Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Counterfeit goods seized.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar

Counterfeit goods seized.

They have found a new way to kill off the tourism for Phuket !

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-...lion-50871.php
    !qq!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I'm sure the families of the BiB will all be helping themselves to the stockpile. On top of what their Western corporate masters have paid them for opening the market for them.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

they do these raids regularly, tick it off their 'to do' list then move down to another 'crackdown'; likely picking on vendors who haven't paid up the required bribes

Phuket Gazette - Customs seize b5m of fake goods 11 October 2007
    Phuket Gazette - B34m of fake goods destroyed 28 August 2007
    Bangkok Post - Phuket - B40m fake designer goods seized 8 Jul 2013
    Phuketwan - Phuket police have seized copy goods valued at 15 million baht and arrested 21 store owners in Patong 9 July 2010
    Phuket Gazette - Counterfeit goods worth B495mn destroyed in Phuket Town 7 June 2014

last year:

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Too true Wabbits, I used too buy enough Clothes to last me a year at home on my trips to LOS. Now things are so cheap here I dont bother to buy much in LOS now. Nothing worse trying on , bartering and all the rest in 30 deg plus heat.
    wabbits and Minder like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ yeah,they are shooting themselves in the foot with their..."how much you give" answer to how much things are question.

i rarely buy things from local markets for that reason....just don't want to play their pi55 take game.

was looking for a backpack last year and saw some decent ones in a shop and first price quoted was 850 baht...which i knew was a pi55 take and slowly headed towards the door only to hear her say.....800....650....500...and finally 400 as i got to the entrance and walked away 555
    300 might have been close to the mark...but fk em.
    Soupdragon and Ian Forbes like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I knew a girl that owned three bag (purse) shops. She paid tea money and would get a call telling her which days not to open her shop.
    wabbits and supersub like this.
    I hate being bipolar. It's awesome!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I will say that Thai knock off clothes are good quality.
    Years before going to LOS I went to Bali, the clothes I bought fell apart in 3-5 months, logo's faded stitching snapped etc.

The gear i got in LOS in 2010 I am still wearing and most has had a lot of time on my back.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

The most cunning and organised market sellers would have to be the Balinese.
    Years ago while in a Bemo (taxi) the driver pointed at my plastic bag that in it I had some shorts that I had just bought from the Markets and laughed. He said "you pay to much" I asked how do you know?...Well he explained that the sellers have different coloured bags for how much of a bargainer you are.
    Eg. if your a sucker you get a striped bag (which I had) or say a black bag to say your a hard bastard....this let the other shop owners know when you walked into their shop if your a easy target or not.
    I wonder if the Thai's have a similar thing going on.
    justcruzing1, TLandHim and GMT like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Years ago while in a Bemo (taxi) the driver pointed at my plastic bag that in it I had some shorts that I had just bought from the Markets and laughed. He said "you pay to much" I asked how do you know?...Well he explained that the sellers have different coloured bags for how much of a bargainer you are.
    Eg. if your a sucker you get a striped bag (which I had) or say a black bag to say your a hard bastard....this let the other shop owners know when you walked into their shop if your a easy target or not.
    The Bainese themselves are not too bad. It's the Javanese muslims that are the cnuts and do all that sh*t.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

^yep the Javanese have always had a bad name over there...They were who the Taxi driver was probally talking about. Ive found most Balinese too be pretty good people.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    I never knew that and I think it is brilliant!
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    What are the clothes like in Robinsons? I see lots of designer gear there which looks legit but i've always wondered. I've never really done much shopping for myself there tbh. The most I usually buy are a few singlets.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    When I was in CM , my friend was buying a dodgy dvd from a stall by the Night Market , a policeman was also browsing through the latest films , although he probably got a "discount" ... 555
    Quarky likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ yeah,they are shooting themselves in the foot with their..."how much you give" answer to how much things are question.
    I find the battle starts if you ask a price. A better tactic is to get in first with an offer that they either take or leave.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ i've done that too and they've gladly accepted it 555
    Soupdragon likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ i've done that too and they've gladly accepted it 555
    Recently my regular vendor I have used for many years shut up saying they got too much hastle from MIB to make it worth it anymore so I had to find a new outlet. Wandering round OTOP trying to get reasonable prices was a pain but eventually found one who gave me the 150 for T shirts and 250-400 for shorts which I think is the right price and I will use them again.

The girl closed the deal by saying in her sales pitch "You're not pom puey (sp), you're western size" which made me smile.
    Moo Uaon likes this.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Robinson is very good, work shoes and work shirts for me mostly, good quality cotton designer stuff that lasts is better or same as top notch retailers anywhere but at a great price.
    I have bought a lot of kids stuff from there and it has been top notch still looking OK when he out grew it and it got passed on to the local kids.
    wabbits likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Kmart for me these days, although sizes for the more robust figured gentleman are sometimes harder to find. Got a smart pair of canvas boat shoes for $3 last shopping spree.

Another crazy scheme to inflate the price of heading to Phuket. NUTS

they've had a good run, doing it once a week for eight months - and sure there's plenty of other trucks doing the same; there's be a trail of bribes to follow, Rong Kluea is the border market at Aranyaprathet near PoiPet (Cambodia)

Two arrested with Bt18 million worth of pirated goods
    THE SUNDAY NATION February 15, 2015

POLICE HAVE ARRESTED two men and seized pirated goods worth Bt18 million in Chachoengsao's Sanam Chai Khet district in what is the eastern region's biggest-ever piracy bust, provincial police chief Maj-General Theerapol Jindaluang said at a press conference yesterday.

Chawapong Rattanawiang and Sombat Parabut, both 38, were arrested on Friday night at a checkpoint on Road 359 (Sa Kaew-Khao Hin Son).

They reportedly confessed to being hired for Bt6,000 to smuggle the China-made pirated goods in a six-wheel truck from Sa Kaew's Rong Kleu Market to a market in Nakhon Nayok.

They reportedly told police that they had done this once a week for nearly eight months.

The men have been charged with being in possession of pirated goods with intent to sell.

The goods include 557 brand-name bags, 500 polo shirts, 300 pairs of sandals, 1,325 sports clothing pieces and 233 sports shoes.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Back in 2005 I bought some casual shirts at Robinsons - I am still wearing them on nights out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast