The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
Like Tree496Likes

Thread: Thai houses - your photos

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    a pic from inside the Museum....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    That was one of the things I DID want to visit when I first went to Bangkok... the King's barges... which are more like large boats all decorated with great wooden carvings. The King's palace, Wat Arun and the nature wildlife museum were other "must see" on my agenda.
    Been there as well with bro.
    After we rented a long tail and he took us all round Nonburi.
    Top day..

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Someones big dream came to an end.........................................or is on hold................................

Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    The huge eaves are practical - as long as you dont live in a high wind area !

^ turret from which to fire on marauders OR a lighthouse for when the oceans rise up? Nice house otherwise.
    Distantpeak likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    ^ turret from which to fire on marauders OR a lighthouse for when the oceans rise up? Nice house otherwise.
    Its so he can lookout for when his wife is coming home and toss out the GF............55
    Ian Forbes likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Someones big dream came to an end.........................................or is on hold................................

ATM ran out of money 55555555
    Zablive, Ian Forbes and obes like this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Theres one like this is Cherng Talay , Hkt ... but it has a nice roof in place.

Cadet Gold

Two similar projects in my area

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by anmeno; 30th October 2018 at 00:13.
    Rivo likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anmeno View Post
    Two similar projects in my area

More ATM's have run out of money......Girls have to find new ATM's.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Funny how that works, isn't it. That is where all those old stories come from on thaivisa and other old Thailand advice forums. 555

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    No ATM's involved in these cases.

Red roof, Thai with much land and big plans but not enough cash to finish the project. I thin he had some Japanese investors that wanted to buy it from him but he asked silly money.

Green roof is a big resort that was the place to be 20 years until the owner lost money on cards and then cheated money and land from her customers, result of this customer stop going there.
    PeteGill and Rivo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by anmeno View Post
    No ATM's involved in these cases.

Red roof, Thai with much land and big plans but not enough cash to finish the project. I thin he had some Japanese investors that wanted to buy it from him but he asked silly money.

Green roof is a big resort that was the place to be 20 years until the owner lost money on cards and then cheated money and land from her customers, result of this customer stop going there.
    The 'silly money' sell always makes me scratch my head , even after all these years.

"What , so you've run out of money , you even OWE money to friends and others , yet you want twice the 'finished' price for just a shell or a quickly degrading asset ?"

Its just so purile.

I faced that logic a while back , when word came out in the villiage that a 9 month old Hilux was coming onto the market cheap , as the surprisingly plain old Thai girl in whose possession it was , had been caught out with a 'boyfriend' by the Danish bloke who thought that HE was her boyfriend , and had paid the down payment and the 1 st 6 months , monthly payments.
    ( At least he was smart enough to not buy it in her name outright....)
    He had found this out in month 6 , and packed up and left for Denmark , and in the following 3 months she had not made a payment , let alone washed the thing.

Its funny in a villiage , in how news sort of cascades.
    The first word of it came via the 'ladies grapevine ' , and that was that 'An' was hiding the car at various ladies places that she worked with.
    Now most of them were just cleaning ladies , but a few knew it had a tracking device somewhere in it , and told her so .

So she thought she would be smart and move it around ! 555
    So , within a few days I had her lady boss tell me about it and I said to say I was interested , then a mate whose gf had minded it called me to say it appeared to be a good truck
    but if I pursued it , to check the logs , as this was the type of Thai lady who would think nothing of pocketing any money sent intended for 'servicing ' the car.

Then the next day yet ANOTHER mate rang and said , "Hey Deano , I just rented a late model Hilux for a coupla days , and this is the car all the tgs are talking about. You wanna look or drive?"
    So I drove it while he worked delivering stuff , and called by divers and met Soupdragon there , who owns Toyotas and has plenty of mechanical know how.
    He gave it a tick , but felt it needed a full service SOON. ( There were no books in the glove box)

But it was all a waste of time.
    The renter mate said I was interested when he returned the truck , and her reply was , "You friend give to me 200,000. We go Toyota and him pay out the 'owe' ( so balance of 715,000 ) and he can take MY car."
    When he pointed out that the NEW price ( back then ) was 820k , she replied , "Up to ME !"

The truck was repossessed about a week later.

Another great story, Dean. I always wonder about the lack of long term planning by so many Thai people.

Maybe I should include ALL countries. 555 My two ex wives had very little understanding about finances, planning, debt and bank interest rates.

I probably posted some of these pictures a long time ago, but the site they were on no longer exists.

When you get away from the Thai cities and into the rural villages in the mountain valleys, the dwellings change considerably. The locals use what building materials are most easily obtained. Most often that is teak wood posts and split bamboo matting for wall covering. Some of the better off people get rough sawed lumber to build stairs and some frame work. The roof might consist of split bamboo and big leaves that shed water when they are applied like shingles. Or, again, the more wealthy people can sometimes afford a corrugated plastic or metal roof.

The dirt roads into these are "primitive" and narrow, and frequently get washed out in any kind of a storm. Money is hard to come by, so anyone with a little truck is always busy hauling others to the nearest town or city for supplies.

But, the cooking facilities are still done the same old way.

My interest in these mountain valleys was usually on fishing trips.... but not quite so "primitive" as this local who caught eels with bait and a simple bamboo pole.

When the roads are washed out, or too muddy to travel by vehicle, the locals run up the relatively flat valley in beautifully, hand crafted river boats made of teak wood planks.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Distantpeak, Ian Forbes and Cuzzy like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast