Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Your Shortest Trip to LOS ?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Your Shortest Trip to LOS ?

After talking to a guy I met on the weekend I was amazed he said he sometimes flies from Perth to Bangkok (8 hours) for a weekend away, he takes a friday night flight and arrives in Bangkok in the early hours of Saturday, spends the weekend their and then takes the Sunday midnight flight back to Perth, arrives about 8am Monday and goes straight to work in his car he has left at the airport 555

Maybe im too lazy but I would never do that unless for an emergency, even then I think I would make a break of it, even my 2 week trips are too short, the longest I can manage at this stage is 3 weeks and that even flies by.

Whats is your shortest trip away to LOS ?..................And from where ?................Different story if you lived in Singapore or somewhere nearby.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I did 4 days in the ground with 23hr flights each way
    I had nothing going on for a long weekend and got a great deal on business class so figured the flights were a nice rest with 4 days in between
    I dont get jet lagged so that helps
    I am 5 1/2 hours from Hawaii and if there are some great deals I will do 3 day weekends there

If I am in the right frame of mind......the flights don't bother me

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    My first trips were 2-3 days but only as a stopover on the way to Eastern Europe....too tired and worn out to stop again on the way back
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I've done 3 full days - cheap fares, sleep on the plane, easy peasy.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    4 days....Sydney to Pattaya 12 day Holiday but left after 4 days and went home.
    Hated Pattaya, put me off Los for a while.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    After talking to a guy I met on the weekend I was amazed he said he sometimes flies from Perth to Bangkok (8 hours)
    Gee, I thought Perth was closer to BKK, it's just over 8 hrs from Melbourne.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Shortest trip? 1972 British Airways stopped at Don Mueng. Off the plane and into the "Terminal" by bus for an hour or so then on to Bombay.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Minders prob had a few.5555
    Do like that midnight flight off the plane and into the car by 930 am.

I'm having a deja vu... didn't someone start the exact same thread a few weeks ago? ...555

Anyway... same as C1... 1.5 hrs.... never left the airport...

But I do mostly 3, 4 or 5 day trips now as a stopover between the UK and NZ.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I'm having a deja vu... didn't someone start the exact same thread a few weeks ago? .

I also thought I had read a similar thread, but couldnt find it 555
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    Gee, I thought Perth was closer to BKK, it's just over 8 hrs from Melbourne.

From memory our direct flights are about 7 3/4 hours to get there and 7 1/2 return.

I used to fly a lot to Toronto, Canada ( 5 or 6 hours depending on the wind.. 555) for long weekends. Used to be able to get flights for about 200 ten years ago. So did that a few times.... with Thailand being 15 hours away... not so keen.

I used to fly a lot to Toronto, Canada ( 5 or 6 hours depending on the wind.. 555) for long weekends. Used to be able to get flights for about 200 ten years ago. So did that a few times.... with Thailand being 15 hours away... not so keen.
    I fly to Boston for long weekends
    And there is no direct flight but usually have great connections so all in 7.5-8hrs each way

I think it all depends how you like the airport experience and jetlag

Hell, and of the month I am doing Boston, NYC, Washington DC and Chicago in 9 days
    It helps that I can train between Boston-NYC-DC

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quarky likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    I'm having a deja vu... didn't someone start the exact same thread a few weeks ago? ...555

Anyway... same as C1... 1.5 hrs.... never left the airport...

But I do mostly 3, 4 or 5 day trips now as a stopover between the UK and NZ.
    I started one on PI a few months back when had a crazy idea to use my 1 in 5 week off to go to LOS. Quickly decided was nuts!
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I fly to Boston for long weekends
    And there is no direct flight but usually have great connections so all in 7.5-8hrs each way

I think it all depends how you like the airport experience and jetlag

Hell, and of the month I am doing Boston, NYC, Washington DC and Chicago in 9 days
    It helps that I can train between Boston-NYC-DC
    I don't seem to suffer jetlag when I go on holiday... only when I return to work... 555

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ...even the same thread title and same section... and Rivo even posted in it... 555

Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    I started one on PI a few months back when had a crazy idea to use my 1 in 5 week off to go to LOS. Quickly decided was nuts!
    There you go... a double deja vu... 55
    Last edited by Quarky; 18th September 2014 at 04:04.

I don't seem to suffer jetlag when I go on holiday... only when I return to work... 555
    My 1st trip to Asia, I was so worried I came home 3 days before I had to return to work..........waste of days!! 555
    Now I fly in the night before

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    My 1st trip to Asia, I was so worried I came home 3 days before I had to return to work..........waste of days!! 555
    Now I fly in the night before
    Sometimes I am fine. But coming from NZ direct is tough... I am messed up for about a week... but last time I broke it up with a few days in LOS and I was straight back into my routine back in the UK... so obviously a LOS trip doesn't give you jetlag... 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Anything less than 4 months would be frightening to me now. I used to do the 30 day trips and they were okay, but I always left wanting more. My first trip to Thailand in 1996 was only supposed to be 14 days, but I added an extra week when I met a lady where we both enjoyed each other's company for more than just sex. I was still working at the time and had to fit my Asian trips into my yearly holiday schedule. But, traveling from Canada to Bangkok is close to a 20 hour ordeal with all the plane delays and layovers. Traveling on to Chiang Mai takes on an added day depending on flight arrivals from Canada. If I get into Bangkok early enough I can usually book a flight to Chiang Mai within a couple of hours... but not always. The flight is only one hour, but flights are often full and there's not always stand-by room. The flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong is close to 14 hours. That is about 10 hours too long for my back and butt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast