Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 119 of 119
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Russians....rude or not.

  1. #101
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,924
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  2. #102
    Newby Toast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    4
    I know two Russian couples, they are lovely and humorous people. Sure, they are sad about such labels for their nationality, but these guys keep it simple and treat it with irony. Because of this, they hide their nationality during travels if possible, but sometimes they mention it intentionally and it helps to solve some misunderstandings and get the response like "Ah, those Russkies"
    Quarky, Ian Forbes and Bacon like this.

  3. #103
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    I know two Russian couples, they are lovely and humorous people. Sure, they are sad about such labels for their nationality, but these guys keep it simple and treat it with irony. Because of this, they hide their nationality during travels if possible, but sometimes they mention it intentionally and it helps to solve some misunderstandings and get the response like "Ah, those Russkies"
    It only takes a few nasty ones of any nationality or race, and it's easy for the uninformed to make an incorrect snap decision. Like you I've met some great, and not so great Russians.

  4. #104
    Cadet silver Chilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    129
    I am sure I have read somewhere that russians see people smiling for no reason or to strangers, much how you walk down the street in the west and smile to complete strangers as a sign you are a numpty moron.

    Not sure where I read that, but can kind of see the reasoning.
    Bacon likes this.

  5. #105
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    I am sure I have read somewhere that russians see people smiling for no reason or to strangers, much how you walk down the street in the west and smile to complete strangers as a sign you are a numpty moron.

    Not sure where I read that, but can kind of see the reasoning.
    Not us Canadians. We smile at everyone... and it's a genuine smile, not some con-artist's smile.

  6. #106
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    I am sure I have read somewhere that russians see people smiling for no reason or to strangers, much how you walk down the street in the west and smile to complete strangers as a sign you are a numpty moron.

    Not sure where I read that, but can kind of see the reasoning.
    Yep, I've heard that from Russians themselves. They see it as clownish behaviour.

    But when you think about the frozen hellhole they come from and how miserable their lives(and attitudes) have been/are, then it's no wonder they think this way.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  7. #107
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Yep, I've heard that from Russians themselves. They see it as clownish behaviour.

    But when you think about the frozen hellhole they come from and how miserable their lives(and attitudes) have been/are, then it's no wonder they think this way.
    I know some very smiley, normal Russians... and the south aint such a frozen hell-hole... and even Moscow isn't that much different to say Prague, or Berlin. Maybe it's Siberian Russians who don't smile... and have you not seen the way Putin smiles every time elections are mentioned?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  8. #108
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    the way Putin smiles every time elections are mentioned?
    US elections or Russian? 55
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  9. #109
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    US elections or Russian? 55
    Both?

    "Look... don't worry about Mueller... he knows nothing... now 2020 could be even trickier than 2016... but I promise you can have Syria and the western Ukraine... ok, ok and lower Manhattan"

    justcruzing1 likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  10. #110
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,759
    He looks like a wee midget next to Trump, so I Googled it and turns out he's only 5.5.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  11. #111
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49,538
    ^Small man syndrome? Wants to rule the world.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  12. #112
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    75
    russians--def rude one chucked his bucket if drink over me in bangla---bloody square heads --

  13. #113
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    75
    just n the lot of them --prob solved

  14. #114
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,549
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfella View Post
    ....one chucked his bucket if drink over me in bangla....
    similar to what this board does to you (metaphorically) every time you make a post then Andy...555
    wabbits, Quarky and PeteGill like this.

  15. #115
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    75
    i can take it backwan ,goes in one ear and out t,other --there,s nothing in between

  16. #116
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,612
    Didn't have any issues with Russians in Krabi, and there were plenty of them. It was the Indian tourists that stood out, either groups of guys or the wives.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

  17. #117
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,759
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    similar to what this board does to you (metaphorically) every time you make a post then Andy...555
    Yeah I'm more interested in what he did to the Russian 55.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  18. #118
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Didn't have any issues with Russians in Krabi, and there were plenty of them. It was the Indian tourists that stood out, either groups of guys or the wives.
    I didn't notice any certain groups in Krabi with the exception of a lot of Scandinavians

  19. #119
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,924
    Had a bit of a wrestle with a BSing Russian in an a gogo bar in Patong once...strange dude. the night was capped off when i got involved in a fist fight at the then new Hollywood club later....don't miss boozy nights out on the town one bit 5555
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •