers. Nice 'steady' jobs. I doubt any of them earn more than 20-25,000 a month (excluding bonuses which can often be an additional six months salary for those in private sector). That was about twice the national average at the time.

18 November 2013
    The Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) and Sripatum University conducted the survey involving the salaries and allowances offered by 210 business operators from 21 industries from last year to this year.

It found the average salary of bachelor's degree holders who have no job experience, the so-called "base salary" , stands at 14,131 baht per month.

The government raised the minimum salary of civil servants holding bachelor's degrees to 15,000 baht a month on Jan 1.

The average base salary of vocational certificate stands at 9,477 baht and of high school vocational certificate holders 10,475 baht.

Those with master's degrees earn 19,171 baht and doctoral degrees earn 26,119 baht, the survey says.
    What jobs, and where, earn a fixed salary 700,000 per annum?

I looked at jobthai site, it has today over 68,000 vacancies; in eg HR, monthly salaries listed are, from the first of 363 listings: 14,000, 15,000, 25-30,000, 13,500, 20-35,000, 25,000 and so on - of course varies due to skills/exp.

Last edited by Hatari; 29th March 2014 at 11:57.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    ^^^Adult entertainment....

I heard and correct me if I am wrong..Thai airway pilots only get 40k a month??

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^I was told by one that Thai airline pilots get min 80K a month and that was a few years back now....of course it goes up with seniority and types of aircrafts flown etc

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    ^^^^
    It's a good earner - they only actually fly the plane for 10 minutes these days - apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^I was told by one that Thai airline pilots get min 80K a month and that was a few years back now....of course it goes up with seniority and types of aircrafts flown etc
    That is still so very low...

^ Thai Airways
    I found a 2011 reference stating the average base salary was 68,000 baht/month
    On top of that would be allowances, bonuses, presume they'd get good medical etc insurance and a subsidised retirement scheme
    And last year the average pay in increase was 6.77%, 7.5% the year before - so may be closer to average 80,000 baht now.

as a wildly irrelevant and pointless comparison . . . TA have 24 ticketing counter staff in Australia earning an average AU$48760 (gross) per year - which in straight $ to baht terms is higher than the average pilot.

Room for one more Dilbert - "according to The International Society of Boasters - fabrications are acceptable" - think this often applies to income anecdotes of someone who knows someone who earns 23 gazbillion pesos a week. Or was that day?.

Last edited by Hatari; 29th March 2014 at 12:22.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    here's another one I just found....seems like average may be in excess of 100K a month

Thailand Aviation: Airline Pilot Salaries - International Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    ^ Thai Airways
    I found a 2011 reference stating the average base salary was 68,000 baht/month
    On top of that would be allowances, bonuses, presume they'd get good medical etc insurance and a subsidised retirement scheme
    And last year the average pay in increase was 6.77%, 7.5% the year before - so may be closer to average 80,000 baht now.

as a wildly irrelevant and pointless comparison . . . TA have 24 ticketing counter staff in Australia earning an average AU$48760 (gross) per year - which in straight $ to baht terms is higher than the average pilot.

Room for one more Dilbert - "according to The International Society of Boasters - fabrications are acceptable" - think this often applies to income anecdotes of someone who knows someone who earns 23 gazbillion pesos a week. Or was that day?.

And that ticketing counter staff member would pay more in tax than the Thai eqiv would earn in a year...8107.05 or 20280bt a month.....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOMIS View Post
    I started as a welder , now more mechanical fitter. But do bit of everything. I don't think I'd like that job, i've never been the strongest of swimmers and i dunno if i could hack it. 55
    If your experienced in welding and physically fit, like living on the edge, an ex neighbor of mine worked for a company that ran crews they called swinger weld checkers. They go on the offshore oil and gas rigs, swing on ropes down the rigs doing inspections and xrays? of every weld.

He was paid a motza averaged $8k aus. a week. he put a young guy that lived in the units that moved to UK, onto some company that trained him and now he's doing the rigs in the Northern Sea.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

here's another one I just found....seems like average may be in excess of 100K a month

Thailand Aviation: Airline Pilot Salaries - International Comparison
    cheers

Thai salaries for those in fixed/fulltime employment can be an odd one to gauge - eg when last year some companies paid a bonus to staff equivalent to 6-10 months salary - but this is not included in salary as they could potentially have a bad year financially and pay no bonus.

One of Ms H's sister/b-i-l received about 320,000 baht in combined bonuses year-end 2013. The year before, 2012, it was around 220,000 (blamed on impact of 2011 flooding). When they took a mortgage on their new house the bank would not take the bonuses into consideration in terms of how much they could borrow - sensible as if the bonuses stopped 'bye bye house' - but based upon a percentage of their fixed take-home pay each month.
    Those bonuses would not - I think (?) - therefore be counted in any average wage statistics

Some bonus figures for 2013
    Toyota - 10 months salary plus 20,000 baht
    Honda - eight months, 80,000
    Mitsubishi - 7 months
    Yamaha Motor - 4-5 months
    Maybank Kim Eng Securities - 15 months
    Centara Hotels & Resorts - 2 months
    Nok Airlines and AirAsia - 4 months
    Bangkok Airways - six months
    Airports of Thailand - 11 months

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    If your experienced in welding and physically fit, like living on the edge, an ex neighbor of mine worked for a company that ran crews they called swinger weld checkers. They go on the offshore oil and gas rigs, swing on ropes down the rigs doing inspections and xrays? of every weld.

He was paid a motza averaged $8k aus. a week. he put a young guy that lived in the units that moved to UK, onto some company that trained him and now he's doing the rigs in the Northern Sea.
    X-rayed welds for 9 month bored me to death. Ex wife has that money (first house) now from living away from her in PNG.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Didn't know they had that many, our company does the checkin here in Melbourne. Thai also have their own Engineers based here but not data in that link.

I am interested in knowing what type of jobs they have, and where (Bangkok?)

[/IMG]
    All Bangkok based with some in finance, one holds a management position in a large automotive company another works for a pharmaceutical company plus a few others doing stuff.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    My son Dash 8 first officer. AUD 75K a year(First year). A380 First Officer AUD180K a year plus allowances for QANTAS
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Salary bonus time for many Thai employees

From The Nation

Many car companies are paying bonus of six to eight months' salary, while parts firms are paying between three and seven months.

The banking sector pays fixed bonuses with special incentives based on the performance of employees and return on assets (ROA). Siam Commercial Bank pays its bonus twice a year, in June and December, each fixed at one month's salary. A special incentive will be paid in February.

Bangkok Bank also pays fixed one-month bonus in June and December. A special incentive of around 1.5 months' salary will be paid by the end of January.

Krungsri Group paid a one-month bonus on December 25 and will pay a special incentive based on its Key Performance Index on March 25. Kasikornbank will pay a fixed two-month bonus in February, and incentives based on the bank's ROA will be paid in March.

Bangkok Post prediction from 6 Nov 2014

A survey by Sripatum University and the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) has found that business managements plan on giving lower salary increases and bonus payments this year.

The pollsters concluded that businesses were paying 2.5 month bonuses on average this year, with the peak bonuses of 8.8 months, compared with 2.6-month average bonuses and peak 11-month bonuses last year.

The average salary rise has fallen from 5.6% last year to 5.4% this year.

and looking to this year, 2015, from The Nation:

According to the Hay Group's survey, the three sectors that will offer the highest bonus payments in 2015 are chemicals (4.03 months), followed by industrials (3.98 months) and construction and materials (3.69 months). The overall forecast of bonus payments in 2015 is slightly lower than for 2014 (from 3.44 months in 2014 to 3.40 months in 2015).

Thailand's top three industries that will make the highest salary increases for 2015 are the construction and materials sector (6.30 per cent), the oil and gas sector (6.28 per cent) and the chemicals sector (6.25 per cent). The overall forecast for salary increases in 2015 is slightly higher than for 2014 (from 6.01 per cent in 2014 to 6.06 per cent in 2015).

The report also shows that top three sectors with the highest basic salaries are oil and gas, fast-moving consumer goods, and chemicals.

Company MsH is employed by suffered hugely in 2014 - road/bridge construction and gov't treasury couldn't make payments for contracts, so company stopped bidding . . . and that suffering passed on to their workforce in form of layoffs, and those that kept their jobs, minimal bonus for 2014

But things picked up 3rd quarter 2014, back to full workforce quota, and she has been promised an 11% salary increase from February; still a lot less than if they'd paid a 2014 bonus, but ideally 2015 will be a good year and pay a decent bonus end of December.

As an HR person I'm fascinated by the Thai bonus system, and how it's used for staff retention - it's a big jump for someone to leave an employer and go to another one and have to re-qualify for their bonus scheme (can be 2-3 years from what I've seen). MsH's brother has been working in Japan since July 2014 - as reward for seeing out his contract to end this month/January, as well as annual company bonus they've offered an extra 3 months salary when he returns for completing the 7mth contract. Tough on his family, but nice to come back to and another good deposit in their first-home savings account.

Link to annual report from ADECCO - Thailand Salary Guide 2015

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast