Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the first thing you do?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Whats the first thing you do?

What is the first thing you do when you arrive to the LOS? I know landing in LOS there are so many things running through your head, Beer, Party, Swim, Shower, Shopping, Massage, Boom Boom and even sleep (sometimes). Lets just say you have landed collected your bags and checked in at your hotel, what do you do now?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    What is the first thing you do when you arrive to the LOS? I know landing in LOS there are so many things running through your head, Beer, Party, Swim, Shower, Shopping, Massage, Boom Boom and even sleep (sometimes). Lets just say you have landed collected your bags and checked in at your hotel, what do you do now?
    On previous trips straight to a bar for a Beer and collect the ambience of been back in LOS (Phuket) in past cases.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Its a tradition of mine to have a Mai Tai and the next thing I cant really mention in the general section 555

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Its a tradition of mine to have a Mai Tai and the next thing I cant really mention in the general section 555
    5555 all good I only wanted to know the first thing you do lol.
    I have traditionally Jumped in the pool for a swim as the first thing I do. It did change last trip and sure it will be similar for the next trip

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Wait for mrs W settle in and go get some food.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Wait for mrs W settle in and go get some food.
    I am sure that is the first thing you did this time around...5555

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Chase the taxi as it drives off with your hand luggage which has your passport in it.
    Oh wait that was only once... i hope

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Chase the taxi as it drives off with your hand luggage which has your passport in it.
    Oh wait that was only once... i hope
    Doh!!!! 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    My first thing is get a Thai sim card, and SMS my sisters and friends that I made it safely.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    My first thing is get a Thai sim card, and SMS my sisters and friends that I made it safely.
    Do you use the free True Move ones from HKT? I have never had trouble with them. I will see how I go in Udon Thani though

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I love a good shower... then I feel normal. Then the first alcoholic drink... bliss. Then the excitement of the kill... oops, wrong forum.... 555

The first thing I do is re-acquaint my wife with her Mother and respectfully let them catch up on the
    news together for a couple of weeks, I mean hours.
    I will then stroll off lonely around the streets of Bangkok. It's a sacrifice one occasionally has to make I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by giggsy View Post
    The first thing I do is re-acquaint my wife with her Mother and respectfully let them catch up on the
    news together for a couple of weeks, I mean hours.
    I will then stroll off lonely around the streets of Bangkok. It's a sacrifice one occasionally has to make I suppose.
    How long has your wife been living in the UK Giggsy?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Hi there distant peak.

She has been living here for the most part of each year for 24 years.
    I say the most part of each year as we do try to stay in Thailand throughout January and February of each year
    as its bleeding freezing then in the UK. Generally get back to her home town for a while in Nakhon Sawan and then on
    to friend visits in Bangkok, Hua Hin and Chiang Mai. Splitting the time up between those places mainly.

Hi there distant peak.

I say the most part of each year as we do try to stay in Thailand throughout January and February of each year
    as its bleeding freezing then in the UK. Generally get back to her home town for a while in Nakhon Sawan and then on
    to friend visits in Bangkok, Hua Hin and Chiang Mai. Splitting the time up between those places mainly.
    Sounds like the perfect combination! Though Nov and Dec was the worst of the weather this year.... so I hear as I was in Thailand from Oct to Dec so luckily missed it! You must be the most "married" Thai-Farang couple I have known about... 24 years!!!! I am sure you will provide good advice, opinions and thoughts for us all... most of us here are but infants in comparison...

Oh, just one thing... I support Liverpool... 555

Hi there distant peak.

Wow, 24 years together, I have heard of a lot of Thai/Farang marriages but never of this amount of time. Glad to have you here and like DP said you wuill be sure to provide a lot of people with helpful Info.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    In this day and age 24 years fantastic for any couple whats your secret Gig??

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    In this day and age 24 years fantastic for any couple whats your secret Gig??
    Hasn't Fergie been in charge of United for 24 years? He is the glue...

Oh brilliant comments.... Whats your secret gig?? ... Love it
    Thanks G 4orce, Wabbits and Distant Peak.

I have actually left Fergie trailing as he joined United 3 months after I got married, but I must admit
    the similarities end there as he's earned far more money than me, got knighted and won more.

There is actually a bloke a couple of miles down the road from me who has two years on me,
    him and his Thai wife have been married 26 years.

The glue has been nothing to do with Fergie, but more to do with sharp knives and the pet ducks I keep.
    Distant Peak, You got the timing right to be in Thailand during that spell and I ended up being here in the UK for the worst of the weather.

I am looking at ways to extend the time in Thailand each year and get rid of all those winter months, this is currently
    work in progress. What are the secrets to any marriage let alone Thai/Western? You are correct though a lot of Thai / Western marriages
    I have known have quickly fallen by the wayside.

I think the main reason we have survived is to give each other space, we see each other once a year. No seriously my wife is still very Thai in that she is very group-oriented and likes to watch the television be with her Thai friends sometimes for a good old chin wag and have a bite to eat. I am more individualistic (loner) and prefer reading, writing, learning and shouting at bad referees.

Tip number one. Keep out of each others faces.
    Off to get some work done ladies and gentlemen.

Oh brilliant comments.... Whats your secret gig?? ... Love it
    Thanks G 4orce, Wabbits and Distant Peak.

I have actually left Fergie trailing as he joined United 3 months after I got married, but I must admit
    the similarities end there as he's earned far more money than me, got knighted and won more.

There is actually a bloke a couple of miles down the road from me who has two years on me,
    him and his Thai wife have been married 26 years.

The glue has been nothing to do with Fergie, but more to do with sharp knives and the pet ducks I keep.
    Distant Peak, You got the timing right to be in Thailand during that spell and I ended up being here in the UK for the worst of the weather.

I am looking at ways to extend the time in Thailand each year and get rid of all those winter months, this is currently
    work in progress. What are the secrets to any marriage let alone Thai/Western? You are correct though a lot of Thai / Western marriages
    I have known have quickly fallen by the wayside.

I think the main reason we have survived is to give each other space, we see each other once a year. No seriously my wife is still very Thai in that she is very group-oriented and likes to watch the television be with her Thai friends sometimes for a good old chin wag and have a bite to eat. I am more individualistic (loner) and prefer reading, writing, learning and shouting at bad referees.

Tip number one. Keep out of each others faces.
    Off to get some work done ladies and gentlemen.
    Interesting thoughts there. We have already talked about having separate beds/rooms if we ever got long term serious. I love my space and so does she. It's all about meeting a partner that shares the same idiosyncrasies... a clingy woman with a guy who likes space (or vice versa) will never work... but get all the stars aligned correctly and you have a chance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast