The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 801 to 808 of 808
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: Thai houses - your photos

  1. #801
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16,975
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    To me a house is just bricks and mortar somewhere i sleep eat ect , i have lived in many different homes through out my life and i suppose thats why i think this way ,this is the second home i have owned that im in now ,someone asked me if you had to sell would i my reply was "in a heartbeat " .Some of the houses bove people would say im not living in that wooden shack, i could no problems the row houses are ok and i think this would be what the wife would look at rather than a split level .I think a lot has to do with what people think there status is me as long as i am happy and comfortable it doesnt bother me .
    One thing i have noticed is that thai homes seem to take up almost every inch of the lot maybe a small area at the front but about 3 feet from the fence at the back , its funny when i look at the houses for sale as some are jammed to the ceiling with clutter almost as if thais are horders i suppose this comes from being a transient population moving where the work is and each place they collect gear and take it to the next place .
    "...its funny when i look at the houses for sale as some are jammed to the ceiling with clutter almost as if thais are horders.."

    In Aus , my Mum used to call people like that "Depression Horders/Babies" , meaning they'd live through hard times when they had had nothing left , so now weren't keen on throwing anything away ... some lived in genuine fear another Depression was imminent.

    Good ta see this thread is back in action .
    Cheers IF !

  2. #802
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    "...its funny when i look at the houses for sale as some are jammed to the ceiling with clutter almost as if thais are horders.."

    In Aus , my Mum used to call people like that "Depression Horders/Babies" , meaning they'd live through hard times when they had had nothing left , so now weren't keen on throwing anything away ... some lived in genuine fear another Depression was imminent.

    Good ta see this thread is back in action .
    Cheers IF !
    Mine is a minimalist as she thinks the limited stuff I have is hoarding.55555 She goes you keep stuff like a granpaaa .5555
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    .

  3. #803
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18,038
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Mine is a minimalist as she thinks the limited stuff I have is hoarding.55555 She goes you keep stuff like a granpaaa .5555
    Mine just throws anything not locked down away 5555

    She is now basically a visitor until the summer and she comes for a month throws or moves half shift away and then leaves 5555
    wabbits likes this.

  4. #804
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,167
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Mine just throws anything not locked down away 5555

    She is now basically a visitor until the summer and she comes for a month throws or moves half shift away and then leaves 5555
    She threw out all the long tongs for the BBQ the other week...Looked a bit sheepish when I asked her where they were.5555
    Dont look old or sit in one place in our household or your gone.5555
    .

  5. #805
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,301
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    She threw out all the long tongs for the BBQ the other week...Looked a bit sheepish when I asked her where they were.5555
    Dont look old or sit in one place in our household or your gone.5555
    Now that is funny. 555

    Take warning, wabbits, you better dye that grey in your hair and not sit around anywhere too long. 55555
    Quarky likes this.

  6. #806
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16,975
    Years back my tg couldnt give me directions to her villiage , had no idea , and there is about 5 ways to get there.

    So I bought a map and glanced at it a few times .

    We stopped and got mangoes and she got over the back to feed the baby some , and that was good , driving along with fresh sweet mango being popped into my mouth. Later we came to a crossroads and I wanted to check the map.
    "Wheres the map tilak ?"
    "Uuhhh ??"
    "The map , the paper I keep checking with all the lines on it..."
    "Ohhh.."
    I look back .

    Shes wrapped all the mango scraps in the map.

  7. #807
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Years back my tg couldnt give me directions to her villiage , had no idea , and there is about 5 ways to get there.

    So I bought a map and glanced at it a few times .

    We stopped and got mangoes and she got over the back to feed the baby some , and that was good , driving along with fresh sweet mango being popped into my mouth. Later we came to a crossroads and I wanted to check the map.
    "Wheres the map tilak ?"
    "Uuhhh ??"
    "The map , the paper I keep checking with all the lines on it..."
    "Ohhh.."
    I look back .

    Shes wrapped all the mango scraps in the map.
    Pardon me for laughing, but that was funny. It brings back so many memories of Thai people who have no concept of maps. I have a hundred funny stories about that.

  8. #808
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,301
    Going through my old photos and resizing them for IMGUR

    These are a couple standard type homes you might see in Phan (where my friend Pui used to live). Very few farangs in that small city.





    These are the two homes my Icelandic friend, Siggy built for his Thai wife and her parents in a rural district outside Udon Thani. There were quite a few similar structures nearby with Thais living there.


Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •