Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bangkok International Motor Show 2015

Bangkok International Motor Show 2015

The 36th Bangkok International Motor Show, is on March 26 until April 6 2015.

Full details here : Bangkok International Motor Show

Should be an interesting show with some exciting new releases.

Last edited by kaptainrob; 3rd February 2015 at 21:14.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    In the days it was held at BITEC the promotion girls would be housed at the nearby Avana Hotel on Bangna Road - you would see them at breakfast in groups of 10 or so - with a tough looking female chaperone assigned to each group - like little flocks of pretty cooing doves being guarded by an old Vulture...

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    You going...?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    You going...?
    Yes, time to trade up ... besides, good excuse to attend Ibis Riverside seafood buffet.
    Changone likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    What!
    Got 300k+km up yet!
    Didn't you buy the best truck ever made?

It's a pity Thais refuse to use native English speaking proof readers in their ads production.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    What!
    Got 300k+km up yet!
    Didn't you buy the best truck ever made?

It's a pity Thais refuse to use native English speaking proof readers in their ads production.
    100k getting close and yes the DMax is bullet-proof. Tray back has been invaluable and may be missed but passenger (guest) comfort is now more important.
    Cheers, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    100k getting close and yes the DMax is bullet-proof. Tray back has been invaluable and may be missed but passenger (guest) comfort is now more important.
    Why?
    Have you adopted some teenaged refugees?

Or is the Family moving into their house 555!
    Changone and kaptainrob like this.

Cadet
    I've never been to Impact Arena but would like to go to the car show this year, time to trade up for me too. Can someone clue me in please?. I stay at the Landmark in Bangers, about how far from there to Impact in a taxi?. Next problem, getting home. Is it easy to get a taxi from Impact back to lower Sukhumvit?.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    should be lots of pretty girls draped over cars ... don't forget your camera

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    You going...?
    If it was still at BITEC - Yes - now not sure I will have time ... but interested ....

Edit in .... make that "Not this time" ... just checked the location .... halfway to Chiang Mai ...555

http://www.impact.co.th/userfiles/im...verviewmap.pdf

IMPACT - Direction & Transportation - IMPACT Arena, Exhibition & Convention Center is one of Asia?s largest and most modern exhibition

Impact.JPG
    Last edited by Minder; 3rd February 2015 at 23:17.
    Life is the unexpected ...

30 minute ride in Event shuttle buses from Mo Chit BTS station. Shuttles run from 0600 to 2300.

15 minute taxi ride from Don Muang airport.

Long walk.
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Hmmm...passenger cars.

this one would be top of my list

FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Cadet
    They're a nice car, but anyone looking in that category should have a test drive in a Honda Accord as well. A mate bought one recently and they really are a beautiful car to ride in, very smooth and quiet. Then there's the Camry of course, basically you can't go wrong because they're all nice cars!.

^Honda would be my pick in a sedan for quality and service.

I believe an all new Fortuner will be on show. Wonder if styled in Australia again? Do Toyota still have design studios in Adelaide?
    Cheers, Rob.

wouldn't argue about the Accord. always been a great car.

i quite like the little Nissan V6's though....if that's what they have in them? just checked and they are now a straight 4 in this years model

Apart from the spec sheet, another big change in the 2.5XV comes under the hood as the creamy yet overkill 2.5-litre V6 in the outgoing model is binned in favour of a more fuel efficient inline-four with the same displacement. Twin variable valve timing and uprated internals help it push out 170hp with 234Nm of torque, less power but more torque than the V6. More importantly however is the fuel efficiency that has improved by more than 25 per cent.
    Nissan continues its affinity for CVTs by slotting in a heavily uprated version of the XTronic CVT from the previous model between the new engine and front wheels. The transmission now has 70 per cent of new components that serve to reduce internal friction by 40 per cent, going a long way in achieving good fuel economy.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 5th February 2015 at 00:52.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    It's funny here in Aust. Nissan doesn't have much of the market other than their Patrol.

I know it's no longer the case but in years gone by they were tinny rustbuckets and noisy timing chain cars. I think that has stuck to them and their resale is never high so people are slow to take them on.

Obviously in other parts of the world they are well respected.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    It's funny here in Aust. Nissan doesn't have much of the market other than their Patrol.

I know it's no longer the case but in years gone by they were tinny rustbuckets and noisy timing chain cars. I think that has stuck to them and their resale is never high so people are slow to take them on.

Obviously in other parts of the world they are well respected.
    Teana was sold as Maxima in Oz and Altima in US. One of Nissans best selling car in many years in outsold Camry last year. I think Nissan have learnt the pitfalls of shoehorning at v6 into a tight engine bay as did Toyota.

Remember the indestructible 180B? Apart from 300zx success there have not been too many memorable Nissans in recent years.
    Cheers, Rob.

i think the Maxima,although not overly popular in Oz,was very popular with industry experts for it's functionality and silky smooth V6 engine and top notch CVT transmission.

their "Z cars" are all time classics renowned for their performance,reliability and affordability....the sports car for the working class.

Teana was sold as Maxima in Oz and Altima in US. One of Nissans best selling car in many years in outsold Camry last year. I think Nissan have learnt the pitfalls of shoehorning at v6 into a tight engine bay as did Toyota.

Remember the indestructible 180B? Apart from 300zx success there have not been too many memorable Nissans in recent years.
    1984 series SWB Nissan turbo diesel 4WD.
    Miles ahead of anything in its class and still winning 4WD mud events due to its great power/weight ratio.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

I quiet liked the Maxima as a business car and of course always loved the 300ZX, the 180B was a good motor but tinny and rusted badly.

Like I said I'm sure they have a bigger share of the market overseas.

Same with brands like Peugeot and Renault massive markets overseas but not much in Aust.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast